Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Do you like the look of the AU (std) headlights?
Not fussed really. 43 23.76%
Yes, love them. 48 26.52%
Would change them if I could afford to. 50 27.62%
Worst part of the car. 40 22.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #151
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Duffman .. definitely need to take a wall shot .... the lighter the colour of the wall the better.

I'll try and get some shots against the garage door soon ... and with upgraded globes as well.

All I can say is peripheral vision is SOOOOO much better ... and no stray light above the beam cut-off.
Old 27-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #152
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Duffman .. definitely need to take a wall shot .... the lighter the colour of the wall the better.
I'll try and get some shots against the garage door soon ... and with upgraded globes as well.
All I can say is peripheral vision is SOOOOO much better ... and no stray light above the beam cut-off.
Looking forward to some (more) images, maybe you & "Duffman" can stage a "light off" :jab:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpieez_xb_ute
are these available for purchase?
if so, can you let me know a price.
thanks.
Have replied but as your inbox is full. I've done all I can! :
Old 28-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #153
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I would upload mobile phone pics ... but Vodafone PXT servers have cacked their pants ... and don't want to play nice ... LOL

Still need to adjust the headlights to the left a bit though ... can tell by the "V" lines on the road when driving in front of me ... they veer off to the right slightly.

Just picked up Phillips Blue Vision 4000K globes in H1 format.
Was going to get the Crystal Vision/Diamond Vision ones ... but they aren't ADR approved ... and Autobarn had a tester there with all the different tyres of globes ... the higher colour temp 4300K and upwards actually dropped in light output ... the 4000K was the brightest there .. and was very white ... where as the others that aren't ADR approved started diminishing in light quality in favour for colour.

So far I have pics of the standard H1s in place ... and also a blurry pics al off lights on in the carpark (blurry cos the phone camera was having heart failure trying to adjust lighting to take the pic.)
Old 28-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #154
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Im not sure what it is but these lights seem to disable all cameras around them ;)
Old 28-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #155
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

hahahaaha ... camera works (kinda does on the phone) ... bloody Vodafone doesn't ... LOL.

Just tried it now. Still stuffed ... dammit.
Old 28-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #156
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
Im not sure what it is but these lights seem to disable all cameras around them ;)
I think I have accidently sent you the Victorian model, my bad. They were designed to deflect speed camera images........ :hihi:
Old 28-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #157
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
I think I have accidently sent you the Victorian model, my bad. They were designed to deflect speed camera images........ :hihi:
Hahahahaha ... Gold.
Man I nearly fell over in shock at the amount of camera on the freeway on the north side of Melbourne.

Every million dollars the government makes ... they must put up another one of those blue poles.
:nutsycuck :nutsycuck : :

Bracks is a speed camera nazi.
Old 28-04-2006, 06:00 PM   #158
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hahahahaha ... Gold.
Man I nearly fell over in shock at the amount of camera on the freeway on the north side of Melbourne.

Every million dollars the government makes ... they must put up another one of those blue poles.
:nutsycuck :nutsycuck : :

Bracks is a speed camera nazi.
Sadly I must agree. Great story in todays paper regarding some "graffiti" that has been on a Princes freeway overpass "for some months now", however, same freeway, different overpass, further along, more graffiti, only this time the "graffiti" was worded "speed camera" pointing to a "camouflaged" overhead camera...........it was cleaned off within hours.
Old 28-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #159
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I remember seeing something on the bridge ... saying "Shame shame shame" ... I think.
Or something along those lines.

It's amazing some words are more "noticeable" than others
Old 28-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #160
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

I don't know how you guys can live down there. In qld you rarely see speed cameras but they are about every now and then. Mostly their white 4wd's but they are noticable.

The thing I hate the most is if I head home on a friday night late say around 11pm you might see a speed camera but you never see a rbt. I mean come on its Friday night how many drunks are out there they should be catching instead.

Back on topic I drove for about 20 mins with HID on got out and felt the outside of the light and it was very very cool. I mean before it use to be very warm where the beam is but now its like the light isnt even on. I hope this means no damage.
Old 28-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #161
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Mine was the same as well.
Was cool to the touch on the outside of the lens.

But it could have been to poor quality lights that I used to have as well ... that the HID caused the damage to ... so not sure how it will go in the Genuine Ford Headlight. (very different construction)
Old 28-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #162
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mine was the same as well.
Was cool to the touch on the outside of the lens.

But it could have been to poor quality lights that I used to have as well ... that the HID caused the damage to ... so not sure how it will go in the Genuine Ford Headlight. (very different construction)
Should have no long term problems with these using the H1s, in fact, the lens will be cooler to touch much because the H1 sits further back than the old H4, also it's got the projector lens in front, have a look how thick that magnifier (projector) is in the centre, reminds me of the glasses "Professor" (Hubert Farnsworth) from "Futurama" wears. :hihi:

Last edited by The Dok; 28-04-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 28-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #163
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Yeah ... I have had a look through a projector/magnifier (Accord Euro) .... and damn they can be heavy ... and everything gets turned upside down as well ... LOL. Hence how the shield projects the flat top beam onto the road from above ... and turning it upside down.
Old 28-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #164
HLC
Audi S3

just a quick question Dok,

with these lights, are they legal as such? having projectors on a car that didnt come with them? like can one be defected for them? what are the standards that go with headlights and beam patterns etc? just curious...
Old 28-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #165
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
just a quick question Dok,

with these lights, are they legal as such? having projectors on a car that didnt come with them? like can one be defected for them? what are the standards that go with headlights and beam patterns etc? just curious...
You'd have a much greater chance being defected with the faded EF/L headlights than these puppies. My rule has always been, if you don't attract undue attention to yourself, you more than likley won't get pulled over (has worked for me for @20 years). From a roadworthy perspective, as long as they function (as per specified for that model vehicle), which these do, there is no problem. Most coppers don't know their a r s e from their big head so I doubt they'd realise the AU didn't come out with a projector.
Old 28-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #166
LUXO_8
windsor user

further on what Dok said, he used parts that are fully ADR compliant.... if he had, for example, made the projector himself, then it wouldnt be legal....

its a bit like my headlights, people often ask me if they'd be legal( pre the HID install that is).... i just tell them they were legal in the BMW they came out of so why wouldnt they be?:P
Old 28-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #167
HLC
Audi S3

fair points for both of you. but driving around with a p-plate on the back of your car is like driving around with a target on. : i get followed and my car is stock as. ah well.

thanks for your prompt replies guys.
Old 28-04-2006, 11:48 PM   #168
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

did i hear correct in that Dok would not be making any more as it was too time consuming?? may be wrong

would be a shame, was very impressed by the look

Adam
Old 29-04-2006, 12:41 AM   #169
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalKeen
did i hear correct in that Dok would not be making any more as it was too time consuming?? may be wrong
would be a shame, was very impressed by the look
Adam
Its true, I have said I won't do any more, (too time consuming + not enough $$ in them). More a summer option (for me) as this time of the year (wet/cooler weather) tends to be a busy few months & I am on my own. They do enhance the front somewhat, the excellent light output is also an added bonus (call it "accidental engineering"), I am the type to say "never say never" though!
Thanks for the compliment Adam! _2:
Old 29-04-2006, 07:03 PM   #170
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

As i said Dok, if the bezel modification is the issue then maybe you could do one and we could take a mould and make them from glass for you? Would be a lot easier.

cheers
Adam
Old 29-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #171
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As i said Dok, if the bezel modification is the issue then maybe you could do one and we could take a mould and make them from glass for you? Would be a lot easier.

cheers
Adam
Might be worth looking at, (was that you who suggested it at the BBQ?). I'll get a pair underway asap & get in touch with you mate.
Old 29-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #172
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Might be worth looking at, (was that you who suggested it at the BBQ?). I'll get a pair underway asap & get in touch with you mate.
was me yes : sorry should have introduced myself.

Theres no clips or anything is there? just sits in place? (pulled them out once a long time ago)

Let me know mate
was very impressed and would be a shame to stop
Old 29-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #173
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
was me yes : sorry should have introduced myself.

Theres no clips or anything is there? just sits in place? (pulled them out once a long time ago)

Let me know mate
was very impressed and would be a shame to stop
Ahhhh cool, & here I was thinking "who is this punk suggesting fibreglass"??? lol. The most important consideration is cost (there's really bugger all profit in em as is). There are no clips as such, just 1 or 2 moulded dowells (easy) & 1 screw (hole). Would be realatively straight forward I think.
Old 29-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #174
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Ahhhh cool, & here I was thinking "who is this punk suggesting fibreglass"??? lol.
yeah i get that a bit lol

Quote:
The most important consideration is cost (there's really bugger all profit in em as is).
Yep definately know where your coming from. Wouldnt be much at all really. And if we black gelcoat them hopefully you wouldnt even need to paint them

Quote:
There are no clips as such, just 1 or 2 moulded dowells (easy) & 1 screw (hole). Would be realatively straight forward I think.
no wuckers
get some made up and well go from there

cheers
Adam
Old 29-04-2006, 07:53 PM   #175
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

sounds very promising guys!
good to hear
Old 29-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #176
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep definately know where your coming from. Wouldnt be much at all really. And if we black gelcoat them hopefully you wouldnt even need to paint them cheers
Adam
"Black gelcoat" eh, no need to paint either, I'm liking this idea more & more. Will get on it pronto dood. Thanks again Adam.
Old 29-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #177
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
"Black gelcoat" eh, no need to paint either, I'm liking this idea more & more. Will get on it pronto dood. Thanks again Adam.
no worries mate look forward to it. :
Old 02-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #178
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

OK ... some initial shots after installation.
Probably not the shots your after though ... i tried to get a decent pic of the bezel ... but light reflection off the lens was a pain to try and take a photo "through it"

Will get more pics up later.
These pics are often the "decent" camera opposed to the camera in my phone.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #179
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I do like this one, what chance of a before (with the Altezza's) & an after using this shot. Looks very nice mate!
Old 02-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #180
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Before .... when i first put the HID in

And before i put the big spotties on as well.
Oh ... and before the nudge bar ... numberplate change ... skirts kit .... and mirror caps being repainted ... and less bugs too.
This user likes this post:
Closed Thread