Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-08-2020, 06:15 AM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: New Ford Australia President & CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
I will never understand Ford's attitude towards the Power-Shart.
It was a questionable concept to begin with, certainly something that she have been treated with a lot of scepticism and caution. When it was proven to not work, they should have dumped the concept then and there. Reprogrammed them all as "Clutchless Manuals", and simply stopped selling automatics whilst they rushed obsolete slushboxes back into production.
I can, to a point, comprehend the corporate mentality of defending the crap they had already sold, but what astonishes me is that they kept on flogging them.
I know the institutional mentality is bringing a replacement into production takes years, but surely there were alternatives? Revert to a previous design, or just buy your trannies from Mazda or Volvo.

And then, when they finally bring the new models to market, instead of trying to recoup lost ground, or even re-establish the reputation by filling the market, they took an attitude of "our cars are too good for you peasants" and tried to market them as a premium product.
Right at the very start, putting a 2.0 engine in front of that dry clutch manual was problematic
and that was revealed during development when engineers couldn't get the slip angle to work.

Yes, Ford's biggest fail with PowerShift was not admitting defeat and moving to the 6F auto earlier,
the Americans also passed on the 2015 update to 1.5 EB/ 6F auto, they kept selling PowerShift
in the focus for another four years when the ROW already had the solution.

But the really disgusting thing for many was how badly Ford treated their affected customers,
that Ford had to be forced by court action to do the right thing was a real low point in basic trust.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-08-2020, 11:46 AM   #32
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Man I can't stand heated seats, feels like you just crapped your dacks with a decent load of the runs after a night of drinking mixed drinks with HFCS riddled soft drinks
I'll take your word for that, luckily I've not been in that situation...I'd superglue the switch to On just to see your daily reaction......me I cannot live without them, like a real quick massage that gets the blood moving.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 05-08-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #33
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
Interesting times at Ford. Jim Farley replacing Jim Hacket as CEO. https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...t-and-ceo.html
Positive move. Hackett was bought in to make the company more efficient, which he has basically completed. Now he is retiring, bring in someone who is more a car guy. Farley spent a lot of years at Toyota and Lexus and was the logical choice for ceo.

Better than someone with no auto experience like Hackett.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2020, 02:23 PM   #34
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
But the really disgusting thing for many was how badly Ford treated their affected customers,
that Ford had to be forced by court action to do the right thing was a real low point in basic trust.
Yep, I just don't understand what they expected to happen.
This wasn't a minor foible that loving owners would learn to overlook & forgive, nor a disappointment that fades over time. The cars became undriveable and only got worse. What did they think was going to happen?
At best owners swallowed huge losses and bailed, completely trashing the brand's rep in the process.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:41 PM   #35
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Right at the very start, putting a 2.0 engine in front of that dry clutch manual was problematic
and that was revealed during development when engineers couldn't get the slip angle to work.

Yes, Ford's biggest fail with PowerShift was not admitting defeat and moving to the 6F auto earlier,
the Americans also passed on the 2015 update to 1.5 EB/ 6F auto, they kept selling PowerShift
in the focus for another four years when the ROW already had the solution.

Classic Ford though

Ford Pinto - cheaper to pay out victims rather than recall vehicles.

Ford Explorer/Firestone Tyres - damaged a 100 year old business replacement.

Ford Focus Powercrapola - damaged relationship with customers.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2020, 05:03 PM   #36
Oldbugger

They may as well continue the cleanout and get rid of the CFO as well. He is as useless as she was.

Pass Ride: FG GT White
Oldbugger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2020, 10:02 PM   #37
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post

And then, when they finally bring the new models to market, instead of trying to recoup lost ground, or even re-establish the reputation by filling the market, they took an attitude of "our cars are too good for you peasants" and tried to market them as a premium product.
This. .. is a perfect way of describing the current issues with focus lack of sales and ford's general perception now as far as most consumers see them, unless you want a ranger or mustang..

The only new fords i see in my work carpark now are a couple of new rangers and 1 new mustang..

New president will have to do alot of work in the space of rebuilding customer trust in their products.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post