Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
That's also the country that sprayed migrant workers with bleach and was beating people with sticks for being out of their houses

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/engl...id-19-lockdown
And don't forget the forced sterilizations....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Em..._sterilization

It is breathtakingly astounding how determined some of you are to convince us of how ignorant and stupid you are.

That's a terrible sentence but I'm going to leave it there.

It is nothing short of hilarious reading your regurgitation of the ABC's America/Wealth/Catholic/White/Heterosexual hating propaganda.

I do not love America but I obviously know a lot more about the place than a lot of you do. You believe the utter garbage the media present ? Go overseas and look back over your shoulder at how we look to everyone else on the planet. OUR government, OUR tourists, OUR extremists, OUR businesses.

Understand their health system before you slag it off. Understand their motivation for their politics before you slag it off. Understand the cultural variations across the country before you lump them all in together. Are they perfect ? No. Are we ?? f no. They do things differently to us, some are better some worse mostly they are just different, as different as the French or the Norwegians.

Educating yourselves does not mean watching fing TV docos or reading opinions on SM.

Last edited by guzzis3; 03-05-2020 at 06:05 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 06:17 PM   #2
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
And don't forget the forced sterilizations....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Em..._sterilization

It is breathtakingly astounding how determined some of you are to convince us of how ignorant and stupid you are.

It is nothing short of hilarious reading your regurgitation of the ABC's America/Wealth/Catholic/White/Heterosexual hating propaganda.

I do not love America but I obviously know a lot more about the place than a lot of you do. You believe the utter garbage the media present ? Go overseas and look back over your shoulder at how we look to everyone else on the planet. OUR government, OUR tourists, OUR extremists, OUR businesses.

Understand their health system before you slag it off. Understand their motivation for their politics before you slag it off. Understand the cultural variations across the country before you lump them all in together. Are they perfect ? No. Are we ?? f no. They do things differently to us, some are better some worse mostly they are just different, as different as the French or the Norwegians.

Educating yourselves does not mean watching fing TV docos or reading opinions on SM.

Now that’s a rant! I had to wipe the rabid foam from my glasses

Not sure I understood a word of it but world class nonetheless. Points deducted for not mentioning Nazis, but 9/10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
6 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 06:27 PM   #3
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

What’s up with Sweden (did I hear you ask).

Depending on who you ask, they are either fools or they’re prepared to look death in the eye (alcohol is optional)!

The truth seems to be...

There is no provision in the Swedish constitution that allows the imposition of a state of emergency during peacetime crisis. There are, however, provisions to do so if there is a war. As coronavirus is a health crisis and is not literally a war, Sweden cannot impose a state of emergency.

https://www.foreigner.fi/articulo/co...308005498.html
Old 04-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #4
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Now that’s a rant! I had to wipe the rabid foam from my glasses

Not sure I understood a word of it but world class nonetheless. Points deducted for not mentioning Nazis, but 9/10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'll take that. I agree I missed the Nazis, but I'm always of 2 minds. Haven't they been done to death ? And I can't channel Trump, there is SO MUCH TRUMP already.

I did slip in "regurgitating ABC commies" though...
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 07:48 PM   #5
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post

This from the guy who pulled me up about resorting to name calling recently, hypocrite.
This user likes this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 08:13 PM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I think the whole thing was dreamed up by a Kool-Aid drinking, virtue-signaling strawman in a gaslit echo chamber of his mother’s basement.
3 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 08:47 AM   #7
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Facebook app: "We want to track where you go, what you buy, what other apps you have on your phone, who you talk to, what you click on, and who you're related to or friends with, and also bombard you with targeted advertisements based on algorithms so sublty sophisticated you'll think your phone is listening to you. In return, we'll let you share ****ty cat memes or read 'news' articles written by flat-earthers"

Everyone: SIGN ME UP

Government: "We'd like you to download this app so that we can track anonymised data that will help stop the spread of coronavirus"

Everyone: SOURCE CODE OR GTFO

Old 03-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #8
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Facebook app: "We want to track where you go, what you buy, what other apps you have on your phone, who you talk to, what you click on, and who you're related to or friends with, and also bombard you with targeted advertisements based on algorithms so sublty sophisticated you'll think your phone is listening to you. In return, we'll let you share ****ty cat memes or read 'news' articles written by flat-earthers"

Government: "We'd like you to download this app so that we can track anonymised data that will help stop the spread of coronavirus"

So many iwords I don't understand here FGS. I still play my music on records...
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #9
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

An argument seen a lot, however fb and the like can't/don't

put people in jail
data match with the tax office data
data match with centrelink data
data match with state/territory licence (and face image) data
data match the meta-data they have forced telephone companies to collect and store
share with other governments

and other nefarious purposes that only bureaucrats can dream up.....for your safety of course, government love mission creep.

Considering the app can't monitor asymptomatic contagion where infection can be 20-100 times known infections, its a waste of time anyway.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 12:25 PM   #10
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipping View Post
An argument seen a lot, however fb and the like can't/don't

put people in jail
data match with the tax office data
data match with centrelink data
data match with state/territory licence (and face image) data
data match the meta-data they have forced telephone companies to collect and store
share with other governments

and other nefarious purposes that only bureaucrats can dream up.....for your safety of course, government love mission creep.

Considering the app can't monitor asymptomatic contagion where infection can be 20-100 times known infections, its a waste of time anyway.
Silly sausage Gov-mint already does all that with legitimate systems backed by legislation but I don't see you out on the street with a pitchfork and placard?

At the end of the day, if people are of a deep-stater/vaxer/anti-govmint mind-set then there's no argument that will change their mind
5 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #11
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Silly sausage Gov-mint already does all that with legitimate systems backed by legislation but I don't see you out on the street with a pitchfork and placard?

At the end of the day, if people are of a deep-stater/vaxer/anti-govmint mind-set then there's no argument that will change their mind
What app currently goes back to a government agency that allows them to track my whereabouts and who I was with?

Is there another app that the gov can update to add further features?
3 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 01:00 PM   #12
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
We can’t all just download our opinion out of the ABC news anchors mouth each night.

I assume your still sitting at home thinking gee wiz how unlucky are we to have had a bat virus transmit cross species in a fish market with no bats..

And then China to have been unaware of human to human transmission as they started shutting down travel across the country due to a random pneumonia as they started suppressing their state media, but decided not to inconvenience their citizens whom they show endless respect to by allowing them to travel to every major capital of the world.

Nah, I’m sure ABC and others would be all over this from the get go with their amazing investigative journos if anything suspicious was going on.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #13
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
We can’t all just download our opinion out of the ABC news anchors mouth each night.

I assume your still sitting at home thinking gee wiz how unlucky are we to have had a bat virus transmit cross species in a fish market with no bats..

And then China to have been unaware of human to human transmission as they started shutting down travel across the country due to a random pneumonia as they started suppressing their state media, but decided not to inconvenience their citizens whom they show endless respect to by allowing them to travel to every major capital of the world.

Nah, I’m sure ABC and others would be all over this from the get go with their amazing investigative journos if anything suspicious was going on.
We get The Australian, SMH and AFR on the weekends. Alternate Telegraph and SMH during the week. Watch ABC, 7, Al Jazeera, BBC, 9 but not 10 'cause rubbish station.

I find that a balanced media diet frees my mind from a predetermined position where I fly off the handle when someone presents an argument that I don't agree with. You should try it
Old 03-05-2020, 03:06 PM   #14
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:

What we need in this thread is a big SARCASM sign for when people post tongue in cheek stuff.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 04:12 PM   #15
prydey
Rob

Quote:

In this age of connectivity and internet it would be virtually impossible to pull off some kind of conspiracy like people are suggesting China have done and then be able to keep it quiet all while fooling every expert that studies it.

Of all the experts that have studied this virus genetic code how many have come to the conclusion that it is man made or synthetic? Perhaps they have all been silenced?

It doesn't matter to the general populations of the countries around the world where the virus originated. We have it here so we just have to deal with it.

Questioning how the virus started or how it managed to be spread around doesn't make it any less real.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:32 PM   #16
knight rider
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Two wrongs don't make a right, your mum should have taught you that

No one's likes that about FB Google and lot so why like the Gov app and problem with the Gov app is Gov not the app, what they say and what they do is two different things. I have no plans of downloading it for now will see how well it goes for a bit first
Old 03-05-2020, 03:11 PM   #17
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight rider View Post

No one's likes that about FB Google and lot so why like the Gov app and problem with the Gov app is Gov not the app, what they say and what they do is two different things. I have no plans of downloading it for now will see how well it goes for a bit first
Shouldn't you be out fishing or something?
Old 03-05-2020, 03:16 PM   #18
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yeah, but I see it as one wrong and one right. Mum was a teacher and taught me to make up my own mind
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 05:05 PM   #19
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yeah, but I see it as one wrong and one right. Mum was a teacher and taught me to make up my own mind
Here’s the thing, I listen to smart people.

I listen to my family, educated friends, and public people I respect.

In general, the simple answer is the correct one.

Dumb people, and wackos spew conspiracy theories.

There are no conspiracies, just wackos that put them on the internet.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 09:07 AM   #20
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The app won't work on me because I don't stand still for 15 Minutes but everyone else should download it.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #21
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia recorded 16 new cases yesterday but no deaths so the CMR dropped to 1.371% and the active case percentage dropped to 13.3%.

New Zealand had 6 new cases and one death so the CMR rises to 1.347% while active cases drops to 14.1%.

The UK was under 5k new cases and just over 600 deaths so the CMR improved slightly to 15.435% but active cases climbed to 84.3%.

The USA had more than 36,000 new cases but under 2,000 deaths so both the CMR and active case percentage improved to 5.814% and 79.9% respectively. The USA now has almost a third of all cases globally (33.29%) and more than a quarter of the death toll (27.5%).

Europe is probably going to pass the 1.5M case mark by early next week and while a lot of countries are gaining ground, some continue to struggle.

Around Australia, NSW had 5 new cases, Victoria 7 and Queensland had 1 but the NT, which hadn't had a case in 25 days, recorded 2 new cases.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #22
knight rider
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Australia recorded 16 new cases yesterday but no deaths so the CMR dropped to 1.371% and the active case percentage dropped to 13.3%.

New Zealand had 6 new cases and one death so the CMR rises to 1.347% while active cases drops to 14.1%.

The UK was under 5k new cases and just over 600 deaths so the CMR improved slightly to 15.435% but active cases climbed to 84.3%.

The USA had more than 36,000 new cases but under 2,000 deaths so both the CMR and active case percentage improved to 5.814% and 79.9% respectively. The USA now has almost a third of all cases globally (33.29%) and more than a quarter of the death toll (27.5%).

Europe is probably going to pass the 1.5M case mark by early next week and while a lot of countries are gaining ground, some continue to struggle.

Around Australia, NSW had 5 new cases, Victoria 7 and Queensland had 1 but the NT, which hadn't had a case in 25 days, recorded 2 new cases.

I think the most telling thing from all that is that NT can go 25days with no new known cases but than get two. The number of actual cases would appear to be way higher, maybe as high as 200% more or even higher.

How many people would even bother getting tested if they had very little to no symptoms? Lots!! so there lies the problem and as more restrictions come off we will just see the numbers rise again and no app is going to stop that as much as the Gov wants everyone to have it - but I guess they will at least have an excuse if the numbers do rise
The other problem is as we all get over hearing about this people will be even less likely to bother with solical distancing and also getting checked so rinse and repeat off we go again
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #23
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
I think the most telling thing from all that is that NT can go 25days with no new known cases but than get two. The number of actual cases would appear to be way higher, maybe as high as 200% more or even higher.

How many people would even bother getting tested if they had very little to no symptoms? Lots!! so there lies the problem and as more restrictions come off we will just see the numbers rise again and no app is going to stop that as much as the Gov wants everyone to have it - but I guess they will at least have an excuse if the numbers do rise
The other problem is as we all get over hearing about this people will be even less likely to bother with solical distancing and also getting checked so rinse and repeat off we go again
I believe the 2 were the returned service men. So it wasn't community transmission
Old 03-05-2020, 01:09 PM   #24
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:

The other problem is as we all get over hearing about this people will be even less likely to bother with social distancing and also getting checked so rinse and repeat off we go again
The latest cases in the NT are ADF guys that tested positive while stationed in the Middle East, they were added to the list when repatriated to the NT......

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-...itive/12199950

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
4 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 03:02 PM   #25
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:

Russ, there was a death yesterday at the Newmarch Nursing home.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-...house/12209658

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 03-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #26
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Russ, there was a death yesterday at the Newmarch Nursing home.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-...house/12209658
Thanks. It hasn't shown up yet in the source I am using but each day closes at midnight GMT (so about 15:00 our time) and I'd expect it to be in the stats tomorrow.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #27
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Thanks. It hasn't shown up yet in the source I am using but each day closes at midnight GMT (so about 15:00 our time) and I'd expect it to be in the stats tomorrow.
Yes, I'd heard the passing was late in the afternoon, so, as you say, may show up as a death in tomorrow's stats.

AEST is 10 hours ahead of GMT (too many hours interpreting aviation weather reports, which are all in GMT). However, I expect there would be a lag between actual time of passing and when it was reported/recorded too, so therefore may not have made the reporting cut-off time.

Either way, another sad case for someone's family.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 03:12 PM   #28
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shoulda read down oops looking at SM's win sorry
Old 03-05-2020, 03:02 PM   #29
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Ok. The US of A.

New York State has clearly been the worst hit. It has 27.6% of the cases in the country, 36.2% of the deaths but only 5.9% of the population.

New Jersey has 10.7% of the cases, 11.5% of the deaths and only 2.7% of the population.

Massachusetts is even for case and mortality percentages at 5.72% but has 2.1% of the population.

Conversely, California has 12% of the population but but 4.5% of cases and 3.2% of deaths.

In terms of case mortality rates, the States above the 5.8% average include Michigan (9.3%), Conneticut (8.1%) and New York (7.6%). At the other end of the scale, those below 3% include South Dakota (0.8%), Utah (0.98%) and Wyoming (1.21%).

When the number of cases per 100k of population is viewed, there is a huge disparity between the best and worst. The latter includes New York (1,500), Federal Prisons (1,384) and New Jersey (950) while the former includes Montana (42), Hawaii (44) and Alaska (50).

Likewise, deaths per 100k of population is equally wide ranging with New York (125), New Jersey (86.6) and Connecticut (65.6) amongst the worst while Alaska (1.22), Wyoming (1.23) and Montana (1.47) are at the better end.

Alaska and Hawaii are in almost total lockdown including schools. California and New Jersey are also in lockdown but only since March 19th and Connecticut followed suit a week later. Montana went into lockdown earlier than most and has since extended the duration and severity of the lockdown. Wyoming, however, is the edge case as they have largely remained open with the only closures being schools but it's also a sparsely populated State which has no doubt helped.

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2020, 03:06 PM   #30
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone read this article from The Daily Mail?
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/co...DailyTelegraph
Closed Thread