Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
magnum80
Starter Motor

Default Wheel upgrade on the WS Fiesta

Hey gang,
Im looking at upgrading my stock Zetec rims to a set of 17s still deciding on factory or aftermarket (ie Mountune) just wondering if anything needs to be done for that, I know Ford Australia say you need a steering rack limitier when upgrading to 17s, has anyone done this to their's? and if so how does it impact the ride which is already on the firm side?
any suggestions on rims would be welcomed too, cheers

Old 12-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very limited selection of wheels available in 4x108 PCD in Australia

These guys in the UK ship all over the world including to Australia, prices work out pretty good too, even taking freight into account, heaps of wheels to choose from.

When I made an enquiry the delivery was 10 - 14 working days delivered to your door.

http://www.alloywheels.com/search.as...sta%20Mk%206-7
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
Fi.ES.TA

No steering rack limiter on mine and i upgraded to 17's and drives like a dream.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #4
Liri

These are a few that are available in Aus now:
Advanti Demon
http://www.thewheeldeal.com.au/produ...roducts_id=972

Konig Toxxin
http://www.japanesesportcars.com/galleries/img3701.htm

Advanti Bliss
http://www.thewheeldeal.com.au/produ...roducts_id=951

OZ Superturismo (farking expensive)
http://www.thewheeldeal.com.au/produ...oducts_id=1493

I bought a set of the Advanti Bliss for just over $1200 and I'm pretty stoked at how they look and I was pretty surprised that out of all the places I looked I got my wheels at my local JAX store.

As for the rack limiter, haven't done mine and it doesn't look like I'll need to.

Hope this helps
Liri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #5
StormyKnight
'09 Vision 5 Dr Man Zetec

The steering rack limiter is to stop the tyre hitting the body on full lock. It does this by stopping the steering before the normal full lock position. The 17inch tyres are slightly bigger/wider/squarer than the 16's.

Two things of note,

1. It may not be needed if you are a sedate driver. The tyres may only have a chance of contact if you have the wheel on full lock & hit a bump or driveway at a bit of speed causing the suspension to compress - this may bring the tyre closer to the body in these circumstances.

2. Ford wouldn't have the part listed as required for 17inch rims if it wasn't needed.....

Cheers
Old 13-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #6
magnum80
Starter Motor

cool thanks a lot for all the info, will let you know what I end up going for, at this stage the black mountune rims with the yellow lip do look cool...
Old 13-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

just if you were interested. might want to check what offset they are though. :]

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Lenso-Wheels-...QQcmdZViewItem

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows

Last edited by chinw3e; 13-01-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: forgot to add link
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I like those Konig Toxins, how much do they go for roughly?

Also do they come in 15/16"?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

On my WP I had a wheel+tyre combination that used to rub on the rear wheel liners and then I got Koni springs + Koni shocks and at NO time did I have ANY issues with the front wheels. On the back on the other hand I had to completely remove the wheel liners as they rubbed 100% of the time
Old 14-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liri
These are a few that are available in Aus now:
Advanti Demon
http://www.thewheeldeal.com.au/produ...roducts_id=972

Konig Toxxin
http://www.japanesesportcars.com/galleries/img3701.htm

Advanti Bliss
http://www.thewheeldeal.com.au/produ...roducts_id=951

OZ Superturismo (farking expensive)
http://www.thewheeldeal.com.au/produ...oducts_id=1493

I bought a set of the Advanti Bliss for just over $1200 and I'm pretty stoked at how they look and I was pretty surprised that out of all the places I looked I got my wheels at my local JAX store.

As for the rack limiter, haven't done mine and it doesn't look like I'll need to.

Hope this helps

I'm after that advanti Bliss! Does that come in two different colours or just in black as advertised on the site?
Old 05-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #11
trento
Audiophile

Has anyone fitted 17x7.5 wheels???

I was thinking of fitting these Lavinhards from ozzytyres as they can custom drill the PCD

http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/Content_...-812-Black.seo

I've been in contact with both of the local dealers and they haven't even heard of the S.R limiter.
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #12
The Wheel Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClarke
I'm after that advanti Bliss! Does that come in two different colours or just in black as advertised on the site?
The Bliss is only available in the Gloss Black / Machined Face / Red Stripe style. There are no other colour options.
The Wheel Deal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #13
trento
Audiophile

Wheel Deal, have you heard of anyone fitting 7.5" or 8" wide wheels to a Mk7 fez? Also is it possible to fit 18"s???

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
Old 23-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #14
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheel Deal
The Bliss is only available in the Gloss Black / Machined Face / Red Stripe style. There are no other colour options.
Looks good - since you're the site sponsor, and do you know the cost of these?
Old 17-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #15
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

Selling any of your rims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum80
Hey gang,
Im looking at upgrading my stock Zetec rims to a set of 17s still deciding on factory or aftermarket (ie Mountune) just wondering if anything needs to be done for that, I know Ford Australia say you need a steering rack limitier when upgrading to 17s, has anyone done this to their's? and if so how does it impact the ride which is already on the firm side?
any suggestions on rims would be welcomed too, cheers

No mods yet.
Samtheband is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #16
trento
Audiophile

Hey check out f1 wheel and tyre warehouse on the GC, plenty of wheels available as they have to PCD and offset machined to fit... had a slight issue with the offset on mine but it was all fixed up at no cost to me. also i have 205/40/17 NEXEN N6000, great tyre, equal if not better then the conti contacts2's and I have had no issues with rubbing.

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
Old 17-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #17
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyKnight
The steering rack limiter is to stop the tyre hitting the body on full lock. It does this by stopping the steering before the normal full lock position. The 17inch tyres are slightly bigger/wider/squarer than the 16's.

Two things of note,

1. It may not be needed if you are a sedate driver. The tyres may only have a chance of contact if you have the wheel on full lock & hit a bump or driveway at a bit of speed causing the suspension to compress - this may bring the tyre closer to the body in these circumstances.

2. Ford wouldn't have the part listed as required for 17inch rims if it wasn't needed.....

Cheers
My ford dealer had no idea the steering rack limiter even existed and could not find a part number for it, also there are 5 or so of us that have 17's now without the limiter and I am not a sedate driver, never had one scrub, rub or bottom out.

Old 17-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #18
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento
My ford dealer had no idea the steering rack limiter even existed and could not find a part number for it, also there are 5 or so of us that have 17's now without the limiter and I am not a sedate driver, never had one scrub, rub or bottom out.
I can back that up.

I have the official Ford Fiesta 17" alloys. No rubbing. I asked two dealers for the steering rack limiter, they didn't know what I was on about. Gave them both the part number from the Ford website, it didn't come up. I have an email from the local Ford dealer saying there is no part under that number and the car doesn't need one.

Plenty of guys and girls in the UK also don't have them. I'm not saying it's not needed, but the reputable tyre dealer who fitted my wheels said the wheel is very secure and won't rub. I asked if this was necessary to have the limiter on my car, and looked for myself under the car hoist. Has plenty of clearance at full lock.

To date, not one rub. I have removed the rims and all. Perfect. Even when going down a huge dip with wheels at full lock, no issues.
Old 23-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #19
magnum80
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtheband
Selling any of your rims?

Hey Sam, when I hook up some new rims I'll let you know if I'll get rid of the old ones