Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2020, 04:25 PM   #1
HIPO
Al

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Because it doesn't work. Studies show patients end up with more heart and liver problems among the people who took it.
If people would dig deeper, instead of just taking whatever the MSM pump out as gospel...... lots of evidence out there, from credible people.
Law suits coming in this regard.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #2
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
If people would dig deeper, instead of just taking whatever the MSM pump out as gospel...... lots of evidence out there, from credible people.
Karen at Bunnings ?
Old 28-07-2020, 06:04 PM   #3
leesa

Quote:
Got link?

Old 28-07-2020, 11:01 PM   #4
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Because it doesn't work. Studies show patients end up with more heart and liver problems among the people who took it.
You are stating that as a consequence of an FDA approved anti malarial drug being administered Covid patients develop heart and liver problems that otherwise would not have occurred?

Go ahead...make my day and prove it?
Old 28-07-2020, 11:39 PM   #5
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
You are stating that as a consequence of an FDA approved anti malarial drug being administered Covid patients develop heart and liver problems that otherwise would not have occurred?

Go ahead...make my day and prove it?
Are you guys talking about hydrowhateveryoucallit? My mum has lupus and she was put on it many years ago. It messed up her thyroids and nearly made her blind. Went off it and recovered somewhat.

Sure, if you are about to die and you have no options then take it. But it's not recommended for normal patients with cv. It'll do more harm than good. Remember most cv patients actually recover.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 29-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #6
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Are you guys talking about hydrowhateveryoucallit? My mum has lupus and she was put on it many years ago. It messed up her thyroids and nearly made her blind. Went off it and recovered somewhat.

Sure, if you are about to die and you have no options then take it. But it's not recommended for normal patients with cv. It'll do more harm than good. Remember most cv patients actually recover.
I was on Plaquenil(hydroxychloroquine) for 2yrs for my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I had to get liver function tests done every 3 months. But other than that, my dosage was low, it was monitored and I had no other side effects.

If you were to go on high dosages, I suspect yes, you would be doing more harm than good. But under monitored low dose scenario's I can potentially see it working until you were given the all clear.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 29-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #7
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
My neighbours' next door to the bus drivers grandmother had an apprentice who had a heart problem and recovered somewhat by taking it by standing on one leg....true...

Quote:

Prove the highlighted text? Maybe get Leesa to help?
3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #8
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
I don’t care for the politics of the situation abroad, I want to know why if this stuff works we aren’t in Australia doing something about it, there are hundreds of elderly people in homes that are either infected or at risk of being infected which could have potentially been avoided or minimised for minimal cost.
Pretty sure people are free to listen to who ever they want and inject what they want.

Id rather some kind of medical body or a government to endorse first, and even then someone else can go first.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 04:27 PM   #9
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Pretty sure people are free to listen to who ever they want and inject what they want.

Id rather some kind of medical body or a government to endorse first, and even then someone else can go first.
I’m not sure if your agreeing with me or not here?

If your talking about a Vaccine, I couldn’t agree more.
Old 28-07-2020, 10:38 PM   #10
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
I don’t care for the politics of the situation abroad, I want to know why if this stuff works we aren’t in Australia doing something about it, there are hundreds of elderly people in homes that are either infected or at risk of being infected which could have potentially been avoided or minimised for minimal cost.

I heard that Mr+Mrs Hanks were given hydroxychloroquine, she complained.
But they are risk category and are alive.

My point is

1) that there was scientific theory that drove that (I thought the idea originated in Europe).

2) It has been used in Australia with anecdotal success (Hanks)
Old 29-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #11
HIPO
Al

I see Twatter came down on Trump Jr for posting that vid ..... same platform that refuses to take down peeps promoting pedophilia....
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #12
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
... same platform that refuses to take down peeps promoting pedophilia....
??? Evidence?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #13
HIPO
Al

Quote:
??? Evidence?
Search Twitter pedo's......... cant you guys dig now & then, i feel like your Mother!
Old 29-07-2020, 10:39 AM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Search Twitter pedo's......... cant you guys dig now & then, i feel like your Mother!
yeah that will go down great with my work IT department.

How about people post links to back up their wild accusations?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-07-2020, 11:04 AM   #15
HIPO
Al

Quote:
yeah that will go down great with my work IT department.

How about people post links to back up their wild accusations?
get back to work then..........
Old 29-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #16
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I see Twatter came down on Trump Jr for posting that vid ..... same platform that refuses to take down peeps promoting pedophilia....
Yep. It was a mass suspension or account restriction - just for conservatives of course.

Here's another video that YouTube has been taking down:

As for the ''wacko witch doctor'', well another nut job Alex Jones had been calling out Jeffrey Epstein and his Island for yonks and all the people linked to him are some of the most anti-Trump on the planet, gee, wonder why.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #17
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

367 new cases for Australia and 6 deaths sees the CMR rises to 1.091% and active cases rise to 5,824. NSW recorded 14, SA and WA 1 each and the balance were in Victoria.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.413% and active cases remain at 21.

The UK recorded 581 new cases and 119 deaths yesterday so the CMR rises to 15.257%.

Just over 61k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,227 deaths sees CMR down to 3.408% and active cases at 48.4% with the raw numbers still rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
The USA passes 150k deaths;
Asia passes 4M cases;
The USA completes 55M, India 17M and the UK 15M tests;

Libya (190), Israel (2,308) and Colombia (10,284) all recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Globally, the number of new infections has been decreasing this week albeit not by enough to reverse the direction of the trend line but any downward trend has to be considered a good one.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 10:40 AM   #18
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Speaking of China, and there will always be doubt on their stats, but how are they travelling? Dot hey have a second wave?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-07-2020, 10:48 AM   #19
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Speaking of China, and there will always be doubt on their stats, but how are they travelling? Dot hey have a second wave?
I don't know about mainland, I think there are a few spot fires. But news from relatives in HK indicates they are having a 3rd wave. And its worse than the 1st and 2nd. Apparently it is sourced back to sea or aircrew members and domestic helpers, then add complacency to help the spread.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...scariest-surge

And here, air crew members seen mingling in tourist areas whilst awaiting test results....

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...eas-pilot-seen
Old 29-07-2020, 11:53 AM   #20
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
I don't know about mainland, I think there are a few spot fires. But news from relatives in HK indicates they are having a 3rd wave. And its worse than the 1st and 2nd. Apparently it is sourced back to sea or aircrew members and domestic helpers, then add complacency to help the spread.
I'd taken HK off my watch list after they seemed to have been on top of it back in mid-June as they were down to single digits per day and the peak had only been 82 in mid-March.

I'd say they are only having a 2nd wave now that started in early July and has seen a peak of 145 only the day before yesterday.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 29-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #21
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
I'd taken HK off my watch list after they seemed to have been on top of it back in mid-June as they were down to single digits per day and the peak had only been 82 in mid-March.

I'd say they are only having a 2nd wave now that started in early July and has seen a peak of 145 only the day before yesterday.
I've looked for reasons HK had so few cases despite being very crowded and having a lot of international traffic (similar to New York city) Mask wearing had 99% compliance before the govt said anything. Cases have increased as that relaxed a bit. Unless anyone has further information I'm taking this as strong evidence of the effectiveness of masks.
Old 29-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #22
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone got any shares lying around since the late 80's in Kodak?
2 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #23
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These 2 teens are unbelievable.
They are now being treated in hospital.

I think they should be in isolation in jail!
I am well and truly over the airheads!

"
Long testing queues after teens bring COVID-19 from interstate
By Rebeka Powell 13:48

Long queues have formed outside the private school in Logan where an employee tested positive to COVID-19.

The 19-year-old cleaner is one of two women who tested positive after travelling back from Melbourne via Sydney on July 21.

They did not isolate and have been active in the community for the past eight days.

A testing clinic has been set up at the school after it underwent a deep clean."
4 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #24
zilo
BANNED

The Trump bashers will go to any lengths to discredit him, even to the point of misleading the public about the benefits of the drug.

Then there are the confused nutters who cite examples of well advanced Covid victims having adverse symptoms after taking the drug.

Yet the essential point is always missed, take the bloody thing before you get sick, not when they are pumping all sorts of crap into you cause the options have run out.

From the articles mentioned earlier, in a nut shell...

"For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with Covid," he added."

But like any investment read the prospectus, nothing is guaranteed in life.
4 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2020, 08:00 PM   #25
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
The Trump bashers will go to any lengths to discredit him, even to the point of misleading the public about the benefits of the drug.

Then there are the confused nutters who cite examples of well advanced Covid victims having adverse symptoms after taking the drug.

Yet the essential point is always missed, take the bloody thing before you get sick, not when they are pumping all sorts of crap into you cause the options have run out.

From the wacko articles mentioned earlier, in a nut shell...

"For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with Covid," he added."

I’ve fixed it for you 👍
Old 30-07-2020, 12:03 AM   #26
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
I've deliberately editted and misquoted you👍
Fixed it back for you....
Old 29-07-2020, 08:06 PM   #27
PhilT2

Quote:

From the articles mentioned earlier, in a nut shell...

This is the doctor in the Trump tweet promoting hydroxychloroquine. She can also help you with magic spells cast by witches and warlocks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnu_h4gz-O4&t=457s

We are all free to make our own judgement on who the "confused nutters" are.
Old 29-07-2020, 08:09 PM   #28
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
This is the doctor in the Trump tweet promoting hydroxychloroquine. She can also help you with magic spells cast by witches and warlocks.

And the sad thing is these Wackos and absolute nut jobs get people to believe their drivel 👎

But if it’s on the Internet, and you’re not very smart, it must be true 👍
Old 29-07-2020, 11:58 PM   #29
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post

Won't be looking at it....only nutters look at youtube videos that are over an hour long.
Old 30-07-2020, 07:56 AM   #30
PhilT2

Quote:
Won't be looking at it....only nutters look at youtube videos that are over an hour long.
You're probably right, but I don't know how much time the Trumps spend looking at her videos and i don't want to jump to conclusions.
Closed Thread