Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-07-2020, 08:28 PM   #4531
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I think I've got the sniffles....

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2020, 08:44 PM   #4532
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...8e30b5c46970fc

OK, this silly bitch might get fined but whats the deal with people telling the police at checkpoints how this is going to go?
She was let through after refusing to give info and, instead, giving the officer a hard time.

Same for the dumbarse heading over to buy motorbike tyres.
Why are they being allowed to move across borders without conforming?

With things getting out of control, surely this needs to end.
The police are looking foolish.

"Oh, I feel soooo goood" - idiot
Show’s how **** weak our police are now. She basically laughed in their faces and they did nothing. Should have been dragged out of the car for ignoring police instructions.
4 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2020, 09:04 PM   #4533
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Show’s how **** weak our police are now. She basically laughed in their faces and they did nothing. Should have been dragged out of the car for ignoring police instructions.
According to Tim Dwyer, it is unconstitutional to set border restrictions. Previous versions even included NZ?! The constitution is written in a language that seems like only legal people can understand it, but he has a video on youtube going through it. I wonder if that is the reason why the cops are ultimately letting people through who challenge? I don't know if declaring a "state of emergency" changes anything around the constitution.

abc.net.au had an article fact checking this claim. They weren't definitive in their conclusion. They only said that the courts have ruled that border restrictions can be applied for special reasons, and protecting people's health is one of them. But that goes to Tim's claim...courts are making these decisions that they have no rights to under the constitution.

I've read it but I can't understand it
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2020, 09:10 PM   #4534
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it illegal under the constitution for a state to close its borders to other Australians?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...orona/12164440

Note the fact check status is "Doubtful".
This user likes this post:
Old 24-07-2020, 09:12 PM   #4535
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I think I've got the sniffles.... image
She's got a second job now.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...b0fe7aa1a11d8c

BA RTV.
Old 24-07-2020, 09:15 PM   #4536
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
my observations are the opposite. There seems to be a focus on US numbers rather than the UK or euro countries.

The UK is over 3 times worse than the US as far as case mortality rate is concerned. Of course this is influenced by the number of positive tests.

The US is a similar size to ALL of europe, by population. Its hardly a fair comparison to compare the US numbers to individual european countries.

Also remember that the case numbers didn't start exploding in the US until after europe were well in to the thick of it which is why Italy and spain etc had a lot of focus a few months ago, and now the US does.
Yes the UK CMR is objectively worse by a lot. I actually had this same convo today it is over 15%!

I think the reason the US cops more flack is because they are the richest nation on earth and could handle any problem especially since Seppos insist on telling us that they are are the best at everything.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 24-07-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Old 24-07-2020, 09:22 PM   #4537
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
I would have arrested her then placed her and anyone else who did the same as her into prison for the rest of their lives purely for endangering other people because she could have it and not know it then spread it to others.

Without internet access and no coffee allowed.

No alternative magazines either. And only virgin rainforest toilet paper.

Then show them on tour to all of the people who have lost loved ones and children to coronavirus.

Its the only way these adult children will learn that their wacko ideas have consequences.

Last edited by gooseneck; 24-07-2020 at 09:29 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2020, 10:01 PM   #4538
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I watched his video too.
Old 24-07-2020, 10:08 PM   #4539
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Remember that police are only allowed to act within the framework of legislation they operate in - you can't go putting her in prison because she's a smart ***.

The guy is only doing his job and this woman goes out of her way to smart *** him, it's low on her behalf but not worthy of the gulag.

We're a democracy remember, while I don't necessarily agree with someone I'm all for their rights to express it.

I like to think of it this way to people who have worked with me - imagine it was me with the power, now you can understand why an open democracy is paramount

Sent from my Nokia 3315 from my 'office'
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2020, 10:14 PM   #4540
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like to think of it this way to people who have worked with me - imagine it was me with the power, now you can understand why an open democracy is paramount [QUOTE]

Franco El Presidente has a nice ring to it.....
Old 24-07-2020, 10:14 PM   #4541
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had to make a last minute run into Melbourne today for a site measure and noticed the roadblock on the westbound side of the freeway (leaving Melbourne). Nothing on the way in.
3 hours later expected to get asked what i was doing but they were waving most people past it.
So what's the bloody point of it then? Not that it matters anyway, any basic bitch can just go straight through anyway apparently
3 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2020, 10:25 PM   #4542
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Remember that police are only allowed to act within the framework of legislation they operate in - you can't go putting her in prison because she's a smart ***.

The guy is only doing his job and this woman goes out of her way to smart *** him, it's low on her behalf but not worthy of the gulag.
Not to mention that they probably now have her rego and she may get a visit in the near future
Old 24-07-2020, 10:59 PM   #4543
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Yes it is worthy of prison, gulag? maybe not, we don't live in Russia. Its putting other people in danger though.

If she wants to express her retarded views then do it some other way besides putting peoples lives at risk.
Old 24-07-2020, 11:04 PM   #4544
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
Yes it is worthy of prison, gulag? maybe not, we don't live in Russia. Its putting other people in danger though.

If she wants to express her retarded views then do it some other way besides putting peoples lives at risk.
There's 6.5M people in Victoria, 5 million of which who live in Melbourne and a couple thousand of them have active COVID19 cases.

What does that work out to be in percentage terms of infected and total population?

Might get struck by lightning, don't go outside bro.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2020, 11:12 PM   #4545
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Might get struck by lightning, don't go outside bro.
Do you play the lottery? Because if you do then your argument is null and void. Remember the outbreak in Sydney being caused by one guy?

She is proudly setting an example online for others who might be infected in addition to throwing caution to the wind and basically punching a police officer in the proverbial face.

Sounds to me like you want the country to be safe for your own larrikan behavior hence the reason why you are defending her.

But I'm telling you its not in good taste if it is meant to be comedy. Its down right bloody stupid.
Old 25-07-2020, 01:47 AM   #4546
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So it looks like the next stimulus is tax cuts, which is **** all.

Massive unemployment and that's the solution.

The RBA has been saying for a long time we need to put in a huge amount in public investment We're ****ed, no real plan for anything
Old 25-07-2020, 05:06 AM   #4547
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see they have changed the target from suppression to zero community transmission.

To me that's elimination and about time.
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...bd42574771cec7
Old 25-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #4548
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It took pretty much the whole nation being on board in NZ, plus a draconian lockdown, basically stay home for a month no mix or mingle at all, if you had to go out for food you kept well away from anyone, even doing that it was dam hard to stamp it out. Your Geni is out the bottle and sprinting down the street you guys will join the world with rising infection. Was our way better who knows, problem we have now is we are stuck on a island, and slowly sinking economically, the Govt hand outs are coming to a end so more and more people are getting laid off (son was laid off last week Covid was used as reason) driving around theres lots of for lease signs in shops. Have not heard one economic plan from Govt to how they are going to drag us out of this, but we (govt) are going to create jobs (planting trees and some road construction). We had industry leaders offering help with advice but fell on deaf ears with aunty Cindy. Good thing is NZ govt is leading by example they said were going to take a 20% pay cut which seems to be a impossible task to implement with a election soon i cant see that back dated. All i can can see is a tough Christmas looming. Sorry for doom and gloom rant but it seems both our Govt's are a bit lost with this.
4 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2020, 09:32 AM   #4549
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
It took pretty much the whole nation being on board in NZ, plus a draconian lockdown, basically stay home for a month no mix or mingle at all, if you had to go out for food you kept well away from anyone, even doing that it was dam hard to stamp it out. Your Geni is out the bottle and sprinting down the street you guys will join the world with rising infection. Was our way better who knows, problem we have now is we are stuck on a island, and slowly sinking economically, the Govt hand outs are coming to a end so more and more people are getting laid off (son was laid off last week Covid was used as reason) driving around theres lots of for lease signs in shops. Have not heard one economic plan from Govt to how they are going to drag us out of this, but we (govt) are going to create jobs (planting trees and some road construction). We had industry leaders offering help with advice but fell on deaf ears with aunty Cindy. Good thing is NZ govt is leading by example they said were going to take a 20% pay cut which seems to be a impossible task to implement with a election soon i cant see that back dated. All i can can see is a tough Christmas looming. Sorry for doom and gloom rant but it seems both our Govt's are a bit lost with this.
I'd say most Governments are lost with this. Trump has buried his head in the sand "It'll be over in 3 weeks" Now that there is an election coming, all of a sudden he has taken an interest in it...............
Just like most politicians............
Old 25-07-2020, 10:10 AM   #4550
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
my observations are the opposite. There seems to be a focus on US numbers rather than the UK or euro countries.

The UK is over 3 times worse than the US as far as case mortality rate is concerned. Of course this is influenced by the number of positive tests.

The US is a similar size to ALL of Europe, by population. Its hardly a fair comparison to compare the US numbers to individual European countries.

Also remember that the case numbers didn't start exploding in the US until after europe were well in to the thick of it which is why Italy and spain etc had a lot of focus a few months ago, and now the US does.
There is a bit of a disparity. Europe has 159M more people than North America but has had considerably less cases (2.7M v 4.8M) and although they are almost level for deaths at ~200k, the US CMR of 4.17% is lower than the 7.33% of Europe.

Where the US numbers look bad is the 841 (compared to 370) cases per 100k of population and more importantly the 35 (v 27) deaths per 100k of population.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #4551
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rocket Lab here in NZ is proof a bit of can do lateral thinking can work, just think outside the box, Aussie and NZ have some clever people in manufacturing, we need to add value here not export raw materials.
Old 25-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #4552
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
I see they have changed the target from suppression to zero community transmission.

To me that's elimination and about time.
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...bd42574771cec7
Sounds like that is saying we want to get to a stage where we only have cases in the quarantined areas?

Re: stage 4 restrictions, I thought Prof Sutton put it extremely well. Covid is a health risk, but unemployment is also a health risk, not being able to make mortgage repayment is a health risk, bankruptcy is a health risk. Worrying some sections of the media are really pushing for a stage 4 in Vic.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 25-07-2020, 10:37 AM   #4553
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Rocket Lab here in NZ is proof a bit of can do lateral thinking can work, just think outside the box, Aussie and NZ have some clever people in manufacturing, we need to add value here not export raw materials.
Bring back local Ford and Holden. Provide 0% loans on new cars for 7 years. BAM. Make me minister for jobs.

Actually thats what they did in Malaysia on their local Proton make. Seemed to keep their heads above water at the time, not sure what the long term impacts will be.

Rides (past and present)

Old 25-07-2020, 10:56 AM   #4554
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
problem we have now is we are stuck on a island, and slowly sinking economically
You're not alone in fact you're probably doing better than Countries where covid is running amok.
You still exporting?
Old 25-07-2020, 11:02 AM   #4555
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

A much lower 293 new cases for Australia but 6 deaths sees the CMR rises to 1.002% and active cases rise to 4,681. NSW recorded 7 and the balance were in Victoria except for 2 in Queensland.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.414% and active cases drop to 21.

The UK recorded 768 new cases and 123 deaths yesterday so the CMR rises to 15.332%.

Just over 69k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,166 deaths sees CMR down to 3.533% and active cases at 49.0% with the raw numbers still rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
The UK completes 14M and the USA 52M tests;
Africa sets a new high for daily cases with 20,765;
Asia sets a new high for daily cases with 76,144;

El Salvador (415), Venezuela (449), Morocco (570), Algeria (675), Mexico (8,438), South Africa (13,944) and India (48,892) all recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #4556
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
You're not alone in fact you're probably doing better than Countries where covid is running amok.
You still exporting?
Yes things are exporting, things like meat dairy and logs are leaving then we probably buy it back after its processed. It's all smoke and mirrors with our economy at the mo, our best import needs to be from Hong Kong its high skill knowledge based people.We need go getting entrepreneurs.
Old 25-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #4557
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

We're a democracy remember, while I don't necessarily agree with someone I'm all for their rights to express it.

I like to think of it this way to people who have worked with me - imagine it was me with the power, now you can understand why an open democracy is paramount

Sent from my Nokia 3315 from my 'office'
They should not have let her ignore their instructions and just drive off laughing though. How about actually doing their jobs and enforcing the rules in place?
3 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2020, 12:51 PM   #4558
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes things are exporting, things like meat dairy and logs are leaving then we probably buy it back after its processed. It's all smoke and mirrors with our economy at the mo, our best import needs to be from Hong Kong its high skill knowledge based people.We need go getting entrepreneurs.
Not a chance with this socialist. But we will up the refugee quota no dramas.
Stand by for a brain/skills drain to Oz once the borders open up and this thing is re elected.

https://www.insider.com/new-zealand-...er-rich-2020-4
5 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2020, 01:27 PM   #4559
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
They should not have let her ignore their instructions and just drive off laughing though. How about actually doing their jobs and enforcing the rules in place?
What could they actually do though? Fine her?

What are their powers?
Old 25-07-2020, 01:52 PM   #4560
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

500 cases active in aged care facilities - good job team the most vulnerable part of our society. Less worrying about some smart *** woman in a silly hat and more worrying about the community this will decimate.
Closed Thread