Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
bigowen
Starter Motor

Default sync samsung s4

Hi guys , my wife has recently purchased a focus trend MY13 and apart from the all too common "normal" problem with the powershift transmission , she has had some connection issues with her samsung galaxy s4 with sync . We are able to pair the phone and make & receive calls but once you turn the car off & then restart the car "sync" will initially say 'phone connected ' but after driving a short distance it say's 'phone disconnected' , and obviously ceases to function. Fords typical "helpful" response was, your phone is not compatible BUY A NEW PHONE. We've tried disconnecting and then re-pairing the phone but we continue to have the same problem. Has anyone else experienced this and are there any solutions. Thanks

bigowen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: sync samsung s4

I have an S4 and have an ST, ive had no issues. Only sometimes i have to manually connect my phone. (1 in 20 times)
Old 09-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Default Re: sync samsung s4

We had the same issue at work with our trucks, the guys asked us to take any and all paired devices out of the phone (including the bluetooth cradle we were trying to connect to) then re-pair with the truck. Worked fine and we haven't had an issue since.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post