Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
esky_mad

Exclamation XR8 dropping into neutral

Hey guys,

My AU2 XR8 has a strange gearbox issue, it only happens once and within a few minutes of driving the car.

I have a sharp intersection where i turn every morning on my way to work, if the light is green and i can roll through i don't seem to have the issue but if i have to stop and then take off just as i have finished turning the corner which goes on a slight incline the car jumps into neutral.

It free revs for a few seconds then grabs a gear an I'm off again, if doesn't matter how fast or slow i take it it always seems to happen now, much more so in the wet but still in the dry also.

I find it quite dangerous since the car pretty much comes to a stop and other cars are right behind me :/

I have changed the inhibitor switch to a brand new one but it still happened this afternoon on another sharpish corner i have to take on my way home.

It only does it once per drive and is fine from there.

I haven't had a chance to check the fluid yet which will be my next step but can anyone provide me with some insite ?

Cheers in advance.

esky_mad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post