Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #4891
leesa

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
I don't need luck. I'll just wait for the vaccine for something that has a 99% recovery rate pushed by a creeper.
Where do you get the idea that it's a 99% recovery rate? Have you seen the opinions coming from overseas that lots of people with mild symptoms are still showing abnormal findings when tests were run on their heart? Lots of "recovered" people are going to end up with permanent health issues from this and the official scientifically-confirmed data isn't going to come out for a while so anecdotal evidence is all we have, but it's there.

4 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2020, 09:03 PM   #4892
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Not sure if Dan has communicated this yet, but this is the likely schedule:

Given that the current outbreak is totally out of control, then 6-8 weeks level 4 restrictions to hopefully bring C19 under control (August + September)

Then it will level 3 and level 2, with a gradual easing of restrictions (October + November).

Some semblance of normality sometime in December.

Of course, there is a high probability of another stuff-up in which case ... BOHICA !
This user likes this post:
Old 02-08-2020, 09:14 PM   #4893
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Mr Andrews said the changes being announced today were about how Victorians lived their lives, but more changes would be announced on Monday about restrictions on workplaces.

He said there would be three categories of industries — some would continue to operate as normal, some businesses would have reduced output and therefore have fewer hours and staff, while others would close completely.

He said deciding which businesses were reduced was "quite a complex task" given Victoria had the biggest container port in the country.

"There are very detailed supply chains, there is a good deal of complexity to this issue, it is better to take a little bit longer to get it right," he said.

Changes to workplaces will not come into effect until Wednesday at the earliest, so there is "a little bit more time" to consult and try to get the restrictions right, he said.
So come Wednesday, which businesses will be affected do you think?

Apart from the food suppliers / supermarkets, etc, which others will be allowed to stay open? Which will have to be shut down completely?

Driving past Bunning at about 4pm today, the line was massive. Will Bunnings be allowed to stay open?

Last edited by Tickford.; 02-08-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:19 PM   #4894
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well the stage 4 restrictions in NZ bunnings was only open for trade customers or essential workers.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:51 PM   #4895
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
So come Wednesday, which businesses will be affected do you think?

Apart from the food suppliers / supermarkets, etc, which others will be allowed to stay open? Which will have to be shut down completely?

Driving past Bunning at about 4pm today, the line was massive. Will Bunnings be allowed to stay open?
Im guessing anything that's part of supply chain or repair of transport industry will be deemed essential and will be business as usual.

General retail will close and move to online only business model
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 07:32 AM   #4896
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
It appears most community transmission occurs indoors.
So why do they want everyone to wear masks outside in the middle of nowhere ?

6 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 07:41 AM   #4897
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Im guessing anything that's part of supply chain or repair of transport industry will be deemed essential and will be business as usual.

General retail will close and move to online only business model
Yes, regional wise it should be the same as back in March/April.
As long as bakeries are open we will always have cake.

2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 08:29 AM   #4898
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
So why do they want everyone to wear masks outside in the middle of nowhere ?
Yes if I am gardening in someone’s back yard alone no one is at risk.

I understand masks may help a bit in situations where keeping your distance is difficult and we were asked to use masks in those situations.

Numbers are not coming down in Victoria.

Knowing when and where the right time to wear a mask would be so confusing to mandate/police I think the only way to do it is how we are.

I drop my mask when working in a back yard alone no one is going to fine me, commonsense should prevail.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:27 AM   #4899
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously If a mask is the biggest thing you have to worry about at the moment then you just need to suck it up.

2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 09:56 AM   #4900
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
This Covid thing is the perfectly engineered western world f##ker

If this virus was engineered it was engineered by China/Russia and released by North Korea.

Think about it who gets the most to gain out of this if it isn't North Korea and China and Russia and who hates the USA the most, NK. So NK captures it from Chinese labs or manufactures it in NK and releases it in Wuhan, China.

China gets the blame because they're covering it up for their own benefit a year in advance AND to cover up NK's crazyness because they don't want the USA invading NK because its near their border.

As for my observations today, I just went shopping and saw at least 6 people wearing masks in a shopping center with about 50 people in it. You couldn't have said that yesterday so the news about the VIC stage 4 lockdown has turned some heads around to wearing masks when out and about. Good. So people up here in NSW are getting panicky and/or being cautious.

As for me wearing a mask, I did it as a precaution and mine smelt like Lime Tart but thats another story for another day.

I also don't see this virus going away anytime soon, its looking like a sinewave and sinewaves go up and down again. Its probably going to be with us for years to come. At least 3 years minimum if we work super hard to get it under control.

Take care everyone.

La la la la laa ala laa *walks off*

Last edited by gooseneck; 03-08-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #4901
Gas Wagon AUII
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
That's the spirit!
Covid, made round to go round, catch it while you can.
Sooo, entering a Bunnings, whilst wearing PPE, maintaining distancing, behaving hygienically like I've been doing for 20 weeks straight, is a problem ?
I live solo, was made redundant 2 yrs ago, don't have a job, I spent 10 hours applying for Jobseeker - only to be rejected due my income being couple hundred bucks above annual limit, (current Jobseeker's & Jobkeeper's earn thousands more than my meagre self supporting annual income). Even after spending 40 yrs paying taxes, most of it in Melb's once strong manufacturing industry - and yes some of it at Broadmeadows Ford manufacturing - and never being on the teet previously = Zero govt support. The reason I went to Bunnings is to do maintenance on my 90 year old timber house. I'm looking at another minimum of 6 weeks straight at being at home, with no legal reason allowed to be anywhere else. Should I be discouraged from being active around the house ? Are other people in my position finding a lack of support; is our mental health even important ?
All because someone ate a Bat. Then someone else neglected to provide EFFECTIVE quarantine for our island nation.
The BEST part of this six months of home detention, will be that;
I've learned to lower my expectations of governments everywhere -
that way, they find it very difficult to disappoint me ;) yee haah
4 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 10:41 AM   #4902
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s near Messianic, the fervour. Everyone is waiting for the Saviour (vaccine or elimination, depending on your doctrine), and decrying the unbelievers.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 11:36 AM   #4903
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
Think about it who gets the most to gain out of this if it isn't North Korea and China and Russia and who hates the USA the most, NK. So NK captures it from Chinese labs or manufactures it in NK and releases it in Wuhan, China.
haha. I don't think anyone anticipated "the west" to have responded the way they did. If everyone had initially responded like a Taiwan, Japan, South Korea or NZ (appreciate they are a smaller island) then we wouldn't be so stuffed, and we would probably be operating close to normal by now.

Funny, the Russians are spreading a theory that the CIA released it as a biological weapon on China to cripple their economy. They didn't expect the gov to weld people into their own homes to control it. This is the kind of "disinformation" that Payne, Reynolds and Pompeo were meeting to discuss.

On another note, anyone watch Fauci's testimony to the House. He was asked if he thought China was a threat to US vaccine research. "All of the vaccine development was already transparent, Fauci said, so “if they want to hack into a computer and find out what the results of a vaccine trial are,” hackers would find results that would show up in the New England Journal of Medicine anyway."

Yes yes, there is a theory that Fauci is in on this conspiracy as well.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #4904
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Australian Jesus might say "Just stay the f@#k at home c&%ce"

Gas Wagon AUII similar here with applying, holding breath time, so I see it as time to get things done, better future afterward, good luck on the house and hope you can continue to get parts to do it up well.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:19 PM   #4905
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Wagon AUII View Post
Sooo, entering a Bunnings, whilst wearing PPE, maintaining distancing, behaving hygienically like I've been doing for 20 weeks straight, is a problem ?
I live solo, was made redundant 2 yrs ago, don't have a job, I spent 10 hours applying for Jobseeker - only to be rejected due my income being couple hundred bucks above annual limit, (current Jobseeker's & Jobkeeper's earn thousands more than my meagre self supporting annual income). Even after spending 40 yrs paying taxes, most of it in Melb's once strong manufacturing industry - and yes some of it at Broadmeadows Ford manufacturing - and never being on the teet previously = Zero govt support. The reason I went to Bunnings is to do maintenance on my 90 year old timber house. I'm looking at another minimum of 6 weeks straight at being at home, with no legal reason allowed to be anywhere else. Should I be discouraged from being active around the house ? Are other people in my position finding a lack of support; is our mental health even important ?
All because someone ate a Bat. Then someone else neglected to provide EFFECTIVE quarantine for our island nation.
The BEST part of this six months of home detention, will be that;
I've learned to lower my expectations of governments everywhere -
that way, they find it very difficult to disappoint me ;) yee haah
It was just the last line of the post that seemed to be in glaringly stark contrast to the rest of your post which I wholeheartedly agree with.
I've found I can get everything delivered except cigs.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:44 PM   #4906
roKWiz
Cabover nut

workhorse wrote.....Yes if I am gardening in someone’s back yard alone no one is at risk.

I understand masks may help a bit in situations where keeping your distance is difficult and we were asked to use masks in those situations.

Numbers are not coming down in Victoria.

Knowing when and where the right time to wear a mask would be so confusing to mandate/police I think the only way to do it is how we are.

I drop my mask when working in a back yard alone no one is going to fine me, commonsense should prevail..........

Checking out the Vicgov website..... In any strenuous work activity, you are NOT required to wear a mask.

2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 12:47 PM   #4907
Gas Wagon AUII
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
It was just the last line of the post that seemed to be in glaringly stark contrast to the rest of your post which I wholeheartedly agree with.
I've found I can get everything delivered except cigs.

thanks - appreciated.
yeh you're right - it is a stark contrast to the rest - I'm sensible 90% of the time. I did have misgivings about hardware shopping - but having the govt snooker me on seemingly every front lately - I felt the need to get at least something for moi !
Weary of bleating media's tales of whingers who get all manner of handouts - but are still never satisfied. When most countries' populace get zero and just have to wing it.
Think I'll go into media hibernation for a few months;
stay happy & dream big :-)
Old 03-08-2020, 12:49 PM   #4908
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Checking out the Vicgov website..... In any strenuous work activity, you are NOT required to wear a mask.
Yer I'm not going too hard at it these days, just trying to make it to the end of the day without nodding off...
Old 03-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #4909
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Lots of panic around today on the 'professional' front from the corporates.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:03 PM   #4910
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

641 new cases for Australia and 7 deaths sees the CMR drop to 1.161% and active cases rise to 7,295. NSW recorded 12; Queensland, WA and the NT recorded 1; WA recorded 2, with the balance in Victoria. The case numbers for Victoria were the 2nd highest recorded to date.

3 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.406% and active cases rise to 25.

The UK recorded 743 new cases and 8 deaths yesterday so the CMR drops to 15.163%.

Just over 58k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,151 deaths sees CMR down to 3.314% and active cases at 47.1% with the raw numbers still rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 18M with the latest 1M only taking 3 days to add;
Africa passes 20k deaths;

Venezuela (869), Philippines (5,032), Mexico (9,556) and Colombia (11,470) all recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 02:03 PM   #4911
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The graph for today:

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2020, 03:11 PM   #4912
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The graph for today:

What does "global case growth" number mean? Is that saying the rate of infection is slowing down as more people are infected?
Old 03-08-2020, 03:18 PM   #4913
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does the above graph show how may days it is taking to hit the next million?

As in, it now only took 3 days to go from 17M to 18M?
Old 03-08-2020, 03:20 PM   #4914
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
What does "global case growth" number mean? Is that saying the rate of infection is slowing down as more people are infected?
I think that's how many days for the next million infections.

Old 03-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #4915
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
I thought it was just me. Sorry Russel but you'll have to explain that graph a little to us math challenged people.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #4916
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
I thought it was just me. Sorry Russel but you'll have to explain that graph a little to us math challenged people.
A couple of axis titles will sort it, FFS Russ
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 03-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #4917
PhilT2

More on hydroxychloroquine
https://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2020...oir-no-benefit
Old 03-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #4918
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In case you missed it, here is the video of Fauci, Redfield and Giroir testimony to the House on the US CV19 response, on 31 July 2020. All 3.5hrs of it. Covers a wide range of topics, China's initial response, why US growth is topping the world, Hydroxxx, Vaccine hacking, BLM protests etc etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO4ERWZYy9I
Old 03-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #4919
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8
Does the above graph show how may days it is taking to hit the next million?

As in, it now only took 3 days to go from 17M to 18M?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin
The last two are indeed correct. It shows the number of elapsed days between each million new cases. Ideally, after an early peak you'd want to see that number getting larger and not smaller. I shall add axis labels next time.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-08-2020, 04:10 PM   #4920
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

https://twitter.com/DanielAndrewsMP/...612029440?s=19

Padre Andrews announcement.

Some manufacturing to close
Closed Thread