Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #10
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
This is very interesting info to see tested and isnt at hard to believe as it seems. I take it as a game of veliocity vs volume and, in this case, it looks like velocity is the winner. Can I ask what sort of differences were seen? Are we talking 1rwkw or 5rwkw? Just curious as this is something I remember discussing with you guys ages ago about the "restrictive" std AU I6 intake piping and the fact that it wasnt restrictive at all (well, at least to 150rwkw where you tested it).

More info please.. I'm very interested in looking at this in more detail.

I love this.. another AU I6 tuning house that is doing the hard yards for us
Correct but it is unusual to see a small gain or even a loss by inlarging the intake on most engines.We saw a loss of only a few kw at the time of testing.I wan't to revisit this test though with our new tuning tools & I'll document it for all to see.We may come up with something that works with further testing.We even tested an enlarged throttle body on a 150 rwkw AU recently & saw not 1 KW gain.I think that the factory intake manifold design & inlet tract up to the air box is a fairly well designed thing.I will say that at G&D you will find that we don't beat around the bush,if something doesn't work we'll tell you rather than sell an inferior product that doesn't work just to gain profit or looks.Honesty goes a long way,it's been a great recipe for success for us over the last 27 years of buisiness.
G&D PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post