Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #211
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

so it will be raining on the way down??
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #212
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

It has been forcast to rain for Saturday ... but it may change though.

I will be using cruise control as much as possible ... and will not be going over the speed limit (on the GPS ... more accurate than cluster). Will have to keep Bec on a tight leash with speed on the freeway ... she tends to have a heavier foot than me and a forgetful memory when it comes to speed ... hee hee.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #213
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

hmmm will give it a quick tub anyway, hasnt been done since Canberra show : :MrT_anim:
Old 20-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #214
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe on the trip down we can sit behind Mechan1k. NSW isn't so bad, but its the police in VIC who have the zero tolerance. I imagine that we will all arrive into Yass around 9 am, so it goves up half hour start on what the original plan was.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #215
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

You guys should be right as far as speedo's. You'll have overhead thingies that will tell you what your ground speed is - will be interesting what difference the GPS will have with those gantries.

Just remember in Vic any overpass is a speed camera installation, and you'll have quite a few to remind you of where you are just before the highway turnoff at Thomastown.

It's also Double Demerit points this weekend in NSW as well so take it easy through the towns guys.
Old 20-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #216
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Default Melbourne Weather

Weather for Sunday is a predicted 17c and sunny, but where we are is shaded by trees so bring your jackets/jumpers.Don't forget to bring fold out chairs as there is limited seating.Simon and Adam you should have my mobile number if you guys need anything. :

Cheers

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #217
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunatley due to unforseen circumstances, Stiddy has pulled out. Guys, so when you get to Uncle Leo's, all that will be there is Falkeen, Chief and Mechan1k. I will me you guys at yass tommorrow morning.

Cheers

Dwayne
Old 21-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #218
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Small emergency folks. I just got a call from the hotel and because of the cancellations, he has cancelled all of it. So no of us has a room. I am in the process of looking for alternate accomodation.

I will have something arranged by tommorrow. It may mean we will have to stay on the otherside of Melbourne. i have a place in mind. Chief and Mechan1k, I don't have your number, but can you guys call me on 0400 294 633.

I will keep the same arrangements as our preferences
Old 21-04-2006, 05:21 PM   #219
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Small emergency folks. I just got a call from the hotel and because of the cancellations, he has cancelled all of it. So no of us has a room. I am in the process of looking for alternate accomodation.

I will have something arranged by tommorrow. It may mean we will have to stay on the otherside of Melbourne. i have a place in mind. Chief and Mechan1k, I don't have your number, but can you guys call me on 0400 294 633.

I will keep the same arrangements as our preferences
If you need, I can look in the yellow pages for alternatives.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #220
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
If you need, I can look in the yellow pages for alternatives.
Thanks for that. But I've spoken with a hotel at Geln Waverly who can fit us all in and I'm just waiting to hear back from another to see how we go. Appreciate the offer. Thanks
Old 21-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #221
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Plenty of room at my place guys if all else fails :

Mick

Old 21-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #222
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Mick. Appreciate the offer. We could line up yours, Adams and Simons ute and Chiefs wagon and make temporary accomodation. :

Its all sorted. Our new hotel is Rydges on Preston. It looks like a pretty good level of accomodation. Theres a PDF you can download.

http://www.rydges.com/hotel/3/RVPRES...-Melbourne.htm

Looks like we will be comfortable.

Shyte, i forgot to ask about the driveway.

I rang Easy Stay, but they didn't have what we needed. They were going to have to split us up at verious hotel locations. Thanks for your suggestion and thankyou for the offer of your place.
Old 21-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #223
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Thats a good location. Nice and close to Bell St Maccas
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #224
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Good stuff Buckie, looks real nice and comfortable, looking forward to the weekend guy's :Up_to_som

Mick

Old 21-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #225
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Dwyane .... you need a holiday man.
Nice location ... and I'd say being a Rydges hotel it'd a dead flat driveway .... seeing as it's an International hotel near the airport with caters for weddings and functions. May even get valet parking

We all must thank Buckie for the last minute run around to get us all a roof over our heads for the weekend.

The bar and restaurant look good at the hotel
Old 21-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #226
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUPRNT XR8
Weather for Sunday is a predicted 17c and sunny, but where we are is shaded by trees so bring your jackets/jumpers.Don't forget to bring fold out chairs as there is limited seating.Simon and Adam you should have my mobile number if you guys need anything. :

Cheers

Mick
Cheers for the weather update Mick.
Bec is packing the winter woolies ... and I have packed the car detailing items in a nice sealable tub ... also have packed a couple of fold-out chairs already ... and have the car fridge nicely wedged between the sub boxes and sitting ontop of the amp ... NEAT.

Ute will be equipped with so many electronic/electrical items ... I might need and upgraded alternator to keep the damn battery charged (just kidding).
Old 21-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #227
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Will be there at the Cross Roads at 6:15. See you all tomorrow

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #228
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

So anything planned for Saturday night ?
Old 22-04-2006, 07:04 AM   #229
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No probs guys. Its all worked out in the end. Lets make it a great weekend. See you all in a few hours. Of course your alredy on your way to the Corss Roads by now : Might send this message subliminally.

We don't have anything planned for tonight Goran. I think we will hit the hotel sometime around 4. Probabbly work it out along the way. Anyway my mobile is 0400 294 633.

See you guys on soon. Looking forward to it.
Old 27-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #230
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Had a great time.

What time did you guys get back to Sydney on the Monday?????
We managed to get back to Canberra that evening (was thinking about getting home ... but with one headlight working and no high beam ... we called it a night at the Novatel Canberra).

We got into Canberra at 8pm-ish.

Damn the food was huge in Melbourne ... and cheap as well ... make Sydney's restaurants look crap and over-priced.
Old 27-04-2006, 12:01 PM   #231
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Not all places are like Solfias.
I told Cheif about the place when he told me about the Hungry Jacks meal the night before and its soo close to the hotel you were staying at, all you had to do was go in the other direction and you would have found it on the Saturday night.

The food is pretty good aswell.
Old 27-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #232
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Tell me about it ... I thought it was great.
I think i put on 5kg that night ... LOL

In the city Bec and i found a nice restaurant (cos we hadn't eaten all day on the trip down ... we are not fans of Roadhouse food ... hee hee). Plus she is spoilt

And the cakes at Sofia's .... damn .... trust Adam to ask for Pavlova when they didn't have any ... hee hee.
Old 27-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #233
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
.... trust Adam to ask for Pavlova when they didn't have any ... hee hee.

well it was on the MENU!?!
Old 27-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #234
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

was it ... i didn't see it ... I wasn't looking that closely.
hee hee.

I had a foot high mountain of Gelato to try and conquer.
Old 27-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #235
chief
FTF Club Moderator

That was a lot of Gelato, and they wanted you to get one each?

Great cruise down. Highlights for me was catching you guys at Yass and the Toyota Coralla driver,

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #236
stiddy
Banned

What about me at Goulburn Chief? hahaa that was a spin out.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 08:13 AM   #237
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

You were at Goulburn .... and we missed you ... DAMN.
That bloody Corolla full of stoned idiots that couldn't keep in their own lane.
"Hey maaaan ... you headin' down to Melbourne? Can we get a lift???"

Hence why I backed off and let him go ... looked like he was being a right pain when mingling in the convoy.
Old 28-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #238
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
What about me at Goulburn Chief? hahaa that was a spin out.
yes what is the story behind this?

I was told you had lost your licence but you were behind the wheel??
Old 28-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #239
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I didn't know Stiddy had lost his licence.
Wha???
Old 02-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #240
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

OK ... a photo I found on my camera of Adam cruising down the F5 just before Mittagong from memory ..... pre-oil splatter