Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 03-12-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Default Nightmare at NUMURKAH

It was like a B grade horror flick at the "Show us your wheels" show. Day was perfect, weather fine, awesome display, took out best club display and missed out on best club attendance by one. We had packed up in record time. Waiting to do team photo, when it all started.

I heard shouting, turned to my right, towards the commotion. All I could see was the Shannons Insurance marque flying through the air. It was bouncing off the top of Marty's picture perfect Turbo and half way to hitting mine. I ran, but could not make the distance. The tip of the marque hit my roof fair and square. I managed to grab it, but too late. Finally the culprits from Shannons came to retrieve their marque. There was anger in the air. I heard a curse and swearing from all round. I walked to my car, dents and scratches all over roof. Four other cars all damaged, doors, sunroofs, dents, scratches. These cars were buffed to showroom condition and now stood damaged and violated by an incident, brought on through stupidity.

What was a great day suddenly turned sour. It was a bloody long drive back to Melbourne. Forgotten were the highlights............ only took one goat

"Show us your dents"

Old 03-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn that sucks.
Are they going to be paying to fix it?
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous
Damn that sucks.
Are they going to be paying to fix it?
you'd wanna bloody well hope so....
thats not good at all guys.......sorry to hear it :
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 08:50 PM   #4
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I must say, the two reps from Shannons, were devastated. They did well, there was some real anger in the air. I was more in shock. Seemed like a slow motion replay. Still cursing. I am not sure who will pay. I got right on the phone to my insurance company who informed me I will be paying excess, until they get money from either Shannons Insurance or event Insurance.

I must also thank the female who brought us over some moose's, after the tragedy. Was a kind and thoughtful act.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

My anger was on 2 levels, firstly that they had declined to insure me for a petty thing like no lock up garage. Even though I have a carport and lockup gates. Then they damage my car. But yes was a horror end to a wonderful day... Here are the lowlights.

The highlights will be in another thread.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #6
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have attended a swap meet previously where Shannons had their marquee set up, on that day it was quite windy as their brochures were flying everywhere and there was a real threat of it lifting and flying away.
They should have realised the impending danger and either secured it or packed it away.
It should be law that these portable shade structures/marquees have to have some type of anchoring device in place, like you have to with beach umbrellas.
Totally irresponsible, hope it all works out for you guys.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You poor thing. That really would put a dampener on what sounded like a great day. It was shattering to read and makes me think about all the shows i have been to and how it could quite easily happen. I hope that everything sorts itself out in regards to repairs and you arent without your car for too long. I know it would be hard but look back at the photos of what a great day you had before the "incident".
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #8
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

This was devistating to say the least, we had a great day, my 1st with the club then this. Yes there were some very angry people BUT we were also calm and professional about the whole experience.

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear this awful ending to what sounds like an otherwise awesome day.
Hope Shannons does the right thing and doesn't take to long in fixing what is 'their' mistake.
Good luck guys.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #10
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I am very happy to say Shannons Insurance have just phoned me and stated they are going to look after those people whose cars were damaged. They just have to work out how they will do it. For this I give them huge credit! I received the call from one of the reps who was present today. I thank him for his call, his understanding and most of all his sincerity. :
Old 03-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #11
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
I am very happy to say Shannons Insurance have just phoned me and stated they are going to look after those people whose cars were damaged. They just have to work out how they will do it. For this I give them huge credit! I received the call from one of the reps who was present today. I thank him for his call, his understanding and most of all his sincerity. :
Thats awesome news Jason, I hope that it all goes smoothly from here!

Cheers
Kristy.

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike

Last edited by Redrum; 04-12-2006 at 02:25 PM. Reason: HOON69 details removed
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #12
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Thumbs down

What a nightmare ending to an otherwise great day.

If Shannon's have any self respect, they should be writing you a cheque for the repairs (at your preffered repairer) END OF STORY. Their claim is we are the "Motoring Enthusiasts Insurer", lets see them display that enthusiasm.

If you get any grief from them, go to the top:
Andrew Gibson - GM Shannons Insurnace.
Negative press can be very damaging, they should be working to a quick and painless resolution, if not they are literally biting the hand that feeds them and shouldn't bother showing their goods at club and other meets.

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #13
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Poor Shannons have had a bit of a bad time of late. I should hope they would fix the damage, after all that IS their business isn't it. I'm sure they would have many contacts to help minimise the cost to them and then write it off as a business expense as well. Actually, are they really all that welcome at car shows?
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #14
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Thats a bloody shocker Guys, sorry to hear what sounds like a great day to start with, turned out like that. I guess the only saving grace is that Shannons are going to come to the party for you. Good luck with the repairs, hope it works out for the best.

Cheers

Jeff
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #15
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

well the day started out ok anyway

Old 03-12-2006, 11:21 PM   #16
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

grrr
Old 03-12-2006, 11:25 PM   #17
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Maybe Numurkah Smash Repairs can sponsor next years Best Club Display or Shannons Insurance : :
Old 03-12-2006, 11:25 PM   #18
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

To all the kind words, thanks. This is going to be a little inconvenient to say the least. These vehicles are mint, and shown regularly. The repairs and follow up care should reflect this. It is fantastic of Shannon's to have come back to us so soon with an assurance of repair. An unfortunate incident, but it seems with happy ending.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #19
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Maybe Numurkah Smash Repairs can sponsor next years Best Club Display or Shannons Insurance : :
Ahh the humour... :
Old 03-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #20
b2tf
not here much anymore

Guys thats a nightmare, sorry to see it even from here!

Glad to hear Shannons are coming to the party though, in all my dealings with them they have been only too happy to help and in this instance you'd expect them to be the same.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:32 PM   #21
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Mate those pics are making me feel sick litterally.

Jas your roof worries me the most as it has damaged the crease l hope they fix all the damaged cars before Christmas or we may see some damaged vehicles on display at the All Ford Days coming up especially FPV family Day.
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 11:35 PM   #22
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Mate those pics are making me feel sick litterally.

Jas your roof worries me the most as it has damaged the crease l hope they fix all the damaged cars before Christmas or we may see some damaged vehicles on display at the All Ford Days coming up especially FPV family Day.
Marty and Tony think I am up for a new roof. I am taking day off work tomorrow to sort everything out. I hope to have the car booked in and finished before the Christmas function at Brimbank Park 17/12/06. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:36 PM   #23
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
l hope they fix all the damaged cars before Christmas or we may see some damaged vehicles on display at the All Ford Days coming up especially FPV family Day.
Yeah Chris, my worry too. I mentioned to the Shannon's guys that Geelong was approaching fast, and that action needs to be taken promptly. I fear that the holiday season will delay the repairs though.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #24
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Marty and Tony think I am up for a new roof. I am taking day off work tomorrow to sort everything out. I hope to have the car booked in and finished before the Christmas function at Brimbank Park 17/12/06. Fingers crossed.

Yeah thats what l was just saying to Catherine, that you might be in for a new roof but make no mistake they will try and fix it before putting a new one on.

l am glad now that l couldn't have gone up as if that was my car damaged like yours Jas l would be in the lock up.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:12 AM   #25
ORSMEB
Steve

I'm just speechless. And angry. But relieved that Shannon's is man enough to pay up for their damage. Hope you guys can get all the damage fixed up before Geelong.
Also, I'm shattered that I couldn't be there, but now am glad I didn't...
Old 04-12-2006, 08:15 AM   #26
aumexican

Showed Elle the photos of the cars and her thoughts go out to everyone.
I know I would have been devastated as I cannot afford time for repairs before I go.

Thanks to the quick thinking of all the guys in grabbing the marquee before it did any more damage to the cars, members and other people as there was real potential for serious injuries or worse as that thing was going like a rocket.

Just of interest Churchie your name came up, we missed out on the award for most cars displayed by one, Hmmm who could that be? :
aumexican is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #27
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I have some more good news. Confirmed that Shannons Insurance is looking after everyone involved. The good manner in which they have conducted themselves is awesome. I am , for piece of mind, going through my Insurer, RACV. They have been most helpful and I already have my car booked in Wednesday to be fixed. Also they should be able to fix current roof!!

Happy days, HIGH 5 : : :
Old 04-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #28
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Similar news this end. Shannon's have been most humble, and helpful. I have had numerous calls today from various Shannon's staff, one very high up. My car will be assessed tomorrow, and repaired ASAP thereafter. Will be ready for Geelong. Thank you Shannon's for your immediate response and professionalism.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:41 PM   #29
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Sounds good guys maybe you might get a discount on your premium if you go with Shannons lnsurance now......Just a thought....
Old 04-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #30
ORSMEB
Steve

Nice one guys. Great news. Dave, Theo wasn't there either...so it's not just my fault! There's always next year!