Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
xbcool
dazed&confused

Default nostalgia drags

gday all,

I competed at the nostalgia drags at wsid yesterday in the aus muscle class ,while I didn't get the 11 that I was trying for ( wrong gearing ) ,I did manage to make the final only to red light : .

anyone else done something this dumb at the drags

steve

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Rural 351
1000+ passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcool
gday all,

I competed at the nostalgia drags at wsid yesterday in the aus muscle class ,while I didn't get the 11 that I was trying for ( wrong gearing ) ,I did manage to make the final only to red light : .

anyone else done something this dumb at the drags

steve
"Red light in the final" ive done that before also broke a throttle cable in a final, and spun a big end in a final compared to the big end a red lights pretty good "wrong gearing" wasnt it the rev limiter maybe next time thats the way it is at the drags two steps forward one step backwards. I drove like a mug but managed a best for my green Xy ute yesterday 11.524 and 119.48mph (different runs) Im real happy not expecting much more out of a std stroke cleveland 2V heads, toploader combo the only thing I will try now is slicks maybe ladder bars or something could even give it a polish still a real good day

https://www.facebook.com/DragRacingT...2067110055900/

http://www.cacklingpipes.com/100825_...250810_025.JPG

XA coupe naturally, aspirated Cleveland, full exhaust, 98 oct pump gas, drag radials, Manual trans, 10.664 132 mph

The faster youve gone the worse your attitude
Rural 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
xbcool
dazed&confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau351
"Red light in the final" ive done that before also broke a throttle cable in a final, and spun a big end in a final compared to the big end a red lights pretty good "wrong gearing" wasnt it the rev limiter maybe next time thats the way it is at the drags two steps forward one step backwards. I drove like a mug but managed a best for my green Xy ute yesterday 11.524 and 119.48mph (different runs) Im real happy not expecting much more out of a std stroke cleveland 2V heads, toploader combo the only thing I will try now is slicks maybe ladder bars or something could even give it a polish still a real good day

yep rev limiter or wrong diff gearing either would fix the problem, maybe some taller tyres could help.

still a great day in all and congrats on your pb

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post