Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 06-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Mugwump
Starter Motor

Default MB ZETEC TCDI - Used - worth buying?

Hi -( forgive my ignorance) -- wondering whether to purchase used mondeo.- 2009 MB Zetec TDCI (Done 30,000Km) for $30k driveaway Are they reliable? anything to look out for? Is that a good price? The ones i have seen have are "Ex-Ford" vehicles, what does that mean? Any help appreciated

Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Ex Ford means they used it as a fleet car, which could mean lots of things.

1) An employee had it as part of their package to drive home every night.
2) It was used for Testing / Quality Assurance.
3) It was the morning tea collection vehicle for head office,
4) One of the managers wifes drove it as part of his package.

Probably a bit expensive benig an 09 with those kms.. you can buy new diesels for about 35k (2009 plate old diesel / gearbox).

Have you had a look on carsales?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
yelpir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwump
Hi -( forgive my ignorance) -- wondering whether to purchase used mondeo.- 2009 MB Zetec TDCI (Done 30,000Km) for $30k driveaway Are they reliable? anything to look out for? Is that a good price? The ones i have seen have are "Ex-Ford" vehicles, what does that mean? Any help appreciated
I drive a 2008 MA Zetec (petrol) and for me, it is a great drive, I understand the diesel drives better. Both petrol and diesel Mondeos are very good cars. I also bought an Ex Ford with 22K on the clock, now 47K, smooth sailing.
The price, too high! You can get a better deal. Carsales.com.au is very good. There are a few others line carsguide.com.au, drive.com.au. Best of luck
yelpir is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
jellybaby
Starter Motor

I bought a Mondeo MB Zetec 2009 Wagon(petrol) with 3000km for 30k, including tinted windows and towbar. Very reliable and economical to drive.
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwump
Offer them $26,999 take it or leave it if its anything like mine the diesel will now be at its best amazing engine loves the open road

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #6
Mugwump
Starter Motor

Default THanks for assistance

thanks for replies

looking at one now on carsales. $29k for 20,000kms

so i get the sense reliabilty is good generally and good on the open road
Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post