Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Default NSW Cops, in Unmarked BA XR8 with GT Stripes

Just thought i would ask and see if anyone else has seen some of these getting around.

I live up here on the Tweed Coast, so right on the NSW/QLD Border, and the other day i saw an Unmarked Dark Grey BA XR8, but it had Orange GT Side stripes and they have even got the bloody Orange Bonnet Buldge Decals aswell.

I thought NSW Police force werent meant to be having any more Unmarked cars, and thats a pretty bloody sneaky way of going about it to, if i didnt see the lights on, i would have just thought it was someone who had put GT Decals on a XR8. Very Very Sneaky indeed.

Cheers

TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
nat_daly
Nat D

in parramatta region in NSW sydney, there is a black commodore SS unmarked, several magna VRX manual's aswell..
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

yeah we have a few Commonwhores up here unmarked but they are Detectives cars, and they have a Magna, done up with body kit & mags that they sit it out the front of a Mistsubishi Dealership parked in between other magnas during operating hours and in there driveway after hours and radar people. I have also seen them use it in town at traffic lights to try and coaks people into either street racing or speeding.

But i thought it was very very sneaky to run a BA XR8 with GT Stripes & even Bonnet Decals. So everyone, be warned, if you see a BA XR8 with GT Stripes, dont think your safe, make sure you look inside to see the lights on the dash & Parcel Shelf.
Old 27-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
BlackLS

HWP around Hammondville area on Heathcote Rd, Unmarked White GT with blue stripes, also bonnet decals

GD around La Perouse, White last model Magna.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I can confirm about the black commodore SS unmarked too. A friend of a friend driving a mustang cobra (he is only 18) was at a set of lights, and the black ss pulled up beside. So obviously the red P plater bagged em up to 80kms.

a) Was fined for negligent behavior ( Burnout)
b) was fined for illegal street racing
c) was fined and licence taken away 80kms in a 50 zone.

His life is now over.
Old 27-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you drive sensibly you have nothing to worry about. I have no sympathy for anyone caught out by whatever means the police use to eradicate mindless, dangerous and irresponsible driving behaviours. I hope the use of unmarked XR8/SS/whatever works... great idea.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #7
jmc-007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave XR8
If you drive sensibly you have nothing to worry about. I have no sympathy for anyone caught out by whatever means the police use to eradicate mindless, dangerous and irresponsible driving behaviours. I hope the use of unmarked XR8/SS/whatever works... great idea.
I dont have any simpathy either but it gets me going when they decide to waste our tax money on bloody toys for the boys in good with the Sarg.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #8
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Saw a Green Honda Civic sedan with all the police stickers all over it at Revesby. Wonder who drew the short straw and got stuck with that?

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #9
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Not Robo-cop...
Its Ricer-Cop!!! :
Old 27-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #10
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Got to be careful, there are stack of unmarked XR6 (yes N/A's), XR6T's, Xr8's up here on the central coast.

Add in the odd Camry and VRX and its just damn nasty.

In fact i saw an unmarked black VX Executive Wagon (with hubcaps) pull over a truck today on the Pacific Highway at Vales Point.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 04:26 PM   #11
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

yeah its good when they nab dickheads speading & doing other things wrong, when down the road they could have slapped head on into a car with a family in it killing all, but i dont believe that unmarked cars are the way to go about it. If you pass an unmarked car, that has no radar on, and you are speeding, you wont even know the difference, if you pass 10 of em, you wont know the difference and you will continue speeding away, however if you pass a marked car, you will slow down, and stay slowed for a while, if you pass a few of them, you tend not to slow down and stay slowed and not speed all.

The best thing for em to do is like the Victorian cop cars i have seen and some other states aswell where they have big bright Fluro Checkers up the side and really really stand out. Its a proven fact that a visible cop car deters more people then an unmarked catching a few every now and then, i have read of instances where they put a cardboard cuttout of a cop with a radar and every person who saw it would slow down.

I just think its wrong when they try and coaks people into illegal behaviour just to book them, i have had them do it to me on the highway at night, come up behind you and sit up your *** on high beams to try and get you to speed so they can book you. I have witnessed them doing it to other people, and have had it done to me, but i simply stay at my speed untill i can see its a cop and if it is, i will give either slow right down where they cant overtake just to ИИИИ them off or slam on my brakes.

If they really want to actually stop people speeding they should have highly visible cars, not have unmarked cars to hide away in, they are much better off slowing 50 cars down, than booking 3 or 4 of them.
Old 27-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #12
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I agree that there should be an increased presence in marked police cars however there is a very good reason why they are using the unmarked method.

As word spreads about this ploy, more and more people will be reluctant to do anything stupid for fear an unmarked car may be nearby. Is there one... geez could be... not worth the risk. On the flip side, if all the lunatics have to do is make sure there is no marked car nearby, then they will drive foolishly.

By installing doubt into the minds (or mindless) of the hoons, this will have a far greater impact in minimising reckless driving behaviour.

Very clever on the part of the police. Some people are saying what a waste of money... not true. They only need to have one car in an area (until they have made their presence known) instead of many cars and police manpower patrolling day after day.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Yep well in qld i seen a few unmarked ones. One was a normal ford terrority. I knew this cause the sarg of the local police station was in it and witness me doing a u turn half lighting up my wheels. I go booked which is fair enough i was i the wrong. Other then that qld police have a few cars in this crappy blue with police very small on them. Now that sucks you cant see them till your next to them. But the best i seen was a gt-p pursuit cop car. Bright orange with police all over everything i mean everywhere stood out like yer well you can think of something.
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #14
VSSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc-007
I dont have any simpathy either but it gets me going when they decide to waste our tax money on bloody toys for the boys in good with the Sarg.
I don't think they are toys any more than marked cars. Some drivers just do not learn like everyone else and must do it the hard way. These people are called CRIMINALS. If this is what it takes to nab them then I say go for it. If you have a guy who's been banned by the local Court from driving and continues to drive, sitting off his house in a marked car will not help!

If you get the chance to speak to the people that drive the unmarked cars i bet you'll find they are used for a lot more than what you think. Or.... you could just continue sledgeing.

:
VSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #15
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I wonder when we'll start getting pulled over by old VKs and XDs? (which are built to pass all safety standards).
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #16
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
I wonder when we'll start getting pulled over by old VKs and XDs? (which are built to pass all safety standards).
I have heard from mates in Victoria that for the Speed cameras they actually sub contract out to people, so it could be anything on the side of the road with a camera in it, from a new monaro, an old XD, or a busted up old Datsun, so who knows what they will do next.
Old 28-03-2006, 02:04 PM   #17
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

And just so everyone knows, im not sledging the NSW police force, They do a great job, and its better off that they catch ****ers speeding before they slam into a car full of people and kill the lot, but my main point to this thread was some time ago the NSW Police head sherang said that there was going to be no more unmarked cars, it was one of the ways to prove that they werent just revenue raising, and even they said if you see a police car / bike you slow down, if you dont you will continue speeding. I do agree that for certain things yes they need unmarked cars and im sure they have plenty of uses, and this particular one i passed again this morning, i wasnt speeding, neither were the cars around me (Cause we were stuck behind a slowass doing 65 in an 80), but i can bet i was the only one that knew it was a cop, then down the road everyone sped off when they could overtake, if they saw it was a marked car, i can bet they wouldnt have.

Talking about bikes, they even run unmarked bikes these days, especially up in QLD they will ride along, join in a pack and have radar/camera built into the farings and nab a few speeding then peel off from the pack, because of the fact that they cant / wont pull over a pack of bikes or a couple of bikes from a pack.

Personally, my opinion is that for Highway patrol cars, that are out getting speeding drivers, its better to have marked, highly visible cars, rather than unmarked hidden away. If 50 cars go past a marked car in an 80 zone at 80 they will not know the difference and will probably speed at some point, if 50 cars go past a marked car in an 80 zone at 80, they will stay at 80 and not speed, cause they just saw a cop car and know there out in force.
Old 28-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #18
gozza

any one whos drives on the M1 be carefull of a dark blue sv6...normal rims etc etc...i also think theres a silver one too
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #19
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

in shepp we regulary (spelling?) get VZ executives and SS's XR8's and the odd XR6T, i saw a copper on the side of the road in a merc vito van, back doors were open and he was radaring people, my mate also seen them out the front of the local holden dealership sitting under a nice cool tree radaring with a cardboard sign on the car that says "this weeks special" rather ironic methinks

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #20
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I can confirm about the black commodore SS unmarked too. A friend of a friend driving a mustang cobra (he is only 18) was at a set of lights, and the black ss pulled up beside. So obviously the red P plater bagged em up to 80kms.

a) Was fined for negligent behavior ( Burnout)
b) was fined for illegal street racing
c) was fined and licence taken away 80kms in a 50 zone.

His life is now over.
NO, his life was possibly saved. 18 year old with bugger all driving experience street racing in a city against a random opponent in a high powered vehicle!
Every second week there is a story about some idiot who ran out of talent and went splat killing and/or maiming themselves and others..
Maybe your mate will learn from this and have a long happy life instead of a short stupid one.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 11:39 PM   #21
devil cv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by autickfordfairmont
, but my main point to this thread was some time ago the NSW Police head sherang said that there was going to be no more unmarked cars, it was one of the ways to prove that they werent just revenue raising, and even they said if you see a police car / bike you slow down, if
you are correct. the only unmarked cars were to be undercover cops (not HWP) and child protection officers. ALL other cars ewre to be marked and all HWP were to be fully marked.

This got changed some time after the original decision and now LAC commanders can put a business case for unmarked HWP cars. SOme LAC's have, some haven't. I know there are no unmarked HWP cars based in Bega (last 1 was a silver VX SS, and that cop is now in a marked VZ, VYbefore that)
Cooma has at least 1 unmarked...LAst I saw it was a white xr8, and before that a blue xr(6 or 8)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 11:55 PM   #22
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

i think it sucks, the one that is mentioned at heathcote nabs guys for doing 20 over which is absolutly fair enough ... but he doesnt travel the road furter back to see the pack of holiday makers in overloaded wagons staying in the left lane the whole way from down the coast. This frustrates commuters like myself who have to take advantage of any gaps that they might create to get to work on time. Now before you say "LEAVE HOME EARLIER THEN..." i do ... every sunday for night shift it takes me an extra 25mins to get to work because of inconsidarate drivers who wont keep left. a amarked car would be much more effective in keeping everyone safe. When a marked car is about they generally travel at the speed limit in the right hand lane and everyone moves over for them. I usually just sit behind them in convoy puling in every now and then to let someone past. /rant
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 09:46 AM   #23
Bluefreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by autickfordfairmont
I have heard from mates in Victoria that for the Speed cameras they actually sub contract out to people, so it could be anything on the side of the road with a camera in it, from a new monaro, an old XD, or a busted up old Datsun, so who knows what they will do next.
Yep, Rodeo last week on Dorset Rd, new V-Dub on Scoresby road Yesterday morning and a Hilux 4wd with tradies boxes on it this morning on Dandenong Rd...

As has already been stated, if you do the right thing, you have nothing to fear... But here in Victoria, they have brain wave detectors built into speed camera's. They can tell whether or not you are contemplating speeding and fine you in advance of the act...

And, on reading the fine that arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago(my first for quite some time) I see the 3km margin for error has been replaced by a 2km margin...
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #24
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefreak
I see the 3km margin for error has been replaced by a 2km margin...
yeah thats bulls.hit if the australian standard for cars is supposed to be +/- 10% then by law, if you get done for 112km/h on the freeway you can still be fined and lose points, and with us p-platers we only have 5...so really the +/- 10% combined with 2km margin, its a double negative really.... i've been told to appeal every speeding fine that u get...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #25
gww64

Think about it. If you had the choice of a marked xt or an unmarked gt, which one would you pick. Most of these guys are human after all
gww64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #26
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Driving into newcastle this morning along Donald rd saw a police bike sitting next a XR8(shockwave with white GT stripes) at the lights,at first i was wondering what was going on then i remembered this thread.

When the lights changed the xr8 took off and about 100 metres down the road pulled over with the motorbike pulling over another 100mtrs down the road and the yes the xr8 had lights in the back and front,id say they were going to set up a radar as abouts 200mtrs before them it goes from 70 to 60 but if you dont get the lights you tend to go through there at 70.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #27
ebsxr85sp
Starter Motor

a couple of weeks ago at nowra i saw a white xr8 with blue gt stripes & bonnet decals & a big sticker on the rear window i think it was a surf brand maybe ocean & earth or something, he pulled over a motorbike. maybe the detectives should be driving these cars cause the detectives cars are easily spotted wouldnt it be better to catch real criminals than give out a few tickets. i agree with the person who said that marked highway patrol cars deter people from speeding more than unmarked.
ebsxr85sp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #28
CobraLeMans
Horsepower Addict

Spotted a BAII XR8 Shockwave with silver stripes doing business on King Georges Rd in the Hurstville area tuesday night.
CobraLeMans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #29
b2tf
not here much anymore

Interesting thing here, they have had a Black BF XR8 with orange stripes running around for about 3 weeks. I saw it today and the stripes have been removed.
Old 30-03-2006, 07:49 PM   #30
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

i personally think its ridiculous why do they need xr8s and other upmarket sports vehicles. completely unecessary spending considering the amount of money that has to be invested after that to outfit the vehicle for police operations.

dont know what i think about this tempt ppl to street race stuff...

have noticed more and more fixed speed cameras in my area, luckily though in SA or north Adelaide at least, unmarked speed cameras are easy to spot because they've only used late model commodores. did see a BA wagon ONCE but called em out before i passed hehe. nah, wasnt speeding anyway.