Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Default Calder Offstreet Drags Are Back On.

On their website it says November 6th and December 4th the Offstreet drags are on.

http://www.calderpark.com.au/home.shtml

CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About goddamned time. I prefer HPR but it's too far.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

back on for how long though???
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad
Good question :
Old 01-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
SilkG6ET

Hope this is right, as i live 2 mins away

G6ET - Stock with K&N Panel Filter 12.9998 @ 108 - 2.10 60'
Now - PW Stepped IC, ID1000's, LSD, Crow Springs, Walbro 460, GTX35/76R, Xforce 4" SS, Coolerworx pipework, Allsparks Tuned 347rwkw@16psi
Mopar Nats 2016 12.3 @ 121 - 2.1 60'
SilkG6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will be there!
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

December will be warming up, might try for November.

About time they opened the gates.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After spending all the Government money on the place too
Old 04-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #9
yogi351

The Government didn't give them any money....
yogi351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You are kidding right? Who paid for the upgrades at Calder and at AIR?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad
They haven't actually been run yet so you shouldn't get to worried about for how long!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
You are kidding right? Who paid for the upgrades at Calder and at AIR
Upgrades at AIR not completed to this day and what was attempted were sub standard quallity.

Being without any 1/4 mile here in SA and treated like crap by Bob Jane and the SA Labor Government you guys have been fortunate to have the great facillities of Heathcote and its continuous operation.

As desperate as I am for a 1/4 mile track to open close to home If they reopen AIR I won't be supporting BJ/AMC based on their past performance.

For as long as the BJ owned tracks in VIC and SA are still standing(operational or not) our Labor Governments won't support alternative facilities being built!

Checkout our Aussie Muscle Car Run page

bbcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #12
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcoupe
They haven't actually been run yet so you shouldn't get to worried about for how long!!!

Upgrades at AIR not completed to this day and what was attempted were sub standard quallity.

Being without any 1/4 mile here in SA and treated like crap by Bob Jane and the SA Labor Government you guys have been fortunate to have the great facillities of Heathcote and its continuous operation.

As desperate as I am for a 1/4 mile track to open close to home If they reopen AIR I won't be supporting BJ/AMC based on their past performance.

For as long as the BJ owned tracks in VIC and SA are still standing(operational or not) our Labor Governments won't support alternative facilities being built!
HERE HERE!!!!!!!!!
COUPE 72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #13
yogi351

Quote:
The upgrades were paid for and are still being payed for by the landfill going in.... Bob charges for trucks to dump landfill on his property, and is moving it around to create a 'funnel' to dampen the noise from the track to surrounding properties...
yogi351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #14
KPOJ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I talked to a top name top fuel racer, he said young bobby didnt get a cent. This is the same story i was told by the motor sport manager.

Would be great if it opened up again, lost so many customers from not having a track to run their cars.
KPOJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #15
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what time do the gates open this friday? i will be there, deciding whether or not to drag or just spectate...
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #16
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So all the Calder race track changes, changes to pits, drag track changes were not made with a tip in from the State Government? Really??
Old 02-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #17
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Not going to lie, couldn't care less about who it was all funded by aslong as they decide to open it sometime between today and my death bed at this rate.

The crowds there every friday night it used to be open must have made it worth their while $ wise, why they have gone to this one run every solar eclipse is beyond me, why spend $$$ somewhere only to let it be left unused like in the past?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #18
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is what doesn't make any sense, the whole facilty was shut down after money was spent upgrading the place. It defies logic in my book, and says heaps about an uncertain future.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #19
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
That is what doesn't make any sense, the whole facilty was shut down after money was spent upgrading the place. It defies logic in my book, and says heaps about an uncertain future.
Whispers on the wind were saying calder was on death row when i was in highschool (Early as 2001/2) when i started going down with a mate and his dad.
Old 17-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #20
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Have your off street racing started again yet, Why do vics and sth aussies always go runnin back to Bob Jane when he opens his tracks, we need our heads read.

Honestly this guy is responsible for no racing in our states for near on ten years now we should be linching the bastrard not supporting is substandard unsafe facilities.

As soon as he runs a meeting or two to get the focus off a new facility he'll close it down again, how many times will it take for it to sink in guys. He always dangles just enough candy to squash someones new project, after all its just happened here again in Adelaide after Gazzanats promising to reopen in March. Give it a rest Bob, Adelaide is sick of your crap, we wont race at your asbestos riddled hell hole anymore......ROLL ON NEW MOTORPLEX.

Victorian's stop falling for his crap, boycot him and support Heathcote Park, have'nt seen calder in along time but Heathcote is much better than AIR.
Old 17-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #21
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPE 72
Have your off street racing started again yet, Why do vics and sth aussies always go runnin back to Bob Jane when he opens his tracks, we need our heads read.

Honestly this guy is responsible for no racing in our states for near on ten years now we should be linching the bastrard not supporting is substandard unsafe facilities.

As soon as he runs a meeting or two to get the focus off a new facility he'll close it down again, how many times will it take for it to sink in guys. He always dangles just enough candy to squash someones new project, after all its just happened here again in Adelaide after Gazzanats promising to reopen in March. Give it a rest Bob, Adelaide is sick of your crap, we wont race at your asbestos riddled hell hole anymore......ROLL ON NEW MOTORPLEX.

Victorian's stop falling for his crap, boycot him and support Heathcote Park, have'nt seen calder in along time but Heathcote is much better than AIR.
Heathcote is nice, but it's a long drive from South Eastern Victoria...

Don't understand at the least why the Govenment doesn't buy current facilities off him and re-furbish them, surely cheaper than ground up builds from scratch?
Old 18-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #22
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Heathcote is nice, but it's a long drive from South Eastern Victoria...
Its closer to you than us, i was there for AFF nationals, first time and found the facility to be very good.
Don't understand at the least why the Govenment doesn't buy current facilities off him and re-furbish them, surely cheaper than ground up builds from scratch?
AIR is no longer able to cope with the speed of Top Fuel in my opinion (too short) for safety reasons, the track needs tearing up and starting again, there is no room for expansion (theres a road at the end of the breaking area ). The track faces west and the setting sun has always been a problem for about an hour or so during eliminations and is a safety concern especially when driving into the sun through perspex. The facility is extremely run down and the track no longer meets ANDRA safety regs.

On top of all that Bob Jane no longer seems to want anything to do with ANDRA and he wont sell the place to anyone.

Our premier thinks that all dragracers are hoons and his government will not allocate tax payer funds to fund or support a, Quote "hoon haven" he beleives that it will only promote illegal street racing yet whole hearted supports the Clipsal 500 and the Adelaide classic rally both running on public roads and neither blamed for any influence on illegal road users.

A consortium of business people, some envoled in drag racing at different levels and some not propose to build a multi function motorplex at Port Adelaide, at first the government wanted nothing to with us but after some public pressure they have had meetings with government ministers but we are having trouble getting the land allocated to us for this project. The consortium are not asking to be given the land , they wish to purchase or lease the land and the project will be fully self funded. They intend to invest at least $25mil for the project, but the project is not without its critics.
Old 21-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #23
wkd-windza

I heard all the track staff at Calder resigned effective immediately
Old 21-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #24
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well, there is a surpirse
Old 21-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #25
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol.. Sound's like another stitch up job from boob jane.. We're use to it in S.A.. The bloke has brown lip's and a head full of it!!
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #26
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Sounds like IQ's just raised sharpely in Victoria......... Only jokin, good on ya guys about time everybody told Jane to go jump. Should get Bobs ex as our new spokes women against AIR and Calder
Old 25-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #27
ROLLI
KEEPUP

I heard on the grape vine that they were looking at buliding a strip next to avalon raceway. There is nobody to complain out there just the airport and some sheep it would be a perfect place for it easy to get to. That was a bout a year ago tho and i havnt seen or heard anymore on this.Anybody else know anything?
Old 25-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #28
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, rumour has it Bob got the money and spent it on Calder
Old 25-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #29
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah, rumour has it Bob got the money and spent it on Calder
FFS :togo:
Old 25-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #30
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How one bloke can be such a menace to motorsport is a bloody disgrace!!
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post