Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-07-2020, 03:08 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Bronco reveal 13/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Bronco has some very clever engineering throughout its design and being the first next gen T6 means
that there's a good chance for a lot of that cool stuff finding its way onto NG Ranger and Everest.

All will be revealed shortly but, just remember who designed and developed the Bronco,
we should all be very proud of the team on this side of the Pacific, well done everyone.
Actually most of Bronco was done in the US. They had the lead, with some work done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
I don't see a hypothetical RHD F150 Lariat being $70k in Australia when the retail for a Wildtrak is more than that. Wouldn't they price it between Ranger and RAM? There is plenty of room there between the $70k of the Wildtrak and $110k of the RAM Laramie. Not including probably $120-140k for the DT RAM when that comes out here.
Hypothetically they could sell it for 70K based on a Mustang RRP comparison, but i'm sure they would price it at a point to maximize profit and position it away from Ranger. Not happening though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
Isn't the Hummer just an electric GMC Sierra/Chev Silverado? Not a hardcore off roader. I thought it is being made to compete with the F150 EV?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2020, 05:17 PM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Actually most of Bronco was done in the US. They had the lead, with some work done here.
Hmm,
I was lead to believe that this was a T6 home room vehicle
I'd doubt that the Americans have any dea just how extensive the T6 program was..

Last edited by jpd80; 10-07-2020 at 05:40 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2020, 07:25 PM   #33
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Hmm,
I was lead to believe that this was a T6 home room vehicle
I'd doubt that the Americans have any dea just how extensive the T6 program was..
It’s an american icon. So of course they wanted it. Just like the mustang, which would never move outside US control.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:19 PM   #34
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with Naddis01.
The cream in the market is Toyota's sales of Landcruisers.
The F150 would steal more sales from that area than effecting Ranger sales.
Toyota have been taking the p^$$ for years in charging a premium and laughing at the other manufacturers who offer no competition.
The F150 would serve well in rural areas, and offer in many cases, a better proposition to the market and bring market share back to Ford.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #35
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really don't understand why Ford can't setup a local RHD conversion unit, if not factory considering how Rams and Chevy local right hook trucks are doing so well.

Like I said the market is ripe for Toyota and even Nissan to do RHD factory trucks considering the money being paid here for conversions. But perhaps some would still prefer a F series.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2020, 12:10 AM   #36
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Isn't the Hummer just an electric GMC Sierra/Chev Silverado? Not a hardcore off roader. I thought it is being made to compete with the F150 EV?
Not sure to be honest. I hope it has off-road cred, whatever platform it is built on. We will see I guess.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2020, 02:34 PM   #37
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was looking at some youtube video that is meant to reveal a spy shot of the interior of the Bronco.
If it is a legit photo then there is no way it is going to be RHD as the dashboard is not modular in any way like the example of the F150 I posted earlier.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
I was looking at some youtube video that is meant to reveal a spy shot of the interior of the Bronco.
If it is a legit photo then there is no way it is going to be RHD as the dashboard is not modular in any way like the example of the F150 I posted earlier.
Which is what they have already said. Doesn’t mean it couldn’t be redesigned as a mirror image though, if they wanted to.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:53 PM   #39
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

If Ford is seeking to only sell high dollar products, then Bronco and F150 are two examples
of products with great sales potential, all they need to do is say yes and take a shot at it.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-07-2020, 12:28 AM   #40
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Yeah don’t know why the Yanks won’t consider RHD vehicles.The most successful Japanese manufacturers seem to have no problem making the controls on either side and selling to a whole world market.As for the F150 taking more than a tiny share of Landcruiser sales,I would think that highly unlikely considering Toyotas world wide reputation for reliability
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2020, 02:13 AM   #41
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure why so many have decided Ford has ruled it out for RHD. Again, I go back to this document, which hints there is at least some possibility of a RHD F-150 and Bronco, as it indicates IMG market.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EaJmw_fX...jpg&name=large
Old 12-07-2020, 10:07 AM   #42
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

There are plenty of lhd markets in IMG.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2020, 10:10 AM   #43
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
Not sure why so many have decided Ford has ruled it out for RHD. Again, I go back to this document, which hints there is at least some possibility of a RHD F-150 and Bronco, as it indicates IMG market.
If that was true, then don't you think that Ford would have said something at the new F150 launch last week?
IMG covers a lot of left hand drive markets as well as our own, so probably best not to get too excited.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:32 AM   #44
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder, would be possible for Ford to do the RHD conversions itself in the US plants
before export to Australia?

Failing that, what about a knock down kit with completed rolling chassis and empty shell ready for fit out,
That would be least disruptive to F150 and F250 plants while giving us a mini assembly line.The fit out time
would be much less than trying to dismantle and reassemble a fully assembled LHD vehicle.
It takes about 20 hours to fully assembled an F150 on a production line, much less than
the 60-70 hrs to convert a Ram to RHD, there must be a better way to do this.

Last edited by jpd80; 12-07-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:26 PM   #45
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
If that was true, then don't you think that Ford would have said something at the new F150 launch last week?
IMG covers a lot of left hand drive markets as well as our own, so probably best not to get too excited.
I don’t know. I really don’t know. I know that if it was only for North America like previous models, then it would only indicate North America. Perhaps it will get its own announcement? Let’s see if there is any hint of it with the Bronco release.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #46
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
Because they have said it themselves that it won’t be built in rhd. And i’ve only ever seen them with the wheel on the left.

IMG has a lot of lhd markets, so it means nothing if it gets sold to some of them. The middle east would be the prime location for bronco sales. They are lhd and love stuff like this to hit the sand dunes. They already have the f150 raptor.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:25 PM   #47
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks a bit like touched up 67 model F100 with a few more hp.Thought the Arabs might want more than 250KW.too
Old 12-07-2020, 03:21 PM   #48
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Looks a bit like touched up 67 model F100 with a few more hp.Thought the Arabs might want more than 250KW.too
They have lots of money to shove at their vehicles regardless of what the factory delivers.
Old 14-07-2020, 12:36 AM   #49
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a cool Jay Leno/ Ford project! Old Bronco with GT500 engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzQ91ggSqZQ
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 11:07 AM   #50
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's out:

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/202...p=hp-bb-bronco
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 11:15 AM   #51
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Surprised that so many of the press photos are shown with the doors off.

You would be yellow stickered immediately if you tried that with your Ranger down the freeway here in Australia. Even a Jeep Wrangler wouldn't get away with that I think.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 11:28 AM   #52
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bit surprised how small they are.I was expecting something based on the F150, but at 1/2 metre shorter than the Aussie Ranger,they would be quite a bit smaller
Old 14-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #53
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CacIlFaXph0

Official video
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #54
Ben

Really like the look of it but surprised no 5.0 v8.

Twin turbo v6 or 4 cylinder turbo engine options.
Old 14-07-2020, 01:43 PM   #55
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
Surprised that so many of the press photos are shown with the doors off.

You would be yellow stickered immediately if you tried that with your Ranger down the freeway here in Australia. Even a Jeep Wrangler wouldn't get away with that I think.

Cheers,
Not sure the point tbh.
Car fills with enough dust with just the windows down when offroad, let alone with no doors
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 02:31 PM   #56
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Shame they aren’t coming out over here, the Ecoboost TT V6 Sport would have been a nice replacement from our SZ Titanium.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #57
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Sasquatch package LOL.

But from what i've been hearing this thing is going to make the Wrangler look stupid. It will better it off-road, more ground clearance, better exit, departure and ramp over angles, bigger tyres and the crawler gear in the 7 speed manual, or super low first gear in the 10 speed auto, and be vastly superior on road.

Which really isn't that hard, the Wrangler is one of the worst vehicles i've ever driven on the road. Utter garbage, noisey, rough, steering from a truck and it's all over the road. Horrible thing they are.

Already there are over 150 bits and pieces to customize it, with a hell of a lot more coming from the aftermarket.
Old 14-07-2020, 04:07 PM   #58
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Sasquatch package LOL.

But from what i've been hearing this thing is going to make the Wrangler look stupid. It will better it off-road, more ground clearance, better exit, departure and ramp over angles, bigger tyres and the crawler gear in the 7 speed manual, or super low first gear in the 10 speed auto, and be vastly superior on road.

Which really isn't that hard, the Wrangler is one of the worst vehicles i've ever driven on the road. Utter garbage, noisey, rough, steering from a truck and it's all over the road. Horrible thing they are.

Already there are over 150 bits and pieces to customize it, with a hell of a lot more coming from the aftermarket.
True, this will smash Wrangler 👍
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 04:51 PM   #59
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
One thing I like about the Yanks is how they refer to certain specifications as 'Best in class', 'Segment first'.

If I was out shopping that would get my attention and draw me in to the model as a starting point for comparison to the rest.

The names of the colours are a little on the interesting side as well. Area 51

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #60
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sasquatch package LOL.

I wonder if we'll see the sway bar disconnect migrate to Ranger, that is one cool bit of tech,
plus that other thing that locks the inner rear wheel when you're doing tight turns in the bush.