Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #271
stiddy
Banned

get it on the radio, and on the nightly news aswell would be awsome..

i agree with the "no stupidity/burnouts" thing, we dont need to give AUfalcon.com a bad name..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #272
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Casper I was only "selling" this trip to my wife yesterday. Albert Park was a real bonus so close to the city and/or St.Kilda for her shopping fix !
This will be interesting where the next venue is ? lol.......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #273
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
SYDNEY!!!!!!
Old 13-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #274
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Casper I was only "selling" this trip to my wife yesterday. Albert Park was a real bonus so close to the city and/or St.Kilda for her shopping fix !
At the moment a move from APL is very unlikely. If we do move though it wont be far away. The site has to be "central", its a rule I've set. Reason being is that no one area should have an easier time getting there (within reason) than anywhere else. No point it being in Dandenong as it takes 2 hours from Geelong and Visa Versa. No, this is going to be central. Inner city suburbs 100%. The other "must have" is room for the kids. This is a family day, its critical that the family (and especially the kids) have something to do so they enjoy it too. I dont want it to be a car show with kids dragged along, its got to be a family day with cars dragged along.
APL is still the most likely this year but I'm starting to have concerns about space for the cars. Next year is most certainly going to be a different location.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #275
OZFORDAU
Banned

Lightbulb Media...

I have a friend who works at chanel 9. And i'll have a chat to him to see if he can do anything for us, as in just after the news finishes they normally have a little prestation of something special! So i'll see how it goes!

And as for local papers goes we may get a spot in there! I'll give them a call when it gets closer! If the papers couldn't be botherd coming down i can take some shots on the day which im going to do anyway and send them in and if someone else will write up a story on it and we will send them in both together! Having the radio station down there would be great too!

Great ideas people! :nutsycuck
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #276
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
I have a friend who works at chanel 9. And i'll have a chat to him to see if he can do anything for us, as in just after the news finishes they normally have a little prestation of something special! So i'll see how it goes!

And as for local papers goes we may get a spot in there! I'll give them a call when it gets closer! If the papers couldn't be botherd coming down i can take some shots on the day which im going to do anyway and send them in and if someone else will write up a story on it and we will send them in both together! Having the radio station down there would be great too!

Great ideas people! :nutsycuck
That would be fantastic to get on the CH9 "Eddies the Boss now" News!!!

As for Papers etc, we are already writing press release for them to see how it goes..... among other things

Old 13-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #277
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
That would be fantastic to get on the CH9 "Eddies the Boss now" News!!!

As for Papers etc, we are already writing press release for them to see how it goes..... among other things

Cool as, i'll see what happens and i'll let you know!
Do you need photos for the paper thou? Or is that covered?

Cheers
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #278
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
Cool as, i'll see what happens and i'll let you know!
Do you need photos for the paper thou? Or is that covered?

Cheers
Covered Your going to be taking a fair few of the I assume

Old 13-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #279
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If space is a becoming a problem, I can bring Connors trike. He can dinky us and we can park it in a tree.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #280
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
At the moment a move from APL is very unlikely. If we do move though it wont be far away. The site has to be "central", its a rule I've set. Reason being is that no one area should have an easier time getting there (within reason) than anywhere else. No point it being in Dandenong as it takes 2 hours from Geelong and Visa Versa. No, this is going to be central. Inner city suburbs 100%. The other "must have" is room for the kids. This is a family day, its critical that the family (and especially the kids) have something to do so they enjoy it too. I dont want it to be a car show with kids dragged along, its got to be a family day with cars dragged along.
APL is still the most likely this year but I'm starting to have concerns about space for the cars. Next year is most certainly going to be a different location.
Albert Park is still going ahead, going on site this week to check it out as I've organised a meet with Parks Vic. for a different site within Albert Park.
They tell me of a few sites away from the main drag (Aughtie Dve.-St.Kilda side) with plenty of carparks for what we need, of course there's a bbq and amenities.
I'll keep you posted. :evilsasmo

Mick :Up_to_som

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #281
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Great new Mick, a bigger area at APL would be the perfect solution. Your help has been critical in getting this whole thing running.

Now on the topic of GRREAT NEWS. Just got a line from DOC at THEMBOYS and he has noticed how many cars are now coming from interstate. Being from SA himself he knows what a huge effort this is to get to Melb for this event and has therefore upped the ante so to speak.
I have had nothing to do with this, DOC did this off his own bat. He is a massive Ford fan, a great sponser but also an ex AU XR8 owner who was totally passionate about his AU..... and it shows.
Anyhow, the "NEW" show and shine prizes are as follows:

Updates:
Doc from THEMBOYS is donating 2 prize's to the winners of the Show and Shine.
$100 THEMBOYS voucher for the winner of the best "local" AU (local being accepted Melb Metro area and suburbs including Geelong).
$100 THEMBOYS voucher for the winner of the best "travelling" AU (Country Vic and any other state).
AFF Admin have also donated an AFF shirt, hat & keyring for the Show & Shine. Catagory to be determined shortly.

Old 13-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #282
stiddy
Banned

A big thankyou to Mick is in order aswell...

THANK YOU MICK lol
Old 14-02-2006, 07:30 AM   #283
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I met Doc at Christmas time. Nice guy. Makes a pretty mean coffee. :
Old 14-02-2006, 07:54 PM   #284
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

The Herald Sun have a section in drive that lists this sort of thing.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #285
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Great new Mick, a bigger area at APL would be the perfect solution. Your help has been critical in getting this whole thing running.

Now on the topic of GRREAT NEWS. Just got a line from DOC at THEMBOYS and he has noticed how many cars are now coming from interstate. Being from SA himself he knows what a huge effort this is to get to Melb for this event and has therefore upped the ante so to speak.
I have had nothing to do with this, DOC did this off his own bat. He is a massive Ford fan, a great sponser but also an ex AU XR8 owner who was totally passionate about his AU..... and it shows.
Anyhow, the "NEW" show and shine prizes are as follows:

Updates:
Doc from THEMBOYS is donating 2 prize's to the winners of the Show and Shine.
$100 THEMBOYS voucher for the winner of the best "local" AU (local being accepted Melb Metro area and suburbs including Geelong).
$100 THEMBOYS voucher for the winner of the best "travelling" AU (Country Vic and any other state).
AFF Admin have also donated an AFF shirt, hat & keyring for the Show & Shine. Catagory to be determined shortly.
Casper you have a way with words that only the greatest scribes could appreciate, OK on with it, it's looking like it is going to be great day of fun for all, the day is about bringing all of the people together along with thier cars as common ground. And yes Casper i did love my AU it was one of the best cars i have run.

Will be great to see a few pics of the day and good luck to all in the shown shine. Enjoy your day

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #286
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Casper you have a way with words that only the greatest scribes could appreciate, OK on with it, it's looking like it is going to be great day of fun for all, the day is about bringing all of the people together along with thier cars as common ground. And yes Casper i did love my AU it was one of the best cars i have run.

Will be great to see a few pics of the day and good luck to all in the shown shine. Enjoy your day

Pete
LOL, just speaking the truth. Your support for the forums and now aufalcon.com has been huge. Without passionate people like you none of this stuff would happen.
If you dont make it over I'm sure you will be flooded with pics!

Old 14-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #287
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
SYDNEY!!!!!!
that would be nice :monkes:
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:44 PM   #288
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
that would be nice :monkes:
nothing stopping someone in sydney organising one. Go for it, I'll help out any way I can but someone needs to take the lead.

Old 14-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #289
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

i am excited!
its going to be a HUGE event, i am trying to think where we are going to park our cars without getting a ticket now... :hihi:

I have to get the AU cleaned up and some new bits and pieces for it before the event!!! aaarrrrghhhh.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #290
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
i am excited!
its going to be a HUGE event, i am trying to think where we are going to park our cars without getting a ticket now... :hihi:

I have to get the AU cleaned up and some new bits and pieces for it before the event!!! aaarrrrghhhh.
Apart from the Heathcote days and the Raids I dont think there is actually ever been a bigger single event on the Forums. I know that there has never been a bigger single model event and certainly not one staged at a set venue with this sort of build up.
We should all be very proud that this "ugly duckling" car has come to a point that the support base behind it as a cohesive group is second to none! Passion is what is driving this. True passion. The amount of offers of help and idea I have gotten in PM is amazing. I really wish we could do it all and has given me idea for makeing this even bigger next year (new location included). This years goal is 50 AU's now (hell, only planned for 20 max at the start) and next year I'd like to see 75 or more!

Cant wait to see all those AU's cruise into the park and watch everyones jaws drop as we arrive! :

Old 14-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #291
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
i am excited!
Settle down Rob. Don't wanna be wetting your pants in a public forum. Its most ebarasking :
Old 14-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #292
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

AU's
1. BLUPRNT XR8 (and wife)
2. Casper (and family)
3. Tornado (Just me)
4. The Dok (and family) 2 adults/2 kids (under 16)
5. HP Dude (AU XR8 (1 adult) and AU XR6HP(2 adults))
6. BJMXR (single man... sad stuff)
7. asterix (and kid/s)
8. mattbl (2 Audults, 1 cute little girl)
9. XR6Stu (single man.. and lovin it!)
10. LG (plus a few)
11. Alex (AU XLS ute V8)
12. RspecAU (and family)
13. TallPaul
14. Laminge and Dog
15. Alan (AUII XR6HP)
16. REDXR8BLOKE
17. Lushau
18. XR8GuY84 (AUII XR8 - Car load)
19. mattsAU1
20. T2TL50
21. Stiddy (with a car full of screaming teenage girls)
22. SFR ROB ( swear my name was down already though!? )
23. XR8UTE (just one...and my two stomachs :P )
24. romaniac
25. Bucky (2 Adults & 1 Child)
26. Mechan1k (maybe the other half) as per usual ... pencil me in [i really want to make it though]
27. crazy-au (Not sure if can get some time off work..)
28. Normell (single man.. and lovin it also!)
29. XITED6
30. AU3 Chaser (hopefully) (and g/f)
31. blackauman
32. chief (bringing down wilsonnw)
33. Greenrob & XRWidow
34. Bluedriver ( yet to confirm, 2 adults 2.5 kids )
35. swoop
36. Gilesie, there will be Myself, the lovely wife, the boy(15yo) the girl (7yo)
37. MACK 6 (yet to confirm, but will be happy to cruise over with other south aussies)(ps, all alone)
38. Davocol
39. XR6-VCT-2000
40. OZFORDAU
41. divine afg
42. 99xr8
43. AU Wagin
44. XR_Strider_GuY

Non AU's
1. MADNC_8......
2. EA2BA
3. EL Ghia
4. russellw +3 FPV GT-p (or whatever is in the garage by then)

Old 15-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #293
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I met Doc at Christmas time. Nice guy. Makes a pretty mean coffee. :
Please dont talk about coffee. I haven't had a decent cup since i've been in WA...its been like 3 WEEKS!!!!

I've been eating instant out of the jar and people at work are looking at me funny.

Doc, I'll have a long black with a bit of cold milk on the side, please

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #294
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
Please dont talk about coffee. I haven't had a decent cup since i've been in WA...its been like 3 WEEKS!!!!

I've been eating instant out of the jar and people at work are looking at me funny.

Doc, I'll have a long black with a bit of cold milk on the side, please
LOL what can one say to that.. LMAO..
Old 15-02-2006, 09:49 PM   #295
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Hmm.. need a generator and an Expresso machine for the BBQ day. We have the park booked to 9pm and a few nice coffee's after all the festivities might be nice.

Last edited by Casper; 15-02-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 15-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #296
XR82GO
AU XR8 UTE

Quote:
Hmm.. need a generator and an Expresso machine for the BBQ day. We have the park booked to 9pm and a few nice coffee's after all the festivities might be nice.
See if you can find someone that has a mobile coffe van that would come to the event and do some business...just a thought :

www.utez.com.au

Rum Runners Ute Club
XR82GO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 11:56 PM   #297
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Settle down Rob. Don't wanna be wetting your pants in a public forum. Its most ebarasking :
LOL
hahahaha

i know, shame on me!
I just think it will be exciting to meet everyone off these forums that we chat to and have come to "know" over the last year or so.
:thebirds:
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #298
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I say "el presidente" please add my XR to said list complete with wife + the pursuit ute
with 2 occupants ( if it hasn"t sold buy then)
GEE what a list + what a day to be had..............cheers Whoosha.

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 01:13 PM   #299
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

AU's
1. BLUPRNT XR8 (and wife)
2. Casper (and family)
3. Tornado (Just me)
4. The Dok (and family) 2 adults/2 kids (under 16)
5. HP Dude (AU XR8 (1 adult) and AU XR6HP(2 adults))
6. BJMXR (single man... sad stuff)
7. asterix (and kid/s)
8. mattbl (2 Audults, 1 cute little girl)
9. XR6Stu (single man.. and lovin it!)
10. LG (plus a few)
11. Alex (AU XLS ute V8)
12. RspecAU (and family)
13. TallPaul
14. Laminge and Dog
15. Alan (AUII XR6HP)
16. REDXR8BLOKE
17. Lushau
18. XR8GuY84 (AUII XR8 - Car load)
19. mattsAU1
20. T2TL50
21. Stiddy (with a car full of screaming teenage girls)
22. SFR ROB ( swear my name was down already though!? )
23. XR8UTE (just one...and my two stomachs :P )
24. romaniac
25. Bucky (2 Adults & 1 Child)
26. Mechan1k (maybe the other half) as per usual ... pencil me in [i really want to make it though]
27. crazy-au (Not sure if can get some time off work..)
28. Normell (single man.. and lovin it also!)
29. XITED6
30. AU3 Chaser (hopefully) (and g/f)
31. blackauman
32. chief (bringing down wilsonnw)
33. Greenrob & XRWidow
34. Bluedriver ( yet to confirm, 2 adults 2.5 kids )
35. swoop
36. Gilesie, there will be Myself, the lovely wife, the boy(15yo) the girl (7yo)
37. MACK 6 (yet to confirm, but will be happy to cruise over with other south aussies)(ps, all alone)
38. Davocol
39. XR6-VCT-2000
40. OZFORDAU
41. divine afg
42. 99xr8
43. AU Wagin
44. XR_Strider_GuY
45. Whoosha (plus Mrs Whoosha)
46. Pursuit ute (2 people)

Non AU's
1. MADNC_8......
2. EA2BA
3. EL Ghia
4. russellw +3 FPV GT-p (or whatever is in the garage by then)

Old 18-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #300
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

4 more AU's to make 50. Come on kiddies, put your name down