Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
Fi.ES.TA

Default Converting to HID'S

So has anyone done the conversion as im thinking of throwing some in mine,found these on the bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-XENON-CONV...item439fac18ec seem good enough and at a great price.

Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm happy with my Blue Visions right now, they look good enough and they were already too complicated hahaha, I think I'd have a mental breakdown if i attempted fitting HIDs! They do look good though, a few nice videos of them on YouTube too.
Old 14-06-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
REDDYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi.ES.TA
So has anyone done the conversion as im thinking of throwing some in mine,found these on the bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-XENON-CONV...item439fac18ec seem good enough and at a great price.
I have fitted HIDs on my car and I advise not to buy cheap aftermarket HIDs. You buy HID kits once and they last lifetime of your car including globes. So, its one time investment. With HIDs they work on less wattage either 35 or 55 watts depends on what you buy and they give more light than normal globes. You will be surprised with the amount of light you get. It will be like day light. With new cars, you MUST buy CANBUS digital kits. My advise would be to buy genuine PHILIPS CANBUS digital HID kit with 6000k globes. Fitting cheap aftermarket HIDs will result in serious electrical problems in car and most of the times ECU will be damaged. Philips makes HID kits for Honda, BMW, Lexus and they are the best HIDs available in the market at the moment. Just make sure you buy genuine kit as there are lot of fake ones and patent ones. Colour temperature is very important too. 6000K is standard and best. It is diamond white (pure white with light blue touch in it, from distance its looks like kind of blue). You will find these on BMW M3s, Honda Accord Euros, Lexus SUVs and on some of new Subaru WRXs fitted from factory. Colour ranges start from 4000k and go upto 13000k. Anything over 6000k will result in blue, purple, etc. They look good from outside but as a driver the visibility will be very low. They are very easy to install and saves you lot of money and no more hastles of changing globes. Aiming is very important. If you dont know how to aim get it done when you book your car for sevice. Otherwise your lights will look stronger than high beams to other drivers. IF YOU HAVE A CAR BUILT AFTER 2005, MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE CANBUS HID KITS. If you need any further information, feel free to ask. cheers
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2010, 02:21 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga_hoops
I have fitted HIDs on my car and I advise not to buy cheap aftermarket HIDs. You buy HID kits once and they last lifetime of your car including globes. So, its one time investment. With HIDs they work on less wattage either 35 or 55 watts depends on what you buy and they give more light than normal globes. You will be surprised with the amount of light you get. It will be like day light. With new cars, you MUST buy CANBUS digital kits. My advise would be to buy genuine PHILIPS CANBUS digital HID kit with 6000k globes. Fitting cheap aftermarket HIDs will result in serious electrical problems in car and most of the times ECU will be damaged. Philips makes HID kits for Honda, BMW, Lexus and they are the best HIDs available in the market at the moment. Just make sure you buy genuine kit as there are lot of fake ones and patent ones. Colour temperature is very important too. 6000K is standard and best. It is diamond white (pure white with light blue touch in it, from distance its looks like kind of blue). You will find these on BMW M3s, Honda Accord Euros, Lexus SUVs and on some of new Subaru WRXs fitted from factory. Colour ranges start from 4000k and go upto 13000k. Anything over 6000k will result in blue, purple, etc. They look good from outside but as a driver the visibility will be very low. They are very easy to install and saves you lot of money and no more hastles of changing globes. Aiming is very important. If you dont know how to aim get it done when you book your car for sevice. Otherwise your lights will look stronger than high beams to other drivers. IF YOU HAVE A CAR BUILT AFTER 2005, MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE CANBUS HID KITS. If you need any further information, feel free to ask. cheers
Some good advice there. I'll just add that you would be better off NOT doing your low beams, as they are not legal. HID High beams are legal, so just doing them gives the benefit you want (more/better light), without running into safety/legality issues. I have HID H7s 6000k 35W set (non CANBUS) in my 2005 Territory and they light up the road almost like daylight.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #5
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the advice yoga hoops and JC!!!!!
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
REDDYZ

True I agree with JC. They are illegal on low beams however, if the car has xenon headlights instead of standard big old reflective headlights HIDs suit and work the way they are suppose to if they are aimed properly. Still illegal but doesn't bother anyone unless you choose wiered colours like blue, purple. I guess new Fiestas comes with those headlights fitted. I don't know why ford don't want to use them on falcons/territories. I wish they do that by the time I buy my XR8.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post