Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Default ORSMXRT - Dial-up warning

This is a very illustrated story of the birth of my XR6T, I don't have many photos from when it was stock, so most are only as you see it now, but i'll fill you guys in on every little impulse mod i've had along the way.

I bought my 04 XR6 Turbo back in November 2004, it was purchased second hand with only 7000klm on it, it came with 5 speed manual, Premium sound and GT steering wheel. I had been hunting around for a turbo for a while and it had to be manual and have Premium, i really wanted white, but after months of waiting i expanded my colour choices and went for Blueprint.

The car was left untouched for a while cause i was still on my P's, I had just turned 20.

The day after my 21st i went out and bought so 19" ROH Vapours and had it lowered (got a Midas voucher for my 21st from my mates) with SL Rear and L front.

A few months after this I had an accident, i ran up the back of a ute and the towball went through the bumper. I decided to change the look of the car and got a GT front bumper which made it look alot tougher than the standard XR one.
The mesh below has since change, the bottom mesh was to small and restricted air flow and i've scince put the mighty FORD badge back on.

Next thing to look at was the stereo, along the way i tried a line convertor cause i wanted it to look stock, the line convertor lasted about 2 weeks cause the quality of it was terrible and i wasn't getting the value out of all my speakers.

As it is know i've got an Alpine DVD Head Unit running through the factory screen, 6.5in Infinity Perfect splits, 5x7 Infinity Reference 3 ways, 4 ch MTX and 2ch MX Monoblock running 2 x 12in Whatmough Tornado Subs all has been custom finished.

Looks and stereo were now well on there way and i was getting a little bored with the performance and started work on the engine. After lloking around for a while i decided to get a package from the Horse Power Factory, this included a CAPA Flash Tuner, 42lb injectors,XR8 valve springs,Typhoon Intake and a Metal Cat.At the same time i had the clutch upgraded. WOW, what a car it had become, this thing could boogie.

The bug had burried itself in deep and the next year would become very expensive.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER