Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Small car drivers have big mouths

Small car drivers have big mouths

A SURVEY of nearly four-thousand motorists has found that drivers of small cars are more prone to getting aggressive on the road, and of those, the biggest culprits are women.

Director of AMMI Corporate Affairs David Skapinker said tailgating and screaming abuse at other drivers were more likely to come from drivers of small cars.

He said young female drivers of small cars were more likely to display aggressive driving behaviour than men.

But this may also have to do with the fact that demographically women are also the most likely to buy these cars.

Old 24-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Small car drivers have big mouths

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
A SURVEY of nearly four-thousand motorists has found that drivers of small cars are more prone to getting aggressive on the road, and of those, the biggest culprits are women.

Never seen a young chick yelling out the car, getting out of the car to belt someone.

Plenty of blokes though, more often than not tradies and professional drivers.

My own survey over the last 20 years.

Last edited by flappist; 25-03-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: please do not avoid the swear filter
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id have to agree with stefan....

The worst trait i see in young female drivers is squeezing through narrow roads when they should be stopping and giveing way. ie: There is a car parked on a narrow road infront of them and your coming towards them. I have never seen a young female yet stop and give way, but simply barge through! all because they have a small car...

As for aggressive driving... worst of the lot is P platers (yes the majority displaying bad attitudes are males) and then comes the 4WD drive owners... all of which have been males.

Cant say I have ever seen a female in small car tail gate me in ages!

But if you wanna see aggression in females... go past a school zone at the end of the day and watch all the soccer moms!!!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
But if you wanna see aggression in females... go past a school zone at the end of the day and watch all the soccer moms!!!
You don't want to upset mumma bear, believe me.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Wait ... you call it "soccer" in Australia, too? I thought that was only in the US.
Old 24-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic
Wait ... you call it "soccer" in Australia, too? I thought that was only in the US.
we have the only real football in aus, so soccer is called . . . soccer
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have to agree. Backed my Focus out of the garage today onto our shared complex road and reversed into a 2002 Falcon Fairmont Ghia, damaging his personalised plate. No damage to Focus. This confirms your theory,enough said.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Small car drivers have big mouths

Director of AMMI Corporate Affairs David Skapinker said tailgating and screaming abuse at other drivers were more likely to come from drivers of small cars.

He said young female drivers of small cars were more likely to display aggressive driving behaviour than men.

But this may also have to do with the fact that demographically women are also the most likely to buy these cars.
I'm gonna agree with this. Young P plate chicks in hyundai xcels and getz are the worst. Used to be the ferral young chicks in Suzuki Vitaras but they've all grown up now and drive toyota Prados.....lol

There are plenty of bad drivers out there.....but the new breed of ferral bad attitude , can drive how i want, weave in and out of traffic like its a video game has to go to young females......they get especially angry if the mascarra hasnt been applied properly at the last Red light stop.......

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My cousin who drives a excel, would get out and knock somone out. But she is crazy LOL. I know a few other 20 21 22 girls that drive small cars that would get out, yell, scream, waive bats.

But they are from west subs of Melbourne. LOL
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #10
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Have to agree. My Mrs doesnt drive a small car but boy does she have a temper. I have people merge almost on me and i just hit the brakes and move on. She goes bannanas that I dont go bannanas!
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #11
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this one seems bs to me, drop your kids off at school and they all hop out of Land cruisers, territporys and klugers to abuse people, usualty in pink flannal jarmy pants and Roxy hoodies

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Im always getting road rage
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
I call bull5h!t

Never seen a young chick yelling out the car, getting out of the car to belt someone.

Plenty of blokes though, more often than not tradies and professional drivers.

My own survey over the last 20 years.

Totally agree with ya
But, hey dont let the truth get in the way of a good story
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

http://www.caradvice.com.au/164696/s...-women-survey/

There is even a poll you can vote in
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #15
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen two beauties involving female drivers (although I draw no conclusions from that - both genders can be equally bad).

One was a woman who charged into a roundabout failing to give way to somebody in it but she thought she was in the right (except she wasn't) and she went apoplectic, purple in the face screaming abuse. Only thing was she was driving an original Merc A series - the ridiculous-looking one that resembles a toilet brush holder. If only she could have seen what she looked like!

The other involved me. I was driving up a narrow lane and a truck was coming the other way. The truck driver kindly stopped and signalled me to squeeze past him in the gap between parked cars. Next thing this lady in a small car pulls out from behind him and confronts me head-on on the wrong side of the lane. I'm totally puzzled so I just sit there and wait. She doesn't move so eventually I reverse back to where I was to let her past and she pours out a torrent of abuse at me as she drives past. I see the truck driver smiling and raising his eyebrows as he lets me past after she's gone.

I honestly don't know what goes on in some people's minds!
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #16
Kevaclone

From the cab of my truck I cop it from ANYONE driving ANY car. Especially if I have the absolute gall want to merge in front of them. Good thing it has A/C and the windows are always up, makes it a whole lot easier to ignore them

School zones? I never venture near them drop off and pick up times, That's like driving into the wrong neighbourhood in East LA wearing the wrong colour

There is a school at Booval(Ipswich) that I happened to go past(cause it's on the main road) and all you could see were HSV kitted VS commonbores all lined up and a group of mostly fat, ugly, sour faced and chemically blond bogan mothers, there to pick up little Brock, Harley and Emily, I'd hate to pull up there in a ford
99 5.8M Profish plate alloy carport decoration
Kevaclone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
05_ENFORCER

My wife drives a small car and she has a big mouth, so I guess the survey is true

Old 25-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #18
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER
My wife drives a small car and she has a big mouth, so I guess the survey is true

There go your brownie points!!!!
Old 25-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #19
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Interesting, but I've seen every man, woman, his dog and the kitchen sink block the overtaking lane outbound and inbound on the M1.
Old 25-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #20
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last guy who abused me was in a small car. Apparently me doing the limit was too slow for him. Then I had to slow due to a car in front slowing to turn left in front of me and that was some how my fault as well so this guy behind got even more ****ed.

My girlfriend has a small car and always has people pulling out in front of her or cutting her off.

So my theory behind aggressive people in small cars is either they are sick of being pulled out in front of and they are over it and get ****ed off easily
or for some reason they feel inferior in thier small car around bigger cars so they try to make up for it by having a big mouth and acting tough.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #21
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People definitely do cut you off if you're driving a small car. I see people look, think, then do it anyway. In my old EF it didn't happen (though maybe it was because it looked like I wouldn't care if I rammed into them...)

The other thing I notice is that many people in larger cars (Ford as well as Holden) absolutely have to get past me, even if I'm sitting on the speed limit. They will overtake, then drop down to the same speed as me.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #22
ConradP

Only time I get antsy in my small car is if someone in a bigger car thinks they can just cut me off when lanes are merging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
People definitely do cut you off if you're driving a small car. I see people look, think, then do it anyway. In my old EF it didn't happen (though maybe it was because it looked like I wouldn't care if I rammed into them...)

The other thing I notice is that many people in larger cars (Ford as well as Holden) absolutely have to get past me, even if I'm sitting on the speed limit. They will overtake, then drop down to the same speed as me.
Or slower..
Old 25-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #23
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My own survey suggests 30-40 year old women late to pickup the kids in high powered 4wd's, speak with their right foot and are the most dangerous drivers on the road
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #24
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
My own survey suggests 30-40 year old women late to pickup the kids in high powered 4wd's, speak with their right foot and are the most dangerous drivers on the road
Yep, I'd agree with that.
Old 25-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
05_ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam

You've met my missus then