Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 10-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
YGOSLO
REVENGE

Default Diff Problems

I have sold my BA GT ( which I sold privately) and ordered the new BF GT. My old GT with 10,000 km would not pass a road worthy because of a oil leaking from the diff and it use to glunk like big time. Apparently there is a recall on some diffs because of assembly problems, can anyone spread some light on this issue as it is only associated to BAs. A friend of mine with a XR8 has all sorts of strange noises coming from his diff and Bryant Byrt Ford said it was normal from this model.

Your comments would be appreciated.

YGOSLO

YGOSLO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 12:10 AM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

BF AUTO OR MANUAL?

Shouldnt have any diff associated issues with an AUTO, but im still skeptical of even the six speed manuals, so perhaps you should get an AUTO if your not already and are concerned about diff related issues.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 10:55 PM   #3
sando
Starter Motor

I have just had the diff in my BA XR6 manual (50,000 K) replaced by Denmac. It sounded like an old Toyota 4X4. It used to clunk and make all sorts of noises.
sando is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #4
YGOSLO
REVENGE

Default Diff Problems

Sando!

So did they fix the problem under warranty and mention that there were quite a few diff problems related to the BAs, or tried to hush the problem like the gear boxes noises that had a recall on.

Regards

YGOSLO
YGOSLO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 10:47 PM   #5
Mick Molloy
EX Holden Man

I just test drove an XR6 Turbo Auto at pacific ford today.... and before I drove out of the yard the salesman said the diff was going to be replaced under warranty by ford as it had a clunk... back lash issues... and yes when you broke it clunked and then again on first acceleration, also a bit of vibration at speed..... he said it was an issue with some diff's and ford were sending up a new centre...
Mick Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post