Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
territory mate
turbo happy

Unhappy my new ranger just dissappeared??

have just got a text from the ford salesmen saying im NOT getting my new ranger now before june 30,as there are none in the country.funny how 2 days early there was one for me when i signed up (on the computer)nice of them to ring and tell me.i rang him twice today about stuff,and never got a call back.i wonder why.have texted him back,and said that if i cant claim it in this finanicial year,then im not buying one from them.fair enough you think?
talked to him for three weeks about this.only now has he got the guts to tell me,as he has gone away for the weekend. weak.
may as well go to mazda dealer,and if they have one there in stock,just get that.

territory mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and FORD wonder why their sales are doggy do do !!!
Old 26-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My brothers girl ordered a Fiesta in Sthn Sydney in February. All sweet but was going to take a few months, then after that she started ringing them. It was on the boat, then on its way, then would be on the dock soon, then it was on another boat, another dock, on its way etc etc etc.

Then they said it was in and getting prepped and Sat was the delivery date. All excited then she rang back to get more details - non commital then. Rocked up on Saturday morning and they just gave her her deposit back and said it was all too hard (?) and they were cancelling the contract. She just walked out kind of dazed.

They said the car in her options and colour didn't exist anymore. Went and spoke to another Ford dealer and they said they could get her a upper spec model in a few more months for not much more so she has 'signed' again there - for whatever that means. Apparently though that 2nd dealer found her ordered car (same options and colour) allocated to first dealer and about to arrive. They must have got a better offer on it i'd say.

Sadly this is not the first instance of this in our family. An EA Ghia Wagon was the issue there. Same dealer too I think.

I love my Fords, but this is why I will never again buy a new one. Even I had issues with my BA XR.

Good luck with Mazda mate, hope you get your wheels soon.
Old 26-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Our Focus was the same all promises I can deliver it straight away its in the yard blah blah blah then sign then amazing how oh no the guys not in, oh its the wrong one etc

One word FRUSTRATING!

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im someone who buys off the lot. I no many arent. But i am....when i want a new car....I want it now. Not in 2 weeks, or 2 months. If i wanted to wait i wouldnt be standing infront of a salesman asking for the paperwork.

Mind you its not just cars, Im like that with everything. Impulse buyer lol
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
rods falcon
Long time lurking

I think a few dealers have been caught out by the lack of stock and the sudden demand due to the investment allowance. Had one dealer tell me that all would be ok as long as we paid by June 30 even though the vehicle would arrive some time later. (ie we could claim the allowance this year). Not the thing to tell someone in the tax game that is clearly incorrect!!
Old 27-06-2009, 01:56 AM   #7
gu4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT69
Im someone who buys off the lot. I no many arent. But i am....when i want a new car....I want it now. Not in 2 weeks, or 2 months. If i wanted to wait i wouldnt be standing infront of a salesman asking for the paperwork.

Mind you its not just cars, Im like that with everything. Impulse buyer lol

Me too. Bought quite a few cars over the years, and the longest I waited was about 6 days because it to come from somewhere up north. That was the only car I didn't eyeball before buying - all the others were in stock and in the yard or at their holding yard. If at the holding yard we went for a trip to see the car.

My conversations usually go something like:

Me: "OK, let's do the deal"
Dealer: "Let's workout the specs and colour - what colour are you after?"
Me: "What colours do you have in stock?"
Dealer: "We have X, Y and Z"
Me: "I'll take Z. When will it be ready"

From memory I have never "ordered" a car. All my paperwork will have the VIN, compliance, etc or I don't sign.

After these few horror stories I now know why.

Cheers

Dan

Current Drive: 2009 Audi S3 Sportback in Black
gu4800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 02:33 AM   #8
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
My brothers girl ordered a Fiesta in Sthn Sydney in February. All sweet but was going to take a few months, then after that she started ringing them. It was on the boat, then on its way, then would be on the dock soon, then it was on another boat, another dock, on its way etc etc etc.

Then they said it was in and getting prepped and Sat was the delivery date. All excited then she rang back to get more details - non commital then. Rocked up on Saturday morning and they just gave her her deposit back and said it was all too hard (?) and they were cancelling the contract. She just walked out kind of dazed.

They said the car in her options and colour didn't exist anymore. Went and spoke to another Ford dealer and they said they could get her a upper spec model in a few more months for not much more so she has 'signed' again there - for whatever that means. Apparently though that 2nd dealer found her ordered car (same options and colour) allocated to first dealer and about to arrive. They must have got a better offer on it i'd say.

Sadly this is not the first instance of this in our family. An EA Ghia Wagon was the issue there. Same dealer too I think.

I love my Fords, but this is why I will never again buy a new one. Even I had issues with my BA XR.

Good luck with Mazda mate, hope you get your wheels soon.
Go read the Fiesta section of this forum, hundreds of people have waited 4-5 months for one and many still don't have one, alot of people had to change colours etc, there's been some pretty big lies told at alot of dealerships
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it the dealers fault though? Is Ford Europe just putting whatever Fiestas they have on the boat and the dealers are hoping what they want is on there?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #10
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

there have been massive delays on anything coming from overseas. part of the reason is with the economic slowdown they just aren't shipping the volume they used to.

was talking to to a tuckie a few weeks ago about this, apparently there is less then 50% volume being unloaded, instead of the usual full loads coming off the ships. this was at Brisbane, not sure if it's the same eveywhere? even getting spare parts can be a headache, shipments just aren't as frequent as they were a few months ago.

still sucks about your ranger though, have you tried another dealer nearby? many will be more than happy to help stich up your local guys and 'poach' your deal from them.

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #11
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

the ford dealer in Ayr said the other day that they were caught out by a lack of stock due to the credit crisis thing.hes only got 5 cars on the floor at the moment and hes not real happy about it.

as for fiestas,the dealer in townsville told us there is a huge wait on the zetec fiesta.the base models are on the floor (quite a few of them) but the zetec has a long waiting period.pretty much any zetecs they get are already sold.
Old 27-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #12
ute351
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by territory mate
have just got a text from the ford salesmen saying im NOT getting my new ranger now before june 30,as there are none in the country.
How rude that people don't call anymore!

Our real estate agent is the same, only method of communication is via text and can't ever contact him anyway!

Seems they're only too happy to take your money (I won't start on how they don't do ANYTHING for you), pity your money doesn't even buy the decency to talk in person anymore!
ute351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
rodderz

Doing such messages via sms is very poor, particularly for something that is important. It happens for all things these days when people haven't got the guts to ring up or say in person, like splitting up, taking a sicky off work etc
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #14
GT-E

I bet many dealers are cancelling the orders for cars that were sold earlier this year at a discount and are being resold to business buyers prepared to pay full sticker price.
While it is not right or fair, it is life. A friend of mine works for a large dealer that wrote 40 orders yesterday, getting most of their remaining stock out of the door.

As for the 50% tax brake, you MUST have paid and have delivery of the "asset" by the 30/6 to claim it this year. People who are ordering today and gettign delivery after next tuesday will not be eligable for the 50% rebate in this years return.
Do not believe the BS about only having to order and pay for it this FY to claim, it is not the case.
Old 27-06-2009, 09:49 AM   #15
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-E
I bet many dealers are cancelling the orders for cars that were sold earlier this year at a discount and are being resold to business buyers prepared to pay full sticker price.
While it is not right or fair, it is life. A friend of mine works for a large dealer that wrote 40 orders yesterday, getting most of their remaining stock out of the door.

As for the 50% tax brake, you MUST have paid and have delivery of the "asset" by the 30/6 to claim it this year. People who are ordering today and gettign delivery after next tuesday will not be eligable for the 50% rebate in this years return.
Do not believe the BS about only having to order and pay for it this FY to claim, it is not the case.
Are you sure about that. That's not my take. ATO link:
http://www.ato.gov.au/taxprofessiona...p=001&st=&cy=1

Quote:
The tax break, in the form of an investment allowance, provides:

• Small business entities (turnover of less than $2 million a year):
  • An additional tax deduction of 50 per cent of the cost of eligible new tangible depreciating assets where the business commits to investing in the asset between 13 December 2008 and 31 December 2009 and first uses the asset, or installs it ready for use, or (in the case of new investment in an existing asset) brings the asset to its modified or improved state on or before 31 December 2010.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #16
blackxrsix

I ordered my new territory at the end of may and ive been told it wont be here until the end of august.They say that there is no grey ones at any other dealer in australia and ive just got to wait for them to make it. : :
blackxrsix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #17
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Considering capacity is not being utilised in many car manufacturing plants, there should be a shorter wait for specific builds, not longer ones
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #18
azza11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxrsix
I ordered my new territory at the end of may and ive been told it wont be here until the end of august.They say that there is no grey ones at any other dealer in australia and ive just got to wait for them to make it. : :
My mate just brought one in grey, demo model in Toowoomba, gets it Tuesday morning, 40 kays on it. A few options on it being a demo and a nice deal 42000 down to 37000.
AZZA
azza11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #19
bluebloodxr8
Was born with blue blood

Is it not possible, as part of the purchase contract, to stipulate a delivery deadline?
Failure to meet the deadline would impose a penalty, or the right to tear up the contract.
I would not be happy to be in the position they have put you in.
Surely it is not all one way traffic in favour of the dealers?
Old 27-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #20
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-E
I dare say that is the reason. Especially seems it seems the car in my scenario DOES exist.

Regardless, blatant out and out lies cannot do Ford as a brand any good. Why just not say "we can't get that car anymore, sorry". Why go through all the crap and deceit, culminating in a call on a Thursday to say it was at the dealer and would be ready to pick up on the Saturday?

There is just no explaining that.
Old 27-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #21
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You would think, if this whole recession BS is to be believed, Dealers would be doing anything and everything in their power to get people the cars they want. Wait for it, either this tax break will be extended, or once its finished the car companies will be crying poor all over again.

I understand there might be a sourcing issue, but boats wont sail half full if the bloody orders are done. They'd be sailing full to the brim.

This whole tax thing would really be helping a certain company that was trying to clear excess stocks, not at all helping a certain other company that slowed production 12 months ago and reduced stocks.

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
Old 27-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #22
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebloodxr8
Is it not possible, as part of the purchase contract, to stipulate a delivery deadline?
Failure to meet the deadline would impose a penalty, or the right to tear up the contract.
I would not be happy to be in the position they have put you in.
Surely it is not all one way traffic in favour of the dealers?
Thats what i was thinking.
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
ZDHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #23
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Too many stories of customers being stitched up after signing the paperwork.

I wonder how many people go to buy a car and decide i will pay x $ to have this colour, and only that colour, wait a few months, still no show of car and settle for another colour just so they have the car. Story may have been different if they knew before hand!
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
ZDHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #24
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

I for one work for a dealership now (Toyota)... i work in the Parts Department... the amount of stock in new cars for Toyota is very minimal at the moment... we are pushing through a huge amount of new cars with all sorts of options... but there is a great deal of issue's with supply of certain parts right now, due to alot of business closures for financial reasons...

Another dealer with useful Salespeople may be better at securing your car and not passing it over to someone else for a few bob more...
Old 27-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #25
GT-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Are you sure about that. That's not my take. ATO link:
http://www.ato.gov.au/taxprofessiona...p=001&st=&cy=1
I said IN THIS FINANCIAL YEAR
Old 27-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #26
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

GT-E is correct, to get the deduction in this financial year he needs to settle before June 30, otherwise hes waiting till 30/06/2010 to take advantage of this tax bonus.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #27
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

what sort of Ranger did you order?

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #28
territory mate
turbo happy

thanks for all your comments and ideas.
i signed on a silver xl supercab 4x4(no safety pack).had talked to the guy,whos kind of a mate ,as a friend use to work there till recently.having slept on it,i am really getting more angry about it.he clearly knew the situation.he called in there accountant to the office at the start of talks,about how the rebate worked,so knew the set up of the rule.have rang up north,and they dont have anything either(they own it as well!).am simply resigned to going into mazda on monday morning,and seeing what they have in stock.not stressed about extras,as i can simply claim them in the next tax year,as long as they are over 1000.anything under needs to be done on car purchase to ring them into the total order,thus getting the 50%rebate.
could try other ford dealers in qld ,as i have cash,and am ready to get on a plane if i have to.dont like my luck but?saw a mate who just got his new cruiser at 7pm last night.he paid in early april,so was rather happy he finally got it before june 30.
i know i hold some fault for the situation for not getting vin numbers and the like written down,but im a little too old school,in that a mans word,is his word(stupid me)
dont do business with mates is the rule here.will simply wait till later in the year,and see what other new models,or deals are around then.
aaaahhhhhhhh.this buying cars can be frustrating cant it(ha ha)

good side note:they are wanting me to do some work in there shop in the next month.should make for some quiet moments??they would do good to just return the depoist and say sorry.
territory mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #29
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I no toowoomba has a few rangers, their just down the road, might go for a drive later and see whats there mate

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
Old 27-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #30
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

What about trying a car broker?

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"