Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 17-06-2007, 11:07 PM   #1
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Default transition to p-plater complete....

copped a defect last night...

standing in the campus carpark we could here burnouts so we went for a drive to go look. came around a corner and the toolbox fell over in the boot and i must have done it up properly last time i used it so it spilt throughout the boot so pulled over and cleaned it up. as i shut the toolbox a car pulled up and i heard "wot are ya bogged?" looked up and its one of the local unmarked cars. i just said "no, the toolbox fell over and went everywhere as we came around the corner and im cleanin it up." so he moved forward and pulled around in a u-turn and turned the disco lights on. anyway my rears are practically slicks so he did me for 'em. didnt care about my subs, 2.5" or no rear view mirror (tho he never went near the front of the car) or the cans we chucked out the side leaking out onto the footpath. and he also gave me a $177 fine to boot and 2 days (one of which was today, a sunday) to get it fixed and presented at VicRoads. y did he fine me? it says something like 'failure of registration' or some rubbish.... and ive got 6 weeks to pay the fine. but im confused as to y i got one. i didnt think a canary could incure fines? and i thought u got more than 2 days?

so am i a fully hektik p-plater now? lol

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

join the club, some Policeman are just dropkicks. dont go and check out the burnouts- that might mean paperwork, just fine some poor **** on the side of the road cleaning his boot :

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
Schmee

I cant remember what the fine is worth, but to go with a canary they can give you a fine for driving an unroadworthy vehicle

Kev
Schmee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

yeah, ^ that could be it. a little peved tho, didnt even give me an actual canary, just the notice which i can barely read...

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Old 17-06-2007, 11:38 PM   #5
plext
Forum Director

"Use unsafe vehicle (other than a large vehicle) or use vehicle (other than a large vehicle) that has been modified or does not comply with the Regulations or standards for registration" would be the fine I'd imagine.

You seriously are surprised that you can be fined for bald tyres?

By your account, there were other things that you could have been given an unroadworthy for but you were not. Yet you still feel hard done by?

Your attitude confuses me frankly.
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by plext
"Use unsafe vehicle (other than a large vehicle) or use vehicle (other than a large vehicle) that has been modified or does not comply with the Regulations or standards for registration" would be the fine I'd imagine.

You seriously are surprised that you can be fined for bald tyres?

By your account, there were other things that you could have been given an unroadworthy for but you were not. Yet you still feel hard done by?

Your attitude confuses me frankly.
agree fully,

cartz, just cop it on the chin and dont complain about it.....think yourself lucky that your car wasnt more thoroughly searched.......

just throw some new tyres on it and be done with it....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 11:45 PM   #7
bentles
Banned

if i got a fine for having bald tyres id thank the guy for telling me cos id rather not drive with bald tyres lol
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #8
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF Futura 07
join the club, some Policeman are just dropkicks. dont go and check out the burnouts- that might mean paperwork, just fine some poor **** on the side of the road cleaning his boot :
Yes, how dare those dropkick coppers issue canaries for bald tyres.

Fact is he probably got reports of burnouts in the area, which is why he only checked the rear tyres. Funny that.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 08:42 AM   #9
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

hey im not complaining. yes the tyres are unroadworthy. i completely agree with it. and yeah im thankful that he didnt go over the whole car. just the fine (thats bigger than some speeding fines) confused me and the way i was actually pulled over i feel was contreversial along with the 2 days to have it all fixed up coz now i have to miss an afternoon of class at tafe. yeah sure its unroadworthy etc i just find 2 days, one a sunday, very short...

Old 18-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #10
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

I was pulled up for a RBT a while back in my old car.. the tyres were bald as, like you couldn't take anymore tread off the tyre thats how bald it was.. he followed me prior for about 2km i was surprised he didn't notice the rear tyres.

also my brother got a $177 for an unroadworthy vehicle, in our drive way.
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #11
james22
With da Warlords

^^^ HTF did he get booked unroadworthy in your driveway? Was he driving with the coppa's following him into your driveway?

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #12
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

there is more to the story but my brother being in the "wrong", cop knocked on door and gave him two choices impound or defect.. i think anyone would pick defect :P

in short: don't upload videos to youtube or anywhere that could land you in hot water... (even if it was chirp of the wheels as you shift in second) doesn't and won't go down to well when they get you lol.

but yeah, in short: cop knocked on door, brother received defect in our driveway.

he(the cop) was cool about it, and he made it clear he is "out to remove all "dangerous driving"" but he said the people "higher up" would expect him to get my brother on something. <-- that's similar to what he said anyway.
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #13
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtZ
hey im not complaining. yes the tyres are unroadworthy. i completely agree with it. and yeah im thankful that he didnt go over the whole car. just the fine (thats bigger than some speeding fines) confused me and the way i was actually pulled over i feel was contreversial along with the 2 days to have it all fixed up coz now i have to miss an afternoon of class at tafe. yeah sure its unroadworthy etc i just find 2 days, one a sunday, very short...
Mate you are lucky, he could of done so much worse. Would you have preffered that he did it all by the book and not let you off so easily (which is what he did). You'd be missing a lot more than an arvo of classes if he did you for everything else that he could find wrong. Yhat's not saying anything about you or your car just the fact that if he wanted to he could have found a dozen things that were "unroadworthy".
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #14
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtZ

How is that controversial?

There were burnouts in the area -> cop gets called out -> sees car on side of the road (possibly changing blown tyres??) -> car has bald tires -> defect.

Can't get more straight forward than that.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #15
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Mate you are lucky, he could of done so much worse. Would you have preffered that he did it all by the book and not let you off so easily (which is what he did). You'd be missing a lot more than an arvo of classes if he did you for everything else that he could find wrong. Yhat's not saying anything about you or your car just the fact that if he wanted to he could have found a dozen things that were "unroadworthy".
oh i dont doubt for one second i got off light.

anyway she's all fixed up now, just that $177 to part with...

Old 18-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #16
reded
ThUmPeR

hey Pat sucks to hear about the defect man and the fine too bt good thinkg you got it back on the road now,

i got defected last friday night at 11:03 for been too low lol the cop (bloody melbourne police) got his wheel stuck under my car haha! but let me off without a fine or anything, i think it was because i was suckin up his a$$ :P

so we both had defects now haha!

but sucks that the fine is there too! god luck with everything and hope ya dont egt any more defects..

cheers troy
BIG MTX sterio
OTHER:
2.5" exuast, Pacemaker extractors
K&N Flat pannel
20" Gianna wheels
Dropped on Pedders
BA Bonnet bulge
clear indicators all round
Full EL Ghia interior
reded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 01:02 AM   #17
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

too low? lol damn ssl's lol i was suckin up too he just wnted to pin someone.... im back in shepp in a couple of weeks for the school hols, hope to catchya down the lake!

Old 19-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #18
reded
ThUmPeR

yeah he said his wheel had no were to go under my car haha! but the Ultra lows are back in again lol,
ah bugger that sucks heaps! thats unlucky man,
oh ok sweet as well im always doin runs down the lake nearly every night lol nothing to do in shepp anymore.. hope to see ya soon

cheers troy
BIG MTX sterio
OTHER:
2.5" exuast, Pacemaker extractors
K&N Flat pannel
20" Gianna wheels
Dropped on Pedders
BA Bonnet bulge
clear indicators all round
Full EL Ghia interior
reded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post