Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 31-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
BrisVegas
Noobie

Default A change of Focus...

Well, after 3 and a bit years of owning my Focus, I'm selling it. It's been a great car, can't fault it at all. But....my wife and kids and I are selling the house and buying a 4WD and taking an extended trip around oz for at least 6-12 months. The Focus (and her Fiesta) have gotta go!

Will most probably be buying an old diesel Prado off my mum and upgrading suspension, tyres and protection etc on it to make it fit for purpose. I don't particularly enjoy driving the Prado (the Focus/Fiesta is more my style) but I'm sure it will all make sense out on the corrugations of the Gibb River Road....

Anyway, if you know anyone in Brissie that wants a good deal on a LS Focus Zetec, send em my way please. It's listed in the Cars For Sale section - http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....40#post3206540

I've got the Rola Sports racks and Odyssey 360 roof pod for it, which i could sell separately if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
my wife and kids and I are selling the house and buying a 4WD and taking an extended trip around oz for at least 6-12 months.
= Living the dream!
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
JJ500
Starter Motor

Enjoy your trip, i did the Gibb in a cruiser and loved it! Take your time and have a ball!
JJ500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
BrisVegas
Noobie

thanks guys. We've been talking about doing this trip for a while. I was gonna wait til my long service is up (3 more years) but we decided that after we sell our house is as good a time as any. My kids are 5 & 3 and my wife's a school teacher, so she can home school the older one. Work is ok with me taking 6-12 months unpaid leave, in theory at least!

Since kids came along we've gotten into camping as a cheapish holiday option for the family. The roof pod has helped us take more stuff, but ideally we'd like a camper trailer setup and proper fridge etc etc... So, a 4wd will be a good way for us to extend our trips off the beaten track. 6 months ago when we bought the Fiesta, we almost pulled the trigger on a Territory AWD. As much as like the Territories, a proper 4WD is what's needed for the outback.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Mate that sounds awesome! It is prob the best time to do it with your kids at that age, if its not now, its when they are 20ish and out of home!!

The new Fociis should be out then by the time you are back and you can buy a brand spanker :P
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
BrisVegas
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabonka
Mate that sounds awesome! It is prob the best time to do it with your kids at that age, if its not now, its when they are 20ish and out of home!!

The new Fociis should be out then by the time you are back and you can buy a brand spanker :P
We'll see how we go. We may keep the Fiesta as our city runabout. My wife loves it and I don't mind driving it. The impending 4WD will probably stay in the garage most of the time after the big trip as I ride the pushy to work most days. If we sell both our cars now, then yes will be looking at the new shape Focus/C-Max/Kuga as our small car down the track... I'd love an XR5 obviously, but I suspect the 4WD will become "my car", so she'll get to choose her runabout.