Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 21-05-2005, 02:05 AM   #31
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Chris is it a standard or aftermarket clutch?
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 02:19 AM   #32
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I'll answer for you Mark, yes very close. All the cars were off tonight, 60's were down but OFR race on any track any time.

Chris ripped out two ORSM 13.40's with two NOT SO ORSM 2.2 60ft times on street tyres.

So its a matter of time now, only 3 runs, impressed with the way Chris is getting a handle on the new clutch.

Off to bed guys have a gnarly weekend!!
How'd you go mate.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 03:08 AM   #33
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1XLS
Hey Simon have you spoken to Chris????????
Yer mate he rang me from the track after one of his guys ran a 13.2 @108 with a turbo tune i emailed him yesturday to try : Bettering its 13.5 @106 i think is what it had done prior. I Was very happy.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 07:33 AM   #34
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Chris is it a standard or aftermarket clutch?
I think its a Mal wood stage II like mine Mark

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 09:35 AM   #35
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
I think its a Mal wood stage II like mine Mark

Brad

Correct a mundo Bradman!

a very different animal (as Chris found out)

I had a simillar evening, with Nitto drag radials NT555, turning them into smoke, 2.16 was my best 60, and had an ET of 13.65 @ 104, so I figure dropping the 60 to a 2.05 (about the usual for this car) a 55 would have been my PB.

All the cars were on a mission last night, i cant believe this turbo tune simon sent me, what a joke 10lbs boost, diffilipo exhaust 13.24 skating all over the place.

Traction would be nice, but we had fun anyways. to be within 7 hundreths of our PB's and a tenth slower in the 60, means a good night, traction or no traction.

Simon, cant believe that tune mate, when leo learns how to drive it, who knows.......
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 09:39 AM   #36
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Mark ??? Riding kevs back now your time got beat last week?

Simon

Just explain how this adds to the thread please?

Last edited by Laminge; 21-05-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 09:43 AM   #37
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Sounds like it was a great night last night.

Time to get traction Chris and really show us what these T's will do as daily drivers

There where some people saying that there where some high HP T's going to the track last night, where there any that you saw?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 10:11 AM   #38
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking Drags

Orsm!, stop playing with those street tyres!!!! You need the sticky ones, put us all out of our misery get them. Your car's good for very low 13's, it won't get there on those street tyres, Toyos or Nittos!!!!
Old 21-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #39
rodderz

Well done to the guys who got good times....jeez i miss heading out to calder for some fun with such cool nights around! Tis not fair!

Kev and Rod's times been around for a long time now and still sitting pretty!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 11:34 AM   #40
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I'll answer for you Mark, yes very close. All the cars were off tonight, 60's were down but OFR race on any track any time.

Chris ripped out two ORSM 13.40's with two NOT SO ORSM 2.2 60ft times on street tyres.

So its a matter of time now, only 3 runs, impressed with the way Chris is getting a handle on the new clutch.

Off to bed guys have a gnarly weekend!!
Better luck next time Chris at least u guys were running high 13's all night.See you guys at Heathcotte. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 11:35 AM   #41
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking Drags

Chris,
In addition to using a sticky set of tyres you may want to try the inlet pipe from the passenger side headlight area to the throttlebody trick. Apparently this works the best for Boss V8's. Keep up the good work everyone, damn fine efforts all round.
Old 21-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #42
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Chris,
In addition to using a sticky set of tyres you may want to try the inlet pipe from the passenger side headlight area to the throttlebody trick. Apparently this works the best for Boss V8's. Keep up the good work everyone, damn fine efforts all round.
Maybe that's the only way we are going to catch Rod. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 21-05-2005, 11:52 AM   #43
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Orsm!, stop playing with those street tyres!!!! You need the sticky ones, put us all out of our misery get them. Your car's good for very low 13's, it won't get there on those street tyres, Toyos or Nittos!!!!
Phantom u are spot on i find it amusing how some state that there tune or product makes there cars go faster.Our Boss motors can only be tuned to how much fuel and air the whole package can produce.The only reason why some here are running great ET's is there tyre selection is better.Making power,yeah well i can tell on a few cars the mph is not far off from every-one elses but the 60 foot times are were the big differences are. sleep:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 21-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #44
AdzT3-146
own the road

hey guys i went to calder last night but i had to leave early, does anyone know what the grey EF Fairmont ran, just out of curiosity. thanks guys.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 12:31 PM   #45
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Phantom u are spot on i find it amusing how some state that there tune or product makes there cars go faster.Our Boss motors can only be tuned to how much fuel and air the whole package can produce.The only reason why some here are running great ET's is there tyre selection is better.Making power,yeah well i can tell on a few cars the mph is not far off from every-one elses but the 60 foot times are were the big differences are. sleep:
Yeh, there are a lot of variables to consider. Prep of the track, heat you have in your tyres, gear changes, atmo conditions. I can speak from experience though, a new set of Toyo RA1's are about 1500rpm better than a new set of Dunlops SP9000's off the line. That has to mean something, a tenth or two off the 60' which could relate to atleast 5 tenths off the E.T. We're all looking for tenths and hundredths here, it's microscopic stuff. I don't think mine could have gone under a 13.4 without the Toyo's. The big thing(my car) took off like a WRX from the line for it's best E.T, no squeal or bogging down, the clutch must have to give a little, no slip though. The Dunlops would never have let that happen.
Old 21-05-2005, 12:32 PM   #46
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Maybe that's the only way we are going to catch Rod. :

And Kev! :nutsycuck
Old 21-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #47
bOOsted7
10.26@136mph

There were way too many oil downs last night. I was spweing to only get 3 passes. I had the best traction I have ever had off the line cutting my best 60' footers (1.53) but it was frying 3rd gear under power and getting very out of shape. It was disappointing to be 1.3 seconds off my PB and down 13 mph when I have put more power in the car. Oh well, I'll sort it all out and see you all out there again.

Does anyone know the guy in the APS XR6? I saw it in the pits when I was loading my car and it wasn't sounding healthy. Blowing heaps of smoke when he was trying to start it. Then I saw the tow truck coming to collect it.
bOOsted7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #48
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef_classic
hey guys i went to calder last night but i had to leave early, does anyone know what the grey EF Fairmont ran, just out of curiosity. thanks guys.
13.25 around there
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #49
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1XLS
13.25 around there
gee thats a pretty impressive time. thanks for that.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #50
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

I know it's not ford. but as of last night at calder, my mates from APS in frankston now have the right to claim the fastest unopen LS1 in oz running their red ute to 11.8 with a 60ft of 1.6 on slicks
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #51
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Hi Ratter, that’s a nice achievement, is it a Manual?
APS in Frankston what does this stand for?
There is some confusion with our site sponsor being APS, Air Power Systems.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 11:08 PM   #52
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Yes it's a manual

They are Automotive performance services, but have been trading as APS for about 10 years as far as I know

They also ran a 11.5@118 in their head and cam VZ but have not finished tuning this one due to the throttle body being to small and are still in the midst of converting a 90 mm throttle body to work with the fly by wire VZ electronics
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post