Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 31-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #31
99_FGT
Starter Motor

A certain ford dealer in Brisbane it seems just slugged the lease company $350 for the 3000k service. Regardless of who is paying, that ain't on in my book. If Ford don't think that their car will make it to 15thou without a service, then why on earth would youu buy it!
Didn't fix the air con... Said there was nothing wrong with it.
That and they rang up at 1 saying they were closing at 1:30 - neglected to mention that when it was booked in.
Oh, and it didn't get washed...
Sincerely,
grumpy
99_FGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #32
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_FGT
A certain ford dealer in Brisbane it seems just slugged the lease company $350 for the 3000k service. Regardless of who is paying, that ain't on in my book. If Ford don't think that their car will make it to 15thou without a service, then why on earth would youu buy it!
Didn't fix the air con... Said there was nothing wrong with it.
That and they rang up at 1 saying they were closing at 1:30 - neglected to mention that when it was booked in.
Oh, and it didn't get washed...
Sincerely,
grumpy
Try a different dealer for your air con - it is a warranty call.
I had to ring two dealers before they would look at it without charging me a fee.
The second dealer said they tested the system, found it low on gas and then checked to make sure no leaks.
Having just driven in 38degrees plus for the past two hours, I know the air con is working well!
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #33
Katoomba

Anyone got their aircon regassed at Sinclair Ford Penrith under warranty?

My aircon has been woeful on the few hot days of Summer so far.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #34
ian b

Got my A/C done at Power Ford Castle Hill under warranty. No arguments when I raised it as an issue, they just did it.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #35
Katoomba

Thanks, Ian.

Mine's booked in for next Wednesday for the 30k. The service dept claim they've never had a complaint about Mondeo a/c nor anything from Ford about it. However, they have agreed to check it out.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #36
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tell ya what Katoomba,I'm gunna ring Sinclair Penrith tomorrow or Tues and tell them my air cond is crap ask them to look at it. Get it booked in.

So if they tell you on weds when you drop the car in the "nobody else has mentioned it" you can tell them you got a mate in springwood who has complained and has car his booked in. snookered

I got a short list of w/tee jobs i want them to look at.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #37
Katoomba

Good one, B77. _2:

Cheers, Ron ...
Old 11-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #38
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian b
Got my A/C done at Power Ford Castle Hill under warranty. No arguments when I raised it as an issue, they just did it.
`

And.............. any difference!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #39
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
`

And.............. any difference!

apstar

Geez ... I never thought to ask that! /slaps head
Old 11-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #40
ian b

Yes, much colder after the regas.

After the early problems that I had they would have been foolish to return it to me in any other condition.

I am booked in on Friday for the water in boot issue, plus respray of the rear bumper where the hatch lid has rubbed away the paint due to a slight mis-alignment, the latter issue again sorted through warranty.

I will provide an update on the water in boot issue.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #41
Katoomba

Thanks, Ian.

Now I just hope they fix my a/c under warranty.
Old 14-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #42
Katoomba

The 30,000 was done today and cost $264.00. It included a recall computer update (don't know what it was but the serviceman said it's not something I would not be aware of). Was advised the front pads will have to be replaced at the 60k service. No complaints about the work or the service. Is there a reason they don't rotate or balance wheels at each service? I have always had my cars serviced at Kmart and these sort of things are standard:

http://www.ktas.com.au/service-and-r...servicing.aspx

The a/c was found to be under-gassed and was re-gassed under warranty.

I drove down to the dealers at 1pm this arvo in my 2000 Laser in which the a/c has never been serviced, it got so cold my son and I had to turn it down.

When I left dealer's the Mondeo outside temp gauge read 45C and varied between this and 40C on the 45" trip home. The car had also been parked in the sun and was very, very hot - I couldn't touch the steering wheel. I thought this would be a good test of the a/c and guess what? It failed, it just seemed to be blowing coolish air but not cold - the setting was 16C with full fan! I was halfway home and was half-tempted to take the car back but I had no way of getting home if I did that. Anyway I persisted and about 10" from home it started to feel colder but at no time could I say it was cold. And if I directed the air to both feet and face, I lost what little cooling I could feel.

As I said today's temp was a real test of a/c but I'm firmly convinced the Mondeo a/c is just not good enough for Aussie summers. It's made worse by the lack of rear seat outlets - don't know what it would have been like with passengers on board.

Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter but if it doesn't feel colder on the next 'cooler' days, it's going right back.
Old 14-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #43
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Yes, much colder after the regas.

After the early problems that I had they would have been foolish to return it to me in any other condition.

I am booked in on Friday for the water in boot issue, plus respray of the rear bumper where the hatch lid has rubbed away the paint due to a slight mis-alignment, the latter issue again sorted through warranty.

I will provide an update on the water in boot issue.

have they agreed to fix thw water in the boot issue. im taking mine in this friday for the water in the boot and my aircon.
Old 14-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #44
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoomba
The 30,000 was done today and cost $264.00. It included a recall computer update (don't know what it was but the serviceman said it's not something I would not be aware of). Was advised the front pads will have to be replaced at the 60k service. No complaints about the work or the service. Is there a reason they don't rotate or balance wheels at each service? I have always had my cars serviced at Kmart and these sort of things are standard:

http://www.ktas.com.au/service-and-r...servicing.aspx

The a/c was found to be under-gassed and was re-gassed under warranty.

I drove down to the dealers at 1pm this arvo in my 2000 Laser in which the a/c has never been serviced, it got so cold my son and I had to turn it down.

When I left dealer's the Mondeo outside temp gauge read 45C and varied between this and 40C on the 45" trip home. The car had also been parked in the sun and was very, very hot - I couldn't touch the steering wheel. I thought this would be a good test of the a/c and guess what? It failed, it just seemed to be blowing coolish air but not cold - the setting was 16C with full fan! I was halfway home and was half-tempted to take the car back but I had no way of getting home if I did that. Anyway I persisted and about 10" from home it started to feel colder but at no time could I say it was cold. And if I directed the air to both feet and face, I lost what little cooling I could feel.

As I said today's temp was a real test of a/c but I'm firmly convinced the Mondeo a/c is just not good enough for Aussie summers. It's made worse by the lack of rear seat outlets - don't know what it would have been like with passengers on board.

Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter but if it doesn't feel colder on the next 'cooler' days, it's going right back.
Well I dont like the sounds of this I hope it gets fix for you. My wife is getting her new Mondeo in a few weeks so I REALLY hope there is no problems with it. I'm happy with the 6sp auto performance no dogy shifts.
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #45
ian b

Booking for paint repair is now rescheduled for next Wednesday 21st for 3 days, hoping to get them to investigate the water in boot issue afterwards when I collect.

As for the A/C in the warm weather today I set the controls to "LO" and auto and although not as cold initially as my previous Falcons the cabin temperature did drop to a comfortable level.

I left Blackheath at 5.15 and the car was comfortable by the time I got to Leura, about 15mins later which bearing in mind that I could barely hold the wheel when I set off didn't seem too bad an effort.

(I suppose the level of satisfaction with the A/C will always vary from person to person depending upon how cold you want the cabin to be. If I wanted to drive round in a fridge I would put wheels on the Fisher Paykel.)

It seemed that the system set itself to recirculate the air in the cabin rather than try to cool down the hot air from outside. Fan speed seemed to be in the middle of the setting range. If you were to leave the system on "Manual" "A/C On" with the fan at full speed but draw hot air from ouside in it is always going to be less effective than recooling the recirculated cooler air from within the cabin.

It would be interesting to find out if the A/C in other "euro market" cars exported to Australia have the same issues.
Old 14-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #46
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We had a 2002 astra and when we wanted to you could have frost building up in your nostrills.
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 09:57 AM   #47
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
have they agreed to fix thw water in the boot issue. im taking mine in this friday for the water in the boot and my aircon.
I will be interested to hear how you go with the water problem: when I mention it my dealer's service people always shake their head and say they've never heard of it despite the fact that I've specified it as a fault at each service.
Old 15-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #48
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITO
We had a 2002 astra and when we wanted to you could have frost building up in your nostrills.
I've had a few cars like that too.

I'm waiting for a day without this 40C weather as I'm concerned that in the re-gassing they've actually made the a/c worse. I'm sorry I didn't turn around yesterday and take the car back.

I always use recirc when the air is on.
Old 15-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #49
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITO
Well I dont like the sounds of this I hope it gets fix for you. My wife is getting her new Mondeo in a few weeks so I REALLY hope there is no problems with it. I'm happy with the 6sp auto performance no dogy shifts.
The Mondeo is a great car and I would have no hesitation in buying another tomorrow if the god of Lotto smiled on me.

I've had mine since March last year and the only two problems in that time have been what I consider inefficient a/c and the hatch water leak.

Others will know better but I think I've read here that the water leak has been fixed on more recent builds.
Old 15-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #50
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

Hi guys. I was driving around in the same hot conditons yesterday with the Mrs and 2 kids. Outside temperature peaked at 42 degrees. I didn't have to adjust the a/c at all, just left it on it's usual full auto setting of 22 degrees. It did what it needed to do. No complaints from the passengers. I would hope that Ford service have a way of definitively checking a/c temp, thereby removing all subjectivity.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #51
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very interesting guys.
I too have luke warm air cond and water in boot (of course) as well as water in both front doors! I rang Sinclairs on Tuesday, its booked in for next Tuesday.

I have a feeling Im just going to have to get used to sweating and half opening boot.

Nice car, just not weather proof!
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #52
Dusty1
Giddy up!

It's been hot here in Melb too. I don't think the A/C is anything too flash, but it's not as bad as some I've been in. I've read on the Euro site that some people are complaining about the heater, but they don't have a problem with the A/C, so it's up to the individual I suppose.

I drive with the sunroof tilted open and leave it like that when parked too (not in shopping centres or car parks), and that helps to get the car cool. I've also got two seperate foldy windscreen covers things for the dash, and whenever I park it, these go on. Once that dash gets hot, it's pretty hard to cool it, and I think this is part of the problem. (The best cover I had was an old white sheet, that I used to cover the outside of the windscreen of my HT Kingswood with - that worked a treat!)

I'd like the A/C a bit colder, and I can get air into the rear by selecting the foot button on the climate control. I reckon the auto function only blows air out of the dash vents and no where else, and if you want to get air into the rear you need to select the 'foot' option.

My $0.02.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #53
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Quote:
...plus respray of the rear bumper where the hatch lid has rubbed away the paint due to a slight mis-alignment...
Just had mine booked in for the same thing, in 3 weeks time... centre of the hatch, near the lock, is rubbing a mark in the top of the bumper, and now the corners of the hatch have also started rubbing (below the taillights).

First reported weeks ago, dealer took photos which Ford rejected, so I had to go back for another photoshoot on the weekend.

Ford have now accepted the claim and I'm booked in, will take 3-4 days apparently. Getting a loan car but may have to pay for a day of it, 'for insurance purposes'... hmm still considering whether I'll swallow that.

Didn't buy a $45k car for it to scratch itself...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #54
ian b

keep an eye on the rubbing as mine came back, need to be booked in again when I get time. (& if I keep the car)

I bought some clear plastic pads to stick on the bumper and hatch to stop it getting worse, which looks to have had the desired effect. Can't be seen from outside so seems to be a good fix.

Might be worth a trip to Bunnings when you have the car returned.

Last edited by ian b; 28-09-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling
ian b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #55
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Thanks for the info Ian. Did they mention if they adjusted the hatch hinges or latch at all? Surely they would fix the cause, not just the symptoms...? Or am I expecting too much?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #56
warren77

Mine has had the hinges adjusted.
Issue has still returned.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #57
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have my car in today overnight for the rear bar to be resprayed under warranty. sinclair ford at penrith took the car to a panel shop and had the alignment of the tailgate adjusted 2 weeks ago. i believe they adjusted the hinges and also moved the rubber stoppers on the sides (the ones that are pop rivetted). been monitoring it and it looks to be sorted, so now having the bar resprayed. picking it up tomorrow...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #58
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Urgh ours is rubbing too..

Dont know if i can be bothered fixing it.. Will only keep it 3 - 4 years.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #59
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

two XR5 forum members i know just did the vinyl patch fix on the three points that seem to rub. i might still do this myself after the respray. easier to replace a scuffed vinyl patch than respray the bar again...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #60
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Mine has this as well. Near the locking mechanism, and based on the trouble I had with the 45K service (replaced all four mats, but not a single clip on my spats), I won't worry about it.

It's also coming up on three years in January, and the new MC Titanium wagon looks like a good alternative for me.

Or something else I haven't decided on yet.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post