Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
ss11
Starter Motor

Default LW Focus Trend Wheels

I'm thinking of changing the wheels for a Ford Focus Trend....the 5 spoke factory mag wheels make it look a bit 'grandma' like.

The look I'm trying to achieve is a rally style one similar to the Focus Sport. I know that the Sport model has a Sports suspension; does anyone know if the Sport actually 'sits' lower?

I don't want to spend all the money on big rims / lower profile tyre only to have a big gap between the top of the tyre and the body work...the Sport Model looks quite good as is seems to be a lower car (or is this just the effect of the bigger rims???

ss11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LW Focus Trend Wheels

As far as the brochure and speciations read, the Sport and Titanium have ‘sports suspension’ but it makes no comment of lowering? I’d assume if you were going to claim sports suspension, if the car has been lowered, they’d call it ‘lowered sports suspension.’

I do know that my Titanium sits bloody high. When parked next to a Ambient the other day it look higher sitting side by side (the roofline and ground clearance looked higher). Apart from the wheels, there could be many factors at play here. But I’m really not sure sorry mate.
Old 19-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
ConradP

Generally bigger wheels will raise the height, have you thought of getting some lowered springs? Nothing stupid just some nice 1" drop Eibach or something?
Old 19-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
ss11
Starter Motor

Don't really want to go down that path....does that cost a few hundred dollars minimum.....will also stuff up the ford engineered suspension goodness
ss11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

My 2011 Zetec handles and rides 100% better with the lowered springs and whiteline rear swaybar, I would say that it has well engineered suspension now, far better than stock
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
fonfe
RS shop's technician

Eibach springs are what is used by ford dealers as they are warranty approved.

I fitted a set to a Focus RS the other week and it handled very well and wasonly a slight tad more of a firmer feel over uneven surfaces.

If the "sports" one is lower which it probably is by 10-20mm itwill be on Eibach springs as standard.