Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2020, 01:07 PM   #4591
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

In Australia, 64% of identified cases are in the under 50 age group with males having 137 cases / 100k and females 102/100k.

That obviously leaves 36 % of cases in the over 50 age group at 152/100k for males and 130/100k for females so in both genders the infection rate is higher in the over 50's age group - or less of the under 50's are getting tested.

153 of the 155 deaths have been in the 50+ age group with the CMR worsening as you get older - it's zero up to 40; 0.11% for 40-49; 0.16% for 50-59; 0.84% for 60-69; 4.47% for 70-79 and 16.97% for the over 80's.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #4592
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Bonanza! 532 new cases in VIC.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/coro...27-p55fnz.html
Old 27-07-2020, 02:20 PM   #4593
HIPO
Al

I see MSM in the US is saying, BLM protests aren't causing any spikes.... funny how anything else peeps go to or do,"does".
Old 27-07-2020, 02:23 PM   #4594
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
That will set another new high for daily cases in Victoria and with the 27 in NSW will also set a record for the country as a whole; eclipsing the previous high of 537 on March 22nd.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 27-07-2020, 04:23 PM   #4595
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Unfortunately flattening this 2nd outbreak will take more time than the first.

The first C19 outbreak was in decline by week 3-4.

We are now into week 5 of the 2nd outbreak with no seen abatement.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-07-2020, 04:37 PM   #4596
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
I see MSM in the US is saying, BLM protests aren't causing any spikes.... funny how anything else peeps go to or do,"does".
This also shows, just how those that are really behind most of the MSM these days, regard the general populations lack of common sense & blind willingness to believe what is in print or on TV etc.
Theres so much real info out there,by smart honest minds, if peeps would just question & or cross reference whats being rammed down their throats by so called experts!
3 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #4597
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
This also shows, just how those that are really behind most of the MSM these days, regard the general populations lack of common sense & blind willingness to believe what is in print or on TV etc.
Theres so much real info out there,by smart honest minds, if peeps would just question & or cross reference whats being rammed down their throats by so called experts!
Critical thinking is shunned in society these days. You get labeled a tin foil hat wearer, a 'Karen' or 'Boomer' if you do not follow the narrative. Just sit in your corner and drink the Koolaid please.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
6 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2020, 04:55 PM   #4598
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
We are now into week 5 of the 2nd outbreak with no seen abatement.
People appear more defiant the second time around.
Old 27-07-2020, 05:08 PM   #4599
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
People appear more stupid the second time around.
Sorry, had to correct that.

Old 27-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #4600
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did everyone miss this?
Very bold to make the statement even though it's just a projection. If he gets it wrong, Labor bashers will have an absolute field day.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 27-07-2020, 05:49 PM   #4601
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Did everyone miss this?
Very bold to make the statement even though it's just a projection. If he gets it wrong, Labor bashers will have an absolute field day.

Honestly we’ve all had enough.

Hopefully this situation will just get better.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2020, 06:21 PM   #4602
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Did everyone miss this?

Maybe you missed the statement from the same guy dated 11th July ?

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...b00b1c423d2908

Most sensible people have unpacked the political BS being fed to them and realise that the 2nd outbreak has someways to go.
Old 27-07-2020, 10:59 PM   #4603
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I am glad it has not gone up exponentially; It is never going to be easy to bring it under control the second time around.

It also highlights some of the underlying issues in our society; taking social responsibility, doing the right thing for common good, different communities approaching these issues from different viewpoints, impact of more casual workforce in some industries etc.

Time will tell; we will get through this. Just considering ourselves in NSW lucky for the time being.

Regards,
George V
Old 28-07-2020, 03:12 AM   #4604
leesa

I'm in qld so not in a hotspot but whenever i meet up with people i have bad dreams that wake me up at night and fill me with a sense of dread. I guess it's a bit of anxiety but gee it sucks.
Anyone else getting this?

Old 28-07-2020, 07:18 AM   #4605
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Avi Yemini talking about masks

https://twitter.com/OzraeliAvi/statu...232481792?s=09

Makes a lot of sense, the person at Bunnings or the police aren't the people you have a crack at, they're just doing their jobs.
Old 28-07-2020, 08:07 AM   #4606
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...119c5939fe384c

And now she "needs" the Police as media swarm her place....................
Old 28-07-2020, 10:27 AM   #4607
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...119c5939fe384c

And now she "needs" the Police as media swarm her place....................
The best part is everyone keeps raising the profile of these people, the media is giving these people a national audience and is helping spread their views.

I'd love the media to rock up at my place, I'd have a bucket of human feces ready to throw over them on national TV to tell them what I think of these cheap propagandists.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #4608
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
The best part is everyone keeps raising the profile of these people, the media is giving these people a national audience and is helping spread their views.

I'd love the media to rock up at my place, I'd have a bucket of human feces ready to throw over them on national TV to tell them what I think of these cheap propagandists.
Is your toilet on the blink Franco?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 28-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #4609
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:

Publicity seeker.

She will have if not already, have her sights on a political career.
Old 28-07-2020, 11:42 AM   #4610
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Is your toilet on the blink Franco?
It gets a workout like a Thailux in the mines
Old 28-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #4611
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
I did a few years ago until I figured out what it was. Gluten

Could be an allergy or could be that you recently had your gall bladder removed? Removing the gall bladder means your no longer producing the enzyme which breaks down gluten in the gut/intestines as a result the gluten removes the lining from your intestine and leaks directly into the bloodstream and then into the brain causing inflammation and really intense nightmares. Throbbing pain, auditory hallucinations, extreme paranoia, severe anxiety, mood swings, etc.

In either case I would start looking at your diet and removing certain ingredients. Start by removing Gluten.
Old 28-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #4612
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
I'm in qld so not in a hotspot but whenever i meet up with people i have bad dreams that wake me up at night and fill me with a sense of dread. I guess it's a bit of anxiety but gee it sucks.
Starts off mild. Will get more and more intense, some days you wake up thinking you are going to die. Stays with you for about a minute. I've been told it's a panic attack. I had it often during a bad period. Haven't had one for a while now. It's a rush but a really terrible rush.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 28-07-2020, 11:57 AM   #4613
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

532 new cases for Australia and 6 deaths sees the CMR rises to 1.078% and active cases rise to 5,603. NSW recorded 17 and the balance were in Victoria but after reclassification it fell 5 cases short of breaking the previous highest daily total.

0 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.414% and active cases remain at 21.

The UK recorded 685 new cases and 7 deaths yesterday so the CMR drops to 15.247%.

Just over 56k new cases in the USA yesterday and 450 deaths sees CMR down to 3.428% and active cases at 48.8% with the raw numbers still rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Brazil completes 16M and Russia 27M tests;

Libya (158), Uzbekistan (678) and Ghana (1,118) all recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 28-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #4614
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
I did a few years ago until I figured out what it was. Gluten

Could be an allergy or could be that you recently had your gall bladder removed? Removing the gall bladder means your no longer producing the enzyme which breaks down gluten in the gut/intestines as a result the gluten removes the lining from your intestine and leaks directly into the bloodstream and then into the brain causing inflammation and really intense nightmares. Throbbing pain, auditory hallucinations, extreme paranoia, severe anxiety, mood swings, etc.

In either case I would start looking at your diet and removing certain ingredients. Start by removing Gluten.
I'm sorry to hear you had that, it sounds terrible but quite a bit more extreme as I'm just getting bad dreams that wake me up through the night and leave me feeling uneasy. Seems to happen after days where I think I've been reckless by meeting up with someone.

Quote:
Starts off mild. Will get more and more intense, some days you wake up thinking you are going to die. Stays with you for about a minute. I've been told it's a panic attack. I had it often during a bad period. Haven't had one for a while now. It's a rush but a really terrible rush.
2020 is probably going to go down as my worst year on record.
All those years that I complained about how much of a ****ty year it was.... I take it back.. they weren't so bad afterall.

3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #4615
.:4:.
Kicking back

Its interesting to me to look at things from a different angle. Yes things have changed and normal is not the old normal, but things have been going on for enough time that to my young bloke, doing the recomended is just normal. He doesnt miss the old times. For him its much a muchness. I mean fair enough a 10 year old never missed the pub etc. And looking at the past 12 months, there has been so many 'extremes' in a short time. So its interesting to me how on one end some adults are fed up with everything and not really doing the situation any favours, and on the other end to some kids doing the recommended is considered normal life.
Old 28-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #4616
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #4617
HIPO
Al

Yep, like i said months ago.......still believe it.... so many bent peeps & big pharma!
2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #4618
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Its interesting to me to look at things from a different angle. Yes things have changed and normal is not the old normal, but things have been going on for enough time that to my young bloke, doing the recomended is just normal. He doesnt miss the old times. For him its much a muchness. I mean fair enough a 10 year old never missed the pub etc. And looking at the past 12 months, there has been so many 'extremes' in a short time. So its interesting to me how on one end some adults are fed up with everything and not really doing the situation any favours, and on the other end to some kids doing the recommended is considered normal life.
I have never seen so many kids around my area enjoying themselves, taking their dogs for a walk, walking and cycling with their parents. Hopefully there are some positives to come out of all this.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 01:27 PM   #4619
Work Horse
Budget Racer

You guys are hilarious
Old 28-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #4620
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post

No surprise they are already being pulled down, I watched these this morning, incredible to think the general population could all potentially take two tablets a week and suppress this virus very efficiently but it’s not even being discussed.
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread