Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 16-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
3vXT

Default My avatar and pictures MIA...again.

...and once again, another picture i've posted vanishes. If some oversensitive (IMO) mod has a problem with my sense of humor, could they please take some of their own advice and PM me? Its pretty weak that someone can ninja edit my posts/avatar without even a polite explanation.
The one time i did have something to post up that could have been slightly offensive, i posted a thread in here first, asking if it was ok. The answer was no, so i left it alone.
Now my avatar is gone, and a picture with the word 'gay' in it was deleted from a thread that was started with a joke using homosexuality as a punch line. Is it ok to post a joke like that but not a picture with the word 'gay' in it?

WTF!!!

Am i allowed to post WTF? is someone going to work out what the 'F' means and have a sook about that too?

An explanation would be nice, if its not too much trouble, or you could just use your super powers to lock this up.

EDIT: and if i'm wrong, if its some technical problem then i'll apologize.

3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Ken, I do not know about you're pictures as i have not seen them personally.
But something to keep in mind :
With a near on 40,000 members we regularly receive complaints about different issues from a varied cross section of people.

What one person deems funny another finds offensive, it is not always the choice of the Admin/Mod who removes said item to do so, but acting on a complaint and trying to keep the peace within the community as a whole.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
3vXT

Ok, I understand that bit, its not always up to the moderator.

I get that some people are a little more sensitive than others but is there absolutely no discussion about it? I've been using my postage stamp sized avatar pic every december/january on every forum i go on, for 2 or 3 years and now its gone because someone can't handle a tiny picture of a drunk man with no shirt and a santa hat ???

For that matter, I don't think a picture of a bodybuilder with the word gay in it is too bad if used in context but i realize some people do. Is it that hard for the mod that gets a complaint and deletes the pic (if thats what happened) to pm me or something?

If i complained to another moderator that your avatar was offensive to me, would they delete it without question? I certainly don't think its offensive but if another mod got a complaint about it what would happen?
Old 16-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Are you talking about this pic ?

http://fordforums.com.au/showpost.ph...30&postcount=4

As it is still visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Ok, I understand that bit, its not always up to the moderator.

If i complained to another moderator that your avatar was offensive to me, would they delete it without question? I certainly don't think its offensive but if another mod got a complaint about it what would happen?
Nothing would happen as we use discretion, that said we are only human and answer to the Admin.

Admin are NOT human however, so their word is Law I'm afraid.
Old 16-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Are you talking about this pic ?
Yeah thats the one, Its not showing up for me. Sorry about that, i feel like a bit of an idiot now
Is my avatar showing up as well?
Old 16-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
plext
Forum Director

I think it could be the host, I cannot get to the image even if entered directly into a browser.

**This admin is an automated system and will not respond to further queries**
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plext
I think it could be the host, I cannot get to the image even if entered directly into a browser.

**This admin is an automated system and will not respond to further queries**

Thanks for the reply Boss, BTW you're "Laser" is looking shiny today.........
Old 16-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Yeah thats the one, Its not showing up for me. Sorry about that, i feel like a bit of an idiot now
Is my avatar showing up as well?

I checked you're avatar settings, all i see is : http://www.

So as Plext said, it may be a problem with you're picture host.
Old 17-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #9
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try saving the image you want as your avatar to your computer and put in through that, so if th website you linked it from has problems it won't get rid of your avatar
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #10
3vXT

Sorry guys, i got a bit fired up yesterday, must have been the heat
I don't always agree with the mods but when i'm wrong i'm wrong so i officially apologize for being a jerk.
Old 17-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #11
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Hmmm

We are not all aliens
Attached Images
File Type: jpg head-up-****.jpg (19.7 KB, 47 views)
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post