Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #1
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Question Who Saw The Foo Fighters

Lukily enough to go see the FOO FIGHTERS wednesday night for free what a gig >They can sure put on a show just wondered if any one else went .I only decided to go tues night so i rang a contact of mine too see if there were any tickets left and he said he will ring me back .20 mins later the call came through telling me where to pick them up and he stated the seats were ok, i didnt care they were free .To mine and my mates surprise when we got there we wre 4 roes from the front what a night it was ,it was a greatest hits EXTRAVIGANZA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 11:05 PM   #2
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

Yeah I went..was my first concert to.
The supporting band was pretty crap
But the Foo Fighters were just awesome live..shame it only feels like it goes for 30 mins :P
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 11:07 PM   #3
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I saw Motley Crue and Motorhead instead. Dave Grohl himself wanted to see the other gig, as they played on the same night on Tuesday.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #4
GRNKPR

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
I saw Motley Crue and Motorhead instead. Dave Grohl himself wanted to see the other gig, as they played on the same night in Melb.

yeh there is 365 days in a year and we cant put FOO FIGHTERS and MOTLEY CRUE on different nights its pretty F%%KED isnt it :

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 08-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #5
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Motley Crue did annouce a second show at the Palais for last night (not with Motorhead though...) and sounds like FF had a second show but you're right, competing promoters didn't bother to make a schedule that suited both tours and that's a shame...

For me, it wasn't a big deal because I'm not such a FF fan. Motorhead and MC were both awesome though.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:18 PM   #6
GRNKPR

i know i cant hang too much on one of the promoters as i work for him in another area and i might cost me dearly .i havnt paid for a concert in 13 years and have been to some big acts in Melbourne and interstate

Old 08-12-2005, 11:25 PM   #7
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Yeah, happens - I've promoted local metal gigs, and it can happen then as well. Both were sellouts, both had second gigs so it wasn't all bad news. Motorhead/MC attracted a more metal and older crowd, where as those I saw coming out from FF were younger.

Promoters would be cool to work for, a mate works for Ticketek and still had to pay to see the gig.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:28 PM   #8
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I'm spewing I didn't get Crue tickets. Ah well.

Saw FF when they were over for BDO the other year. Great stuff.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 11:42 PM   #9
GRNKPR

keep all the ticket stubs i go to in my top draw and i just went through a couple and some are ZZTOP,Eurythmics,Bryan Adams,Alanis Morissette,Garbage,Kylie,and one of my favorites was Billy Joel and Elton John they where unbelievable showmen no wonder they are the best in the Bussiness

Old 08-12-2005, 11:46 PM   #10
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Best was Metallica without a doubt.

The other bands I listen to are mostly broken up/dead, so I'm kinda over going to gigs.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 11:56 PM   #11
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Best was Metallica without a doubt.

The other bands I listen to are mostly broken up/dead, so I'm kinda over going to gigs.
:sm_headba Metallica is my favorite have seen them every time they have been down here in oz (i think its 4 times now) i have a huge cataloge of all there stuff rare cds records and demo photos shop displays and all there cds and singles theve bought out .I have been a fan since i first heard a record my mate had at school in 1985 now im showing my age :sm_headba

Old 09-12-2005, 12:09 AM   #12
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

Seen the foos here in perth at rockit last sunday. The weather was but they put on a very good show at the end.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 12:18 AM   #13
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

I wanted to go to the Foo Fighters here in NZ but the tickets sold out bloody quick and I missed out, its a shame cause they rule.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #14
crusher
Dirty ute club member

I went to rockit last sunday and saw them. They put on such a good show. Dave Grohl really gets the crowd into it. Everyone was goin nuts.

Oasis played before them and the place was buzzing. I was right in the middle of the pit and all you could hear was people singing. such an awesome feeling.

wolfmother, spiderbait, gyroscope, also played and barnsey sang with the pictures. sadly i missed him. got there just after.

That day was one of the best days I have ever had. So freaking awesome.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 10:45 PM   #15
rodderz

You going to Green Day next weekend Phil?

Got tickets to the 17th show at Telstra Dome, surprised it's not actually sold out

I took the missus to see John Fogerty the other week, for an old bloke he sure still knows how to get around the stage...i was suprised!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #16
live_1991

mm not sold out hey, might look in to that go green day :P hehe
live_1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #17
FRDMSL
FRDMSL

i saw green day at rod laver in march. anyone who is going on the 17th will not be dissapointed!!
FRDMSL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 09:01 PM   #18
balinor

I saw the Crue at the Superdome.Crap venue, but the best concert (show) I've ever attended.Great to see them playing a few songs from "Too Fast For Love", for all the old bastards like me!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #19
Falcon Freak
Banned

FF = Foo Fighters? :

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 09:44 PM   #20
-jjM-
Banned

i really wanted to see them, all my friends went, but i was left out cause i had no dam money :S
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 10:05 AM   #21
GRNKPR

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
You going to Green Day next weekend Phil?

Got tickets to the 17th show at Telstra Dome, surprised it's not actually sold out

I took the missus to see John Fogerty the other week, for an old bloke he sure still knows how to get around the stage...i was suprised!

i havnt got tickets yet but might have em by wednesday i will make a phone call monday just have to wait as they come at the right price but to the question i will be going might have to actually meet up for a few ales before and after the show : : :

Old 11-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #22
coolkid

i seen foo fighters at the superdome on 2nd dec and yes they were awesome and i didnt mind the kaiser chiefs probably cos i know most of their songs but the crowd didnt get into the chiefs at all wich was a shame
coolkid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post