Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
trueblue
01 Falcon Ute

Default biggest stuff up you have done at work

hey,

just wanna know whats your biggest f**k up you have done at work?

or a funny stuff up you have done at work?

and what was the conciquences... :

trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Many years ago when a 486DX was a beast the boys in the office had a play with a customer's new machine with Encarta and windows 3.11 on it, we thought it would be funny to look up some rude words and see if they were in there. Unfortunately we didnt know about the "remembered searches" feature I got to apologise to the customer for that one.

One of my co workers went out to fix some jobs after the boss had just fitted his XF van with the latest whizz bang high gain VHF antenna. He rang the boss a couple of hours later and told him that he had broken the aerial. When the boss calmed down he asked him how he managed to break it, he explained that the van was on top of it.......

Regards,
Tote
Tote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still classify turning up as the biggest mistake ever...lol
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 09:51 PM   #4
MrQuan
Social Disaster

When I started at my job (working in an office), my desk cubical thing was just behind the receptionists. It was only my first week and I bought a pie with sauce from the local shop and was eating it at my desk. I took a bite of the pie and gravy and sauce spilled on the crotch of my jeans and office chair!! : :

I had to walk to the kitchen, past the receptionist and people standing around talking, to get a cloth to wipe my chair and crotch with... I got some very strange looks... I tried to explain it was sauce, but they were all like... "Yeah... sure" ... very embarrasing - especially when you know they don't believe you

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 10:08 PM   #5
Walkinshaw
Two > One

I Kind of stabbed a forklift through the side of an insulated truck

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #6
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

A mate of mine had to fit a UHF two-way to the Premier's Mercedes. The Merc was a bit more tightly constructed than an XF Falcon at that time, so when he screwed the base unit into the boot, he screwed into the fuel tank. An expensive mistake!
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #7
Kryton

each year i get a brand new Manitou (spelling) to use at the Acme Field Days as i do all the forklifting there. last year i managed to bend the bar that the tynes hang off. the bar is about 4 inches thick so it was a pretty good effort to bend it. i think it cost them about $1500 to replace as well.
and no it wasnt from lifting, it was from pushing something....long, hard to tell story.
and the other one was when i was forced to deliver pizzas in Ballarat (damn you centrelink). first pizza i got to deliver, i managed to **** end a 70s fairlane with MY car. had to drive them apart to seperate them. no damage to the fairlane (thanks to the towball) but damage to mine.
i did quit after that.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=500&page=1
the car wasnt that rusty at that stage.

Last edited by Kryton; 14-09-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #8
rodderz

Not quite as dramatic as the previous posts but didnt wake up till 10am tuesday morning after staying up till 3.30am watching the cricket....not good when I was in charge of the job and 3 guys sitting at work waiting since 7.30am!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #9
Simmo
White Lightning

yeh i stabbed a the wall a couple times in my ty old warehouse job. worst one so far i went to set permissions on the users accounts so the new it guy could modify them. acdentally locked everyone out of their accounts at about 10am.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 11:00 PM   #10
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Some background. My old job (waterproofing) entailed sealing timber floors with a white roll on sealant that had to be mixed with a catalyst. The cat was white and the other component was a green snot looking stuff. Now once mixed it looks white and goes off within a certain time frame. Sometimes if you are doing a few jobs close by you can use the same mix.

I had the opportunity to do just that one day. The first job over with I head to the next one and apply the epoxy. Then grab the tub of white pre mix for sealing timber and go hell for leather getting it all out, all over the floors in the wet areas and on the walls in the showers. Lo and behold I had grabbed the wrong tub and had rolled straight catalyst onto the walls and floors. Big stuffup. Didnt realise till I got back to the office and noticed the tub hadnt gone off at all. And I had another tub that was rock hard. Had to walk in to the bosses hat in hand and fess up.

Had to be removed totally including all the epoxy with paint scraper and then re-applied all over again.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #11
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Working in a 5 star hotel here in hong kong, was living in at the time (accomodation provided) and started dating a girl from work.
It was during SARS so plenty of people wearing masks..
Ended up a bit drunk and asking her to come back to my suite, and she said "fine".
Well, it's against hotel policy for any staff to "visit" rooms apart from live in staff like me.
Security called me on the quiet to explain that it was an issue and they'd keep it quiet, unfortunately it got out somehow, and both my boss and hers were frantically trying to contact us, however by this time we were in Bali on leave.

Both get back and I have 18 missed calls and 5 voice messages from work.
She had 37 missed calls and 13 voice messages from her boss. (HR!)

Slap on the wrist (Could've been worse) and is now a classic tale told to all GM's in the company about relationships at work... securities excuse was "Well, Joanna had a mask on and we didn't really know who it was".

We now live together and are engaged.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #12
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Another time....

Not a stuff up as such but damn close. I was new to the company and working away learning the ropes etc. My boss handed me the keys to one of their VW vans and asked me to turn it around. I put her in reverse and accelerated rather swiftly up a road stopping to turn left and turn the van around. I looked behind me after stopping to turn and noticed I was an inch off another car behind me I never even saw.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 11:33 PM   #13
Thornie
Off smelting

welding seams on 100 demountable rims worth around $1400-$2000 a pop porosity in every weld even though you couldnt see it it was right down in the join, every one had to be machine out and rewelded which took me another week (btw each of these rims tooks an average of 45 mins to weld)

didnt get in trouble but we learnt a lesson that day and fix it with the next batch which i'm currently doing now.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 11:41 PM   #14
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

I work in a call center (sh!ttiest job in the world) and one day they decided to put helium balloons up everywhere to celebrate the official opening of the contract. We were bored so I pulled down a helium balloon and did the "talk like a chipmunk" thing. It was pretty funny until I took in one HUGE breath of helium, and just as I had inhaled the last contents of the balloon...

I got a call...

Worst thing was that the managers were monitoring every call that day (we only get about 20 per day at the moment) and I got in sooooo much sh!t for that one!

If I stuff up over anything at all now, I'm sacked... (boo-frickity hoo)

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:05 AM   #15
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Youngun, that's hilarious!
Not mine, but Dad used to work as a lorry driver, and found out tall lorries and low bridges are a bad combination.
Old 15-09-2005, 01:06 AM   #16
gtfpv
GT

when i was an apprentice i had to cut a permanent steel ladder out of a coridore that lead up to some airconditioning equipment. the ladder was about 1/2 a metre away from an office door. the door had a floor matt in front of it . i decided the best way to get it down was to cut it with an oxy flame . proceeded to do so without making the area safe. now the floor matt caught fire unbeknowns to me as i was whistling away with the goggles on . i heard this wreaking scream , as i looked up a secratary had opened the door and done a fire walk through the flames. they were about 1 foot high , the whole matt was on fire . didn't know wether to laugh or cry .ended up with an official warning on that one.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:33 AM   #17
InitialD
Low and Loud

When I was a Apprentice Electrician about 4yrs ago,

The first day on the job, I was pulling cables through a fake ceiling in the old Ansett Airlines headquarters for the new tenants security system.

well 5mins into the job I fell thru the fake ceiling (being only featherweight cork planks) onto a table that the head of the Security company happened to be sitting at looking at plans (doh!!!) LMAO

Other stuff up I did on the last job was 'writing off' old computer hardware off the asset database. Some teacher left one of there classroom P4's in the pile of 486's. I ended up writing the P4 off and with the other 486's, P2, etc taking them all home to be disposed only to realise 3 days later "ohh ! Its a home"

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:34 AM   #18
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

i was stacking large 6metre long packs of timber with the forklift, I was trying to stack them five high, as i stacked the last one, bang, they all fell over packs smashed open, hundreds of rails went everywhere. now i make sure the ground is sturdy enough for large packs

could have been very dangerous, diddnt really get in trouble though.

Last edited by XplosiveR6; 15-09-2005 at 01:46 AM.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 01:59 AM   #19
Steffo
LPG > You

Where I used to work... was cleaning/inspecting for faults.. a bunch of laptops we'd just received back. There was 8 of them.. two expensive ones (about $1200) and six cheaper ones (about $500-$600). Anyway, I decide to carry all eight from my battery test station in the warehouse to the main testing lab, and pile the two expensive ones on the top, so as I'm walking, I trip over a bag I couldn't see... and fall onto my knees.. and one of the expensive laptops (the top one) goes flying... and the screen/hinge cracks. Oh oh! Put it at the bottom of the pile in a silly attempt to hide it. :
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 03:38 AM   #20
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
lol @ "kind of"

I dropped pallet racking/shelving from a fork lift onto the bosses Merc.. Took the racking off a truck (stupid that it was assembled anyway)
Metal shelving on metal tynes (forks) on a bumpy dirt driveway wasn't a good combination and they slid off to my right, hooking on & scratching the bonnet and creating a "speed hole" in the fender.
$3,400 damage apparently.
17yrs old & unlicensed to drive the fork lift at the time aswell.
Still kept the job..
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 06:31 AM   #21
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was in a big hurry and drove a car way too fast onto a two post hoist. It wasn't quite straight and I popped a tyre on one of the posts.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #22
LTDHO
The one and only

I mate an error last year that cost the company over $50,000. Ouch!! Well I guess I shouldn't rush work!! :
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 08:42 AM   #23
FPV329
Workin' for the BOSS

I had to attach seats into a cruddy old van and dutifully drilled away for the mounting bolts and natch drilled a hole into the fuel line.

Was going like a cut snake on a hard deadline for large and complex escalator support beams with only a couple of hours left for delivery to site and after I had finished fabricating my beam I took over one from the apprentice who was dragging the chain a little. I managed to put all fittings on the end not done yet on the bottom instead of the top!
I announced finished with a " I beat the deadline and you lot are still going smile ".

The boss looked around and picked it straight away.

I cut the beam in half, spun my end other way up and welded it back together, it was easier than cutting all the fittings off and putting them back on! Still took awhile but, they were big beams!

Oh nearly forgot, when I was an apprentice the boss and I were putting a handrail on a staircase and the boss was holding the uprights and I was tacking them on. Well my welding lead got caught around a hold down bolt so I'm giving it a good tug to free it. It finally gives and I managed with the follow through to stick the electrode smack into the middle of the boss' forehead and electrocute him!

He said he had a headache for a week. ( I'm not really a klutz! )
Old 15-09-2005, 08:53 AM   #24
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm giving it a good tug to free it. It finally gives and I managed with the follow through to stick the electrode smack into the middle of the boss' forehead and electrocute him!

///////////////
hahahaha, mate thats the funniest thing ive read so far,good on ya,christ he must of been too scared to sack you after that.lol
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 08:58 AM   #25
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I work in government and sometimes I need to reply to members of the public via email. Now automatic spell check is a good thing usually, but on one occasion it stuffed me up. I usually end my emails with:

"I apologise for any inconvinience caused"

Now I always miss-spell inconvinience so spell-check always changes it with the option of "inconvinience" or "incontinence". On one particualr day I was in a rush and accidently hit the second option. So out went this email with the last line as:

"I apologise for any incontinence caused"

Luckily I never heard anything back from teh guy :
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #26
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Yeah I used to muck around a bit on the forklift at work, getting up on 2 wheels around corners and stuff, doing wheelies etc, until i rolled it of the loading bay , i jumped out the other side just in time , really made the Bosses day

I have also seen a very insane crane driver snap a semi trailer chassis clean in half with a 40tonne kato crane ........lol........

Last edited by The Mighty Red; 15-09-2005 at 09:18 AM.
The Mighty Red is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 10:22 AM   #27
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Ordering a shed, getting it to site and finding out that it's 300mm too short...
Old 15-09-2005, 10:46 AM   #28
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
I work in government and sometimes I need to reply to members of the public via email. Now automatic spell check is a good thing usually, but on one occasion it stuffed me up. I usually end my emails with:

"I apologise for any inconvinience caused"

Now I always miss-spell inconvinience so spell-check always changes it with the option of "inconvinience" or "incontinence". On one particualr day I was in a rush and accidently hit the second option. So out went this email with the last line as:

"I apologise for any incontinence caused"

Luckily I never heard anything back from teh guy :
HAha, he probably admitted himself to hospital

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 10:51 AM   #29
Mrs347stroker
Banned

I used to work at Drive Thru bottle shop and the worst thing I ever did was knock over a stack of 6 cartons of cold beer in the cold room and damaged nearly every stubby bar a six pack. Boss was not happy and either was I as I had to mop it all up standing in the cold room for 30 mins. Couldn't feel my hands for awhile after that, had to defrost in the sun.

A funny story happened to a fella I was working with, he had just re-filled the cold room with a stack of Corona, a drunk walked in a pretended he was looking for a carton of beer, he then decided to pull his pants down and pee on the cartons like a dog. It was so gross!! The poor fella then had to mop up this guys pee and replace all the cartons of beer, luckily I was on till shift that night!
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:23 PM   #30
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Rocking up to work still drunk and then wielding a machete for food prep isn't a good idea :P Those slash-proof gloves really do work! I nearly broke my fingers umpteen times though... CHOP!

Unintentionally breaking wind in a customer's face wasn't my proudest moment either. I wasn't feeling well that day, and there was a box that I bent over to pick up... customer was in the wrong place at the wrong time. :
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post