Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-05-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
niko
likes falcon's

Default p plater restrictions...........

whyyyy do they want to make it even worse, for us young drivers. with 1 passanger restrictions...

especially coz a drunk clown in MOE of all places, goes sideways and kills some people.
Old 24-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #2
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

I don't think it will come in, one passenger is just as bad as 4. Plus government has some designated driver plan that would be affected by those changes.
Old 24-05-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Hopefully just like all the other times they'll make it a big issue for about a 2 weeks then forget about the whole thing.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
AdzT3-146
own the road

yeh 1 passenger is bullshit, it should be atleast 3
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #5
neb
hibernating

only having 1 passenger is stupid. what about p platers being sensible and having a designated driver driving a carload to a nightclub. or carpooling, aren't they meant to be encouraging people to carpool instead of driving individual cars to help the environment. if p platers can only have one passenger might this result in more p platers driving on the road and in groups, instead of all getting in one car for a cruise?
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
niko
likes falcon's

ye i think thats exactly wat they were talking about, the car pooling "designated driver" campaigne.

i myself would be stuffed if could only have 1 passanger, wat are the 3 girls that i cant take with me gonna say...sheesh :P
Old 24-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #7
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

mate.... it is because of the ****ers that get there P's and abuse the privalige!

I am a proffesional driver on P's( truck driver ),and i drive every day all day and have been for nearly 3 years.
Never had a traffic offence.
Never had an accident.

I think it the reason The gov wants to change the law is because too many P platers are irresponsible and reckless.
Cant count how many times i have seen P platers breaking the law etc etc while working!

I hate it that I get put into the same category as the BAD P platers, because a heap of younger people drive like KNOBS.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #8
Kryton

well you only have other P platers to blame for that.
it all comes down to peer group pressure. 3 mates in the car = 3 times more PGP than 1, which means your 3 times more likely to be a ******** and injure someone. (all statistically)
im all for it, BUT only AFTER your FIRST driving offense.
if you dont **** up, you dont suffer the consequences.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:45 PM   #9
AdzT3-146
own the road

1 passenger restrictions tars all p platers with the same brush, it's the same penalty drunkdrivers cop on their p's when they get their licence back
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:48 PM   #10
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

When i heard this it was bloody stupid. The coroner concludes that putting passenger restrictions inplace will help save lives... How bout we disregard that he was drunk, speeding, and trying to get away fromt he cops.

Its idiocy.

And then they have an elderly person that kills 2 people at an intersection, with multiple signs telling her to slow down, and she walks from the court.. WITH HER LICENCE!

I suppose this is the reason im not a Dr, I cant understand the reasons to half the sh*t these educated people come up with.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #11
Damo
Banned

I was restricted to 1 passenger for a year, it was sik. Dunno if my 2 dogs would have counted as passengers.

I agree with the rest of the mob here. I can't see it happening.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:50 PM   #12
TIRED6
A V8 salute to my DEATH

Yeah,

I don't panic, but it should just blow over once again. Just like Learner's on 1 passenger drives - NNNOOOTTT.
Old 24-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #13
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

If you get caught drink driving on your P's you should lose you licence, until you would have been able to get a full licence, with a minimum of a year.

If you kill someone while driving due to negligance on your behalf, and not the deceased's fault you should lose you licence permenently. Ride the bus to work. Im sick of the bullsh*t penalties getting handed down, smart lawyers protecting dumb *** people. It's time for the politicians to stop talking tough and actually get something happening with this justice system.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:52 PM   #14
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

this is b/s and i doubt it'll come in...
with all this designated driver stuff etc... it will be forgotten about in 2 weeks

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #15
Kryton

ill say it again:
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:55 PM   #16
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jezz im so happy im not a p plater any more lol
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #17
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
I think this is a very good idea
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 08:37 PM   #18
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

funny thing about how they wanted to bring it in on l-platers is that it would render driving tests illegal... cant have instructor and examiner in the car!

ha... *chuckles away*

dont they understand, the people that succumb to PGP will be sucked in regardless of whether there is 0 passengers in the car or 10 passengers in the car.. it comes down the individual.. and when are p-platers meant to get experience with multiple drivers in the car.. when they get their full licence? it's all about better education on l's and making it easier to get experience, not making it so we cant even drive with both our parents or our immediate family in the car..

it's all a load of crap. If they spent half the money they want to spend enforcing these curfews or passenger restrictions into making better drivers on the road, they would see results. Doesnt anyone get it that the people who would be offenders or subject to conditions that cause these accidents would most probably totally neglect any rules anyway? we have power to weight limits and they are ignored, we have people not showing p-plates... whats stopping from ignoring passenger limits and curfews etc. There are too many variables to consider...

I loved how on a current affair the 4x4 debate arose and they questioning people in Rav 4's... they are not 4x4's... or the one who had the car for a week and was complaining she couldnt judge it properly... her problem.. so that means should there be the want or need for a 4x4 for track or towing purposes we must set aside a substantial amount of money and extra licences to pursue our hobby...

People, stop trying to restrict what we can and cant do and try and build foundation and a solid base on what we should do.

They reckon 4x4's cant see small children.. ill tell you what from driving one, vision is 100 times better.. coz u looking down from above can see kids running from crossings, etc...

People are ****ed..

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 09:02 PM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoitaliano
I loved how on a current affair the 4x4 debate arose and they questioning people in Rav 4's... they are not 4x4's... or the one who had the car for a week and was complaining she couldnt judge it properly... her problem.. so that means should there be the want or need for a 4x4 for track or towing purposes we must set aside a substantial amount of money and extra licences to pursue our hobby...

People, stop trying to restrict what we can and cant do and try and build foundation and a solid base on what we should do.

They reckon 4x4's cant see small children.. ill tell you what from driving one, vision is 100 times better.. coz u looking down from above can see kids running from crossings, etc...
I'm all for 4WD's requiring a specific licence. Too many mum+2.5 kids have them.
Old 24-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #20
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
ill say it again:
so when you cop a fine for being 3km/h over the limit in a 100km/h zone with no passengers in the car, there goes your first offense, and say hello to passenger restrictions?

I dont see this happening, and by the time they get all these curfews, and passenger limitations happening, ill probably just about be off my P's anyway :evilsasmo
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 09:46 PM   #21
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I'm all for 4WD's requiring a specific licence. Too many mum+2.5 kids have them.

my mum drives our 4x4 to pick us up from school.. a real 4x4.. a patrol.. frankly we cant afford a seperate 4x4 for towing a 7m boat... they want to completely ban them from schools... a ******** driver in a sedan can cause just as much damage.. my mum drives 4x4 better than half of the male 4x4 drivers on the road..

its easy to comment unless you are in the situation... i had this argument with a cousin the other day.. and at the end of the day he says "oh it doesnt really bother me that much coz im not affected"

so to relate it back to ford.. the territory gets the car of the year however many years in a row, should you need a special licence to drive it?

its not the car.. its the drivers! i love observing the women and some men driving pick ups from school.. double parking, entering through car park exits, doing completely ridiculous things.. each group of drivers (p platers, 4x4 drivers, sedan drivers) have their minority of ****wits..

its not the car... its the driver..

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
Old 24-05-2005, 09:59 PM   #22
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

but santo u have to look at it like this day a falcon hits a kid ok u take out their legs, a 4x4 hits rm its chest or head, thats what there getting at
Old 24-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #23
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint_ED
but santo u have to look at it like this day a falcon hits a kid ok u take out their legs, a 4x4 hits rm its chest or head, thats what there getting at
we're talking about little school kids hrere...a falcon is still going to hit them, and not just take out their legs.
Old 24-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #24
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok not just primary how bout up to 12 yo, personally i disagree with what there going to do, but i can see why they want to
Old 24-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #25
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

unfortunatley its like everything else, the minority stuff it up for all the others.

If you can come up with a better way to solve the problem then say so; but dont bitch about it if you have no solution.

That being said I would be annoyed if I was still on my P's. And I also think natural selection has a bit to do with it, but the passengers didn't make the driver fling it side ways into a tree.

But then again...they didn't have to get in the car. Fact is if this law was in place alot of deaths would be avoided. It sucks, but what do you do?

If you haven't guessed I see arguements for both sides. Either way I dont really care; catch a cab if you need to go out.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #26
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

the problem isnt hitting the kid.. thats what im trying to say.. im saying the problem is avoiding hitting the kid in the first place..

i dont think its a case of which car does the most damage, or are luxury heavy cars going to be taken off the market because of a reduced stopping distance?

thats the more ridiculous thing.. i swear the 4x4 can beat my car in braking distance and visibility..

comes back to what im saying.. its the driver not the car...

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
Old 24-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #27
Dez
Banned

anyway, back on to the p plate restrictions....
polyal, you dont introduce a restriction like this 1, with all its negative side-affects (that have been mentioned above) just for lack of a better way to save lives.

Restricting the amount of passengers puts more P platers on the road in more cars, which creates the same amount of peer pressure, but worse as they all have 2 tonnes of their own to wrap around trees (trees if we're lucky enough that a tree is all they take out)

it ruins car pooling where responsible p platers who have a designated driver can no longer do this ( my mates and I do it all the time )
Old 24-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #28
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

so whats wrong with a cab? People do that all the time aswell...

And I dare say that the majority of these accidents happen at night when people have been partying. If you have money to get ****ed, then you can catch a cab.

Maybe they should introduce a consession cab fare or something, encourage younger people to catch them (yes I realise some rural areas struggle with cabs).
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #29
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
Cant count how many times i have seen P platers breaking the law etc etc while working!
True but then again i can count way more fully licenced people who break the law so why is it any different. If these politicians got told this what would their response be.

Speeding is speeding and being a dick is being a dick. Doesnt matter what licence youve got its the same.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #30
Dez
Banned

you notice a p plater more because they have the P plate staring you in the face. thats why people always say how many p platers they see being dick heads...they dont realise the fully licensed drivers doing it because there is nothing to really make them stand out

polyal, i know the cab is an option, and its a fair call. but instead of introducing a concession fare, they've basically made it cost more to catch a cab at night, so there's a deterrant. just a note, for a cab to the city from here (hoppers) its about $60. split that with 4 mates and its really not that bad....but then try getting a cab after a night out