Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Convers+ Updates

Hi All,

Has anyone locally been able to do one of the Convers+ Updates as per the following link; http://www.talkford.com/topic/154824...ersions/page-4

There is a member; Mondeonz who has been able to get this done.
I have sent a Pm, was wondering if he is on this site also?

Or has anyone else had a chance to look at this?

My local dealer (Q Ford Browns Plains) put it in the too hard basket!
But I really want to get it done, so if I can source a dealership that has done it, Q Ford will contact them to get it done! They are a very helpful dealership!!!

Old 15-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
mas89

Default Re: Convers+ Updates

the clock would be nice and the temp gauge will be very handy,,. mine is due next week for it 60k service. I will try and ask the ford dealership I go to.
Old 15-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas89 View Post
the clock would be nice and the temp gauge will be very handy,,. mine is due next week for it 60k service. I will try and ask the ford dealership I go to.
Let me know if you have any luck!
Old 23-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

My MC Zetec has to go in for an oil leak fix on Monday. Have inquired re the update but my dealer (Torque Ford, Brendale) don't seem to be aware of it either. Their Service manager is going to look into it apparently.

Will let you know the outcome.
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros5co View Post
My MC Zetec has to go in for an oil leak fix on Monday. Have inquired re the update but my dealer (Torque Ford, Brendale) don't seem to be aware of it either. Their Service manager is going to look into it apparently.

Will let you know the outcome.
Let us know how you go with Torque Ford!
I took the car back to Q Ford yesterday for another try and they said once again they could not do it.
Now I rung a number of local dealers today and they have all put it in the too hard basket due to liability of something goes wrong...seriously!

What will it take to do a software / firmware update on the cluster!!!

Maybe I will contact Ford Customer Service and see what they can do...
Old 24-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Contacting Ford Customer Service and registering a problem does gee-up the dealers to get action. Lack of product knowledge by the manufacturer for vehicles still under warranty is inexcusable.

You could also print off all the required details of where to find the update, then there can be no excuse to not do it.

That said, some dealers are much much better than others, and go out of their way to look after customers (like the one I bought my XR5 from, .....located interstate).
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been informed that a dealership in Perth WA is / has done this before...

I am really trying hard to get this update, yet to call Ford direct yet though...

I will continue my pursuit!
Old 29-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Had my vehicle in yesterday as reported. The supposed oil leak turned out to be a leak from the fuel sensor, so is deisel & not oil. As usual am waiting for a part to come up from Melbourne to be fitted. Hopefully won't take over a month like I had to wait for a new indicator stalk earlier in the year.

Anyway re the convers+ they said they spent some considerable time trying to chase it up for me but could find no detail on it. I had mentioned the dealer at Osborne Park in Perth supposedly did the one we know about but they obviously didn't check with them.
Regardless Ford Aust should be making all dealers aware of what's available. My dealer said that nothing showed up as an update for the vehicle.

Have to wait & see what happens further down the track I guess.

Cheers,

Ross
Old 03-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the dealer call on Friday to remind me to book for a service, which had already been doe at an independent (local UltraTune). He asked why and I advised that as it was a straight service, the independent was closer & cheaper.
Asked what they could do to improve, I stated that the Mondeo was always on 'orphan' & things like Convers updates were never carried out (& often told incorrectly that they were NOT available) and the general understanding of the 'servicing' of these cars was poor among dealers.
Hope it does some good.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #10
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Had the fuel sensor switch changed on Friday but no mention of the Converse+ update.

Considering ringing the Perth dealer to quizz them on it.

Cheers,

Ross
Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #11
hangfire

hi all

we bought our zetec mondeo wagon in august, would it be in need of a software update?
how can i tell if it is out of date?
Old 05-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
hangfire

well i worked out how to check the version and it was 1412 so i doubt that there is an update for me :(
shame as my android phone is having a rubbish time connecting via bluetooth

Last edited by hangfire; 05-11-2013 at 10:22 PM.
hangfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
mondeonz
Starter Motor

Just to touch base...I'm on this Forum too (not as often as on TalkFord).
Been in touch w ope126 via PM on TF on this issue....

I can confirm that LynFord in Osborne Park (Perth) have done update on my Converse+ at no cost during one of the regular vehicle check-ups.
They also updated engine PCM firmware on my wife's 2012 LWII Focus, no cost again.

Even though I didn't buy either of my Fords from them, I have nothing but praises for Lynford service department; they look after me really, really well.

I wish I could say the same for their sales guys.....it wasn't for the lack of trying on my part to buy a car from them...
mondeonz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #14
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

G'day Mondeonz,

Your post just confirms how frustrating it is having these vehicles serviced/maintained by the local Ford network.

To have my local dealer (who is quite large) say that there is no data available re the Converse+ & others also in Brisbane confirming it really makes you lose faith in how interested Ford really is in having this range in their line up.

I don't doubt the word of my local dealer however why is it that he can't get any info from Ford HO & yet the dealer in Osborne Park can? Makes you wonder really, particularly when the new Mondeo is supposedly going to replace the current Falcon in the not too distant future.

When I get time I'm seriously considering contacting Ford HO to express ny concern.

Not only is there this issue but when I first got the vehicle the OAT guage was stuck on 64 deg so I dropped back into the dealer to have it looked out. Three hours later they said they finally found where the unit was (their manual had it placed in a totally different spot, so shows they are not even supplied with up to date workshop manuals) & just short of emailing the factory in Belgium they finally found it & replaced it with one off a car on the showroom floor.

Earlier this year I had to replace a faulty indicator stalk which kept coming on intermittently on the left hand side. Quite dangerous really so I had to be quite vigilant everytime it came on that no body pulled out in front of me thinking I was turning left. I was able to nullify it by holding the stalk slightly the other way but was difficult to do while trying to steer at the same time. This took two visits & a wait of about four weeks to have the part delivered & fixed.

Had a call from a nice lady from Ford shortly after my last service asking if everything had gone well. To this I replied yes however mentioned the issue with the indicator stalk. She replied it was very odd that these & other components should fail as they come from the same location as Porsche. She said her previous job was with Porsche spares or something like that & confirmed the Mondeo parts where from the same manufacturer. To be honest I wouldn't doubt it as all the switches in the vehicle do feel of top quality. Anyway she said she'd look into it & email me the outcome. Still yet to receive that email!

Had the plastic surround around the gear shift lever base lift & when replaced (after ordering in, they hold very little spares for this vehicle in stock) I now have a rubbing sound when changing gears manually that I'm certain wasn't there previously. I've tried to fix this myself but been unsuccessfull so far.

Took about four visits before the Sony Entertainment head was replaced due to fuzzing & speaker drop outs. This still happens occasionaly so I gather the head unit wasn't the problem. Appears it might be an issue with the AM reception of these models.

Anyway end of rant but I just thought I'd mention these things as I'm quite frustrated with Ford whenever something needs looking at with this vehile. I had ongoing problems with my two previous Fairmonts & thought I'd get away from that by bying a European built vehicle. The finish & equipment level such as switches etc seem far superior to my previous Fords however the niggling annoyances seem to continue for me with this brand.

Cheers,

Ross
Old 23-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
mondeonz
Starter Motor

@ Ros5co

I drove Mondeo Mk3 in Europe and there are as many of them over there as there are Falcons over here. Same can be said for Mk4 too (Focus I won't even mention).
Meaning there is plenty of spare parts and mechanics are familiar with them.
Due to the volume, such cars a staple of Ford service centers, hence the dealers are trained and equipped to work on those cars, and in most cases are quite good.

Over here, EU made Fords (Mondeo's especially) are as rare as hen's teeth.
My thinking is that Ford dealers here can not (will not) afford to train or equip their service centers to deal with the small numbers they sell. Change oil & filers, charge an arm and a leg for that works on any model.....once you have to do something more serious though.....

I'd say Ford gives all of their dealer equal opportunity when it comes to training and access to specialized tools, so the only explanation I have is the level of interest expressed by the dealer.

None the less, if they sell even one car they should have to support is same as the model that sells in thousands - or not sell it at all. So, no excuses for poor service on Mondeos.

Once EU Fords become more numerous on OZ roads, dealer knowledge and service will inevitably improve....until then, we are destined to solve our own problems on forums like this one, TF, etc. and battle with dealers who don't have a clue what they are doing.
mondeonz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post