Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
SWOOP
XRSVO

Default Short shift fitted!

Gday all ,Lucky me accuired a brand spanking SVO lightning shifter for a T5 from a friend (thanks EVO)that decided not to do a manual conversion

So far I havent really ever had probs with the stock one on the street it and wasnt as sloppy as my previous e or x series manuals
only 2nd to 3rd shift on the strip was one I had to really think about
I thought about buying 1 myself but there where other parts to come 1st
and it wasnt a major concern.

but now I had one and it seemed like an easy job to do after reading up on here
so earlier today we dragged the tools/jack out and ripped into my AU and an hour or so later on its all honky ,except for me putting console mount in backwards DOH!
result = me definetly a postive
shift throw isnt that much shorter but its precise/tight
feels so much stronger and user friendly with a only little more noise than standard setup ,its another SVO part in car which keeps the theme going too, has 3 yr warranty so cant complain there
once I get a better clutch it should be good for my times

cheers

SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
james22
With da Warlords

Good on ya, i been trying to pick up a short shift on ebay, but keep getting outbid. Some ppl pay far too much money lol. I'll get it sooner or later

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Outta 10 what would you rate it? What do you mean by, its noisy? Is it nice and smooth between the gates?

Tnx
Old 29-08-2006, 07:14 PM   #4
SWOOP
XRSVO

cheers guys ,

James22 they aint cheap thats for sure i think my mate paid around 400 for it ,but you also pay for qaulity, buy one from one of the AFF sponsors not dodgybay

Ive nothing to rate it against sorry LG , the stock AU ones arent to bad ,only other sports shift Ive had was in my Datto 1600 nothing beats that yet, but that was custom big$$ box
It has stronger feel/click than standard ,not smooth id say easier
from my understanding of how it all works, the shift linkage is inside the box and the T5 short shifts are just a swivel extension ,tougher than factory (more metal ,heavy springs ,stops etc

the noise is the vibrations coming from gears inside the box coming up through the shifter (no rubber in it at all) above 3500-4000 its noticable or it may be misaligned and needs adjusting? not sure going to get it all checked out soon
your quite welcome if you want to head up my way and try it for yourself
as its not a cheap part to buy if you dont like it .
Old 29-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #5
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sometimes when shifting, you get that "get in there". 347_XR8, says that, that feeling is all gone and it's so much smoother (RIP Shifter).

I suppose the difference between the two, will be bugger all.
Old 29-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #6
SWOOP
XRSVO

well if I was paying for it (mine was a gift) I would've got a rip shift 100% for sure
reputation ,sold by real racers ,Aff sponsors ,close to buy and so on