Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default S A Police can now crush your car..

Ok sorry i can't post a link but it's on the 'adelaide now' website.. It look's like our gumbyment has given the S A police the power to confiscate and crush car's.. Refering to 'hoon's' that is now i'm not a hoon i am a car enthusiast and hearing that police with their incredible power's of discretion can have this power over one's pride and joy posession is a worry.. I have been threatened with a flat bed truck over bugger all before, so where do we sit if a couple of these 'bugger all' incident's add up.. Grrrrr.. :

Old 02-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...4-2682,00.html
Old 02-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Love how every government is more than happy with enforce hoon legislation without any financial resources going into motor sport complexes.

I agree with Hoon Laws as it does help with some real D***'s on our streets, but they also must realise to truly have the right to come down on someone like a ton of Bricks, then you should be offering an alternative.

Sort of like giving a three strikes till the death penalty for Binge drinkers without supporting rehab programs.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
playtime141618

Yeah well what do we expect, our licence plates should read “SA the Police State”

Running with scissors and Always using my outside voice

Weapon of choice = 78 ZH fairlane 351-FMX-9inch
Old 02-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Love how every government is more than happy with enforce hoon legislation without any financial resources going into motor sport complexes.

I agree with Hoon Laws as it does help with some real D***'s on our streets, but they also must realise to truly have the right to come down on someone like a ton of Bricks, then you should be offering an alternative.

Sort of like giving a three strikes till the death penalty for Binge drinkers without supporting rehab programs.
seen the article in the front of the latest streetmachine??.. Some of the quote's from our current gumbyment.. 'A motorsport complex will only encourage hoon behaviour'.. This is what we're up against in S A.. I am like alot of other's a fair bit of money tied up in my car's and get a bit peed off being lumped in with some dh in his $50 VN with steelies on the back..
Old 02-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
carnige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i do agry with it... the last laws were crap. but crushing the cars will help i think.

my vue is there are car enthusiast and hoons. im a car enthusiast i respect the car and the engineering behind it. i respect the other cars on the road, and only open up my car on the trak.

hoons have no respect. the go out do burn outs down the street drag any car they see untill they blow the car up, then they go out and get a new car and repeat...
Old 02-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

hoons are what you seen in stories on quality programing like ACA and TT

enthusiasts are what you see @ powercruise, motorvation, AFD's ect. for once would love to see a unbiased interview done on these promotions, not a story showing people who are doing the right thing but using the same tar brush as story before just with a different setting.

mind you car crushing might not work as here in WA young guy got car taken away, caught driving again got car crushed(different car this time round) then 2 days later get caught riding a unlicened motox bike on the road... some people cant get it can they?

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Old 02-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
prydey
Rob

it doesn't matter if you are a hoon or not. you already have police on such a power trip with the hoon laws.

if i accelerate without breaking traction and lift off once at the speed limit, i could still be branded a hoon.

like pottery said, even very minor incidents are now being threatened with the hoon label.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #9
dsyfer

I don't know how they will go, Wouldn't the finance companies would be jumping up and down about crushing cars that are under finance, or leased, or considered an asset against a loan.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyfer
I don't know how they will go, Wouldn't the finance companies would be jumping up and down about crushing cars that are under finance, or leased, or considered an asset against a loan.
True, where do all these variable's sit within the law? i do smell a rat with these law's being pushed through in the last day's of parliament before an election early next year.. And we have already seen this gumbyment's grandstanding against the bikie's and their 'anti association' law's massively fail when challenged in court.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #11
kezzer

Glad I dont live in SA, I can hoon all I want over here haha
Old 02-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #12
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtime141618
Yeah well what do we expect, our licence plates should read “SA the Police State”
SA . The Defect State

this is absolute horrid news!. Because I know this will make them even more cocky and I've been classified a "Hoon" before for taking off from lights and not even quick just because my car is loud as. :( this totally sucks!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 02-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #13
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U

"Hooning" is not motorsport, and shouldnt be confused or linked in any way.....

To say a motorsport complex would reduce hooning is offensive to real motorsport enthusiasts, because you're saying they're related....

Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #14
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone who is seen driving a modern modified car is labeled a hoon..people seem to think the only cars real enthusiasts drive are old muscle...
Old 02-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #15
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Add a P-plate to the equation and you stand no hope to be labled! ...

But what ever we do, with this current scheme of things we can't change it!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 02-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #16
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
so, when do you you finish that PHD?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #17
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Lets be honest here! people are kidding themselfs if they say, i dont speed! everyone enjoys putting the foot down every now and then! i drive my TE once every 3 weeks if that and i enjoy giving it a kick, but i dont run around built up areas hanging out side ways every corner! thats what we should be policing! not the ones entering a 110 zone and put the foot down and get to that speed asap!

And if one of us are caught in the middle of no where doing 200+, you will be running scenarios through your head if you should pull over or keep on going! cause are you going to want them crush your 15k BA turbo/ 30k T-series or 80k XY GT! i doubt it

well just my 2c
Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #18
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can see ALOT more high speed chase's going on.. If you were up for a crush that split second decision STAY or GO.. Go would probably be the one of choice for most.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep this sort of thing always works.

Mandatory life for drugs, police cars machine gunned and people murdered (QLD 1980s not USA)
Mandatory death penalty for rape, all rapes became murder/rapes (only one story then)

Crushing cars WILL lead to road deaths as the runners have nothing to lose (except their lives) and of course the poor buggers they run into (hopefully not a school bus or kindergarten) will be happy that the car that kills/maims them will be crushed.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #20
menil
fg pursuit

the real problem is the defining of hoon is left up to an individual who may or may not have had a good day .
Old 02-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #21
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
Yeah $50 VN's with steelie's on the back are cool as!! :
Old 02-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #22
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by menil
the real problem is the defining of hoon is left up to an individual who may or may not have had a good day .
The REAL problem is the few D/Heads who ruin it for everyone else....

Old 02-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #23
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
so, when do you you finish that PHD?
I finish my law degree next year, not quite a PHD
:

I just noticed my ratings went down after that last post... some people have no life : was meant to be a harmless joke, lighten up ffs
Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #24
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

LOL, only Mods can give you negative status. SOOO, I wouldn't want to pee them off. They are gods LOL
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 02-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #25
kezzer

It's a rating system on a ford forum... I'm not at all that fussed, I'm a ford fan because of the ford brand and it's awesome cars.

As long as I'm not breaking any rules, meh, the crushing cars is stupid anyway, should be put towards better use, like selling them off to charity or something

Last edited by kezzer; 02-12-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #26
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Quote:
thats spot on. i remember about 15 years ago i was riding around with a mate and he took off from the lights quick, no wheel spin and didn't go over 60kph he was pulled over and cautioned for taking off to quick. wtf we said and i have heard of it since no law against it that i'm aware of but maybe it was just his definition of how you should take off,
Old 02-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #27
menil
fg pursuit

would be nice to be able to express an opinion without someone trying to one up you .
Old 02-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #28
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Most cops unless you p**s( wouldnt let me write what i wanted) them off are reasonable and wont take your car.
After all some are petrol heads themselves.
I have a mate with a 383 lx ss torana who took a highway patrol officer for a spin to get off a speeding fine.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #29
menil
fg pursuit

my point exactly pjm58.If the cop was having a bad day your history or your car is .
Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #30
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
would be nice to be able to express an opinion without someone trying to one up you .
Who was this directed at? ...... you can answer in PM as this thread is finished for obvious reasons.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread