Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-02-2006, 12:54 PM   #61
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I've said it before and I'll say it again, 5 out of the 6 Ford dealers I've let service my cars are incompetent HACKS. My opinion... but I'm probably a stupid fool as you suggested for not trusting these HACKS!!! :jab:

Mate 5 out of 6 mechanics I work with are hacks! : but you'll find that throughout the industry, as fair as this recall is concerned, it would take a major HACK to do any real damage.........whether people get the recall done is there own choice, but ford dont release recall for fun, its there for a reason
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #62
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
Mate 5 out of 6 mechanics I work with are hacks! : but you'll find that throughout the industry, as fair as this recall is concerned, it would take a major HACK to do any real damage.........whether people get the recall done is there own choice, but ford dont release recall for fun, its there for a reason
Cant argue with that. PM me if you work at a Ford dealer in Melb.. I'll get you to do it personally.. not kidding. At least you are honest and I respect that!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #63
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Had mine done. Almost didn't because of all the horror stories and delayed doing it for quite a while but then decided safety was a priority so had it done and haven't had any problems with it.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #64
Smudge
Starter Motor

Bit late I know, but I recently (last week) got the SRCC300 recall done on my XR8 I haven't noticed any difference in the steering at all.
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #65
stats2001
Starter Motor

Default Thanks for the help

well I had a look this morning for those stickers...Found one so will take a look latre to see if i can find more info on the car.

Thanks again for the help, and it is really appreciated.

Mark.
stats2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #66
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
For the record. Of the 200,000+ Au's on the road a grand total of 3 have had the steering rack issue to such an extent that it was a problem. Its not going to fall out tomorrow guys.
I've been told 5 or 6 have had the issue of the bolt actually coming out, but theres a few that have started to work their way out. I reccomend anyone who hasn't had it done, to get it done. Its for your safety and anything about it affecting your car afterwards is a crock. Its a spot weld on the end of a thread to stop a bolt being able to work its way out. No way there cold be issues after the recall. :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post