Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Limited-Edition Hot Hatch Joins Ford Fiesta Lineup

** Fiesta Metal delivers 98kW from a specially tuned 1.6-litre Duratec Ti-VCT petrol engine

** 17-inch black alloy wheels with sports suspension

** Limited Edition of 250 on sale in Panther Black Metallic

** Recommended Manufacturer’s List Price for the new Fiesta Metal is: $22,99

Ford Australia has added a hot Limited Edition sports hatch to its Fiesta line-up.

The three-door Limited Edition Fiesta Metal arrives in dealerships in September, boasting an eye-catching Panther Black Metallic exterior accentuated by 17-inch black alloy wheels.

The Ford Fiesta Metal delivers 98 kW at 6,700 rpm and 160 Nm of torque at 4,250rpm from its specially tuned 1.6-litre, Duratec Ti-VCT petrol engine – 10 kW and 9 Nm more than the 1.6-litre Zetec hatch. A new air intake, unique exhaust with wider pipes and engine tuning allows an additional 300 rpm in the rev range.

David Katic, Ford Australia’s marketing director, said: “The Ford Fiesta Metal gives the enthusiast customer something extra - great handling with an enhanced performance engine.
“Our customers already love the sporty Zetec and with the Limited Edition Fiesta Metal, we’re providing additional performance and styling features for the enthusiast customer.”

The Fiesta Metal will be available in sporty three-door guise only, boasting twin chrome exhaust tips, sports body kit with silver-painted front grille surround, front aero spoiler and front fog light bezels, privacy glass, 17-inch black alloy wheels and sports suspension with lowered ride height.

Interior styling features Piano Black centre stack bezel, air vent rings and door pulls, Ebony Black heated leather sports seats with silver contrast stitching, leather-wrapped reach and height adjustable steering wheel, leather-wrapped gear shifter and handbrake, sports alloy pedal covers, stainless steel door scuff plates and unique floor mats with silver piping.

The Fiesta Metal also boasts single zone climate control, keyless start, electrochromatic rear view mirror, automatic projector headlights with follow-me-home lighting, rain sensing wipers, cruise control and rear parking sensors.

Standard features across the Fiesta range includes: Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS), Intelligent Protection System (IPS), anti-lock brakes with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Bluetooth®# with Voice Control.
Like the LX and Zetec, the Fiesta Metal has side curtain/thorax and driver’s knee airbag as standard.

The Fiesta Metal will be sourced from Ford’s Cologne plant in Germany. Just 250 examples will be available nationally.

In Europe the Fiesta Metal Limited Edition is a clear favourite with enthusiasts, ranking in the top 10 of motoring magazine Auto Express’ Performance Cars of the Year 2011.
The Fiesta Metal ranked seventh among 30 finalists and rated higher than entries from Bentley, Porsche, Aston Martin, Maserati and Lotus.

Source: Ford Media

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-08-2012 at 08:40 AM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Default Re: Limited-Edition Hot Hatch Joins Ford Fiesta Lineup

For $22.99 I'll take one!!

That thing looks Awesome for a Fiesta!

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Went and looked at a Fiesta yesterday with a friend - and was very impressed by it! Looked at all 3 models available (not this black hotty) and reckon for the money it was a lot of car.

Ended up buying a Mazda 2 over the Fiesta though, couple of additional extras that Mazda have as standard that Ford has as an option. But if it was my money I probably would have gone the Fiesta over the Mazda 2.

Maybe Hot Hatches are coming back.

Or maybe they never left - I just stopped looking for them!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
IceValk85
MY2010 SV6 SIDI -Black-

Want Want Want Want Want
IceValk85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
08ESE

love it!!!

still not sure why anyone would buy a mazda 2 over anything? horrible plastic buzz boxes.
08ESE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

Spewing there isnt a 5 door looks great...

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Love the blacked out interior.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

It's based on the old WS platform - been on sale in the UK for several years now. Recently lost out to the Suzuki Sport (and several others) in an EVO magazine supertest (faults being underpowered and visually boring). I'd wait for the turbo WT model with 132kW for another $4K.

The 98kW tune from the standard engine should have been standard on the 'sporty' Zetec models from the get go to differeniate them form the rest of the line up.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
Levo989
Starter Motor

Having owned my Fiesta Metal since December last year I can safely say that this should not be classed as a hot hatch, it is however, pretty quick for what it is.

Up until 80km/h (the speed limit) I kept toe-to-toe with a VL Commodore with a turbo as big as my head! Most of the gain over the stock Fiesta is with the close ratio gear box.

For me, the winning factor were all the creature comforts and little luxuries over the Zetec. Especially with the reverse parking sensors and what-not!

Mine doesn't have keyless start, which isn't a big issue to me but you can't deny - it's a good looking car!
Levo989 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post