Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
rosebush

Default Just fixed acuator but now wont flash lights on locking

I just replaced the worm gear in my AU 99 ser 1 acuator as it snapped and now the doors lock well and unlock with and without my smart lock, however when locking and unlocking with the smart lock pad the lights do NOT flash anymore...I have checked the fuses inside dash and all fine....What have I done wrong anyone???
Thanks

rosebush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Cookie-XR8
SKID IT

my old mans au I ute does the same, the remote woeks but no lights, ive looked into it but havent found the cause yet

BF XR6T Ute - 422rwhp tuned by FPT Toowoomba

Where the boost junkies hang out -Forced Ford Forums
Cookie-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

speaking of problems to do with doors (sorry to hijack rose) but my car tries unlocking (when its already unlocked) three times real quick whenever you open a door, inside or outside handle, any one experienced this before?
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
rosebush

XR Cheif seems you have a buggered actuator somewhere
Old 26-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
rosebush

what controls the light that flashes when you lock and unlock anyway?
Old 26-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
speaking of problems to do with doors (sorry to hijack rose) but my car tries unlocking (when its already unlocked) three times real quick whenever you open a door, inside or outside handle, any one experienced this before?
i had this when i put a later model actuator in my au1 front passenger door. for some reason au1's have a sensor in both the front actuators to let the bem know where the locks are, i guess the one i put in didn't have it, being a later model, so the car kept cycling the locks. i pulled the internals out and changed them into the driver's door and put the good one from the driver's side into the front passenger one and it was all fine again.
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks bodes, what a pain, and i asked the bloke specifically for an AU S1 actuator, so even though the front drivers door now doesn't have the sensor it still works fine?
+rep
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #8
rosebush

i havent changed acuators only the wheel gear inside. I cant understand why its doing this still??
Old 27-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
Thanks bodes, what a pain, and i asked the bloke specifically for an AU S1 actuator, so even though the front drivers door now doesn't have the sensor it still works fine?
+rep
it read a bit weirdly, lol. my front passenger actuator crapped it, so i ripped the internals out of the driver's side and put them in there, then used the key to lock the car until i got another actuator. the one i got was apparently from a ba (came from a wrecker) but the plug was the same as the au one. i put this in my driver's door (replaced the whole actuator) and the doors would lock with the remote, but whenever you opened the door the locks would cycle.

so i ripped the new actuator apart and got the worm drive out of it and put it in my original driver's door actuator and it has worked fine since. from memory the locks would also cycle when the car was locked, like it kept trying to lock itself
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post