Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #1
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Question AU2/3 Side Skirt Fitment to an AU1

G'day All,

I'm in the process of skirting my fairmont and would like to know if anybody has put the standard type (non XR) skirts onto an AU1. With the seal strip off they fit in place. However, there are 3 less slots in the skirting for the seal strip than what there is in the sill of the car. I can slot the extra 3 slots but my delema is with the clips that hold the seal strip to the car. With the extra thickness of the skirt they appear that they don't have enough of the "clipping part" protruding to reattach the seal strip. Does anyone know if there is another clip available for this? Or had success using the original clips. I have tried using the parts database but have had no hits for the p/no of the skirt (did get a p/no for the different splats though).

Thanks,
Rob

Old 24-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I had AU2 SR skirts on my AU and found that I could use the clips. A few mushroom head 12mm x 3mm screws did the trick.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I had AU2 SR skirts on my AU and found that I could use the clips. A few mushroom head 12mm x 3mm screws did the trick.
Thanks JC,

Where did ya put the screws? I know one goes behind the front wheel arch.