Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default auto monthly deductions for vehicle registration

I just got a notice that my Ford is up for rego and Compulsory 3rd party insurance renewal, along with the notice is a notification of ability for monthly auto deductions instead of a 12 month amount.

Is anyone doing this?, what are the drawback's?, does it cost extra?.

I already pay by by "ezi-reg".

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #2
Spurious

Default Re: auto monthly deductions for vehicle registration

You sure it's a legitimate notice? I've never heard of that system of payment.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes mate it came with my renewal from ezy-reg......I had a look on the ezy-reg site and tried to sign up, got through the details and waited for my login registration number, as yet it hasn't come through.

a little about it is here http://dpti.sa.gov.au/newconnections/article?item=397

going by the notice it does cost a bit extra and is basically a "month by month" renewal.

I don't know if I will do it or not, I just thought I may be able to get some info from within these walls from those already doing it, apparently there are none doing so going by the silence.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I've never heard of it until reading this thread.

Is it a SA thing, or in other states also?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #5
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

Not auto monthly but
You can get a card from Qld transport to make payments on towards yur rego (Qld vehicle/vessel registration payment card)I did this for a few years from 1994 when I first got my licence. Pretty sure it is still available

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 12:21 AM   #6
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis View Post
Not auto monthly but
You can get a card from Qld transport to make payments on towards yur rego (Qld vehicle/vessel registration payment card)I did this for a few years from 1994 when I first got my licence. Pretty sure it is still available
Interesting, il have to look into that, might make forking out $1000 a year a little more bearable if I don't have to see it all disappear at once.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 01:33 AM   #7
BHDOGS
Banned

Its a south Australia initiative so far i wouldn't bother as i pay every 3 months anway as for price this is all i could find

Is there a cost?

There is a monthly administration fee when paying for your light vehicle registration by direct debit. An administration fee applies to all registration renewals. Your financial institution may also apply other fees for supplying a direct debit service.

If you previously paid your light vehicle registration quarterly, paying by direct debit will be slightly cheaper.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 AM   #8
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

yeah we'll be looking into it in the new year'
picked up a flyer off the counter when we changed the rego over on the xb and xh
just had a quick look for it and bugger me i cant find the thing

didnt sound that bad, few rules to set it up
think the car has to have at least a months reg left on it before you sign up to do it etc
pop into motor reg
they had yellow fliers on the counters explaining it all
i know once you are set up they send u an sms a few days before they take the money out to warn you its coming out
i think if you dont have the money in the account it can all go pear shaped
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #9
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats what I foresaw as well, default a payment and the vehicle is not registered, won't affect me but I can see problems for some.

I don't reckon I will proceed with it, I have 2 trailer's, a caravan plus two cars to do......

I can't even get past the "sign up" stage, problem with ezy-reg's website so I don't know if I could trust the deduction side to keep up the deductions.