Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
jesskazen
Starter Motor

Default Fog lights for WT Fiesta LX

Has anyone tried putting foglights in the new LX fiestas? Ford has quoted me for $500, but it seems quite a bit. I assume they will fit the zetec lights?

Jess

jesskazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
paulo7

Default Re: Fog lights for WT Fiesta LX

Hi Jess,
no I haven't, as I have a Zetec.
But if you crawl under your car you might find it already has the connections to plug in the lights.
Then all you would need is the right switch.
Probably the best idea would be to pick someone's brains at a service centre - if no-one here has an answer, and then get an auto-electrician to fit them.
Then there is the warrenty issue.
So maybe get a few quotes from different dealers.
good luck!
paulo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

very likely would be the zetec lights, and that price is probably not bad, if that includes fitting etc. as the lights themselves would be approaching $300+? And if that includes fitting, a professional job etc, you might be worth negotiating that price a little..... as opposed to shopping around?
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
jesskazen
Starter Motor

thanks guys, ill have a look under the car and give ford a call, i assume the wiring should all be there as there is already a redundant fog light switch in the car.

cheers
Old 06-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
Fiestaman

As mentioned in previous post I found wiring for fog lights near the openings on my WT CL. Should imagine they would be quite easy to fit - check overseas prices as these are much lower. Have seen lights with surrounds for 35 quid each side.

I have also noticed the unmarked switch where the Zetec fog light switch should be but I have not taken this out to see if it can be connected. The foglights also require a relay which my car has in the fusebox (thus I presume every WT Fiesta has one - Zetec or not) so no problem there.

Let us know how you go!
Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
jesskazen
Starter Motor

can you recommend a overseas site to check out?
ill def upload some pics when im done
Old 07-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
Fiestaman

Here are a few that I looked at:
http://www.clevelandpanels.com/ford/...esta-8-08.html

Can buy LH and RH bezels and lights

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPOT-...item3cb71ee8c8

The site above apparently operates from Thailand so whether the parts are substandard or you will get ripped off?????
Old 08-10-2011, 02:19 AM   #8
Caydus

Nice finds there. Wonder if those lights are real high beams you can't have on unless it's really foggy, or low powered headlight supplements...
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
Caydus

Digging through the seller's feedback, here's what i got for the Foglights:

Quote:
Great Seller
Member id bluesti888

exactly what Ford provides for fraction of the cost - fantastic
Member id chrishawk67

Propt delivery A 1 product
Member id georget1010
Sent a message to chrishawk67 asking about his experience with them, hopefully we get a response

Last edited by Caydus; 08-10-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #10
Caydus

Got a response!

Looks pretty awesome, seems to work, but there are also a few items missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishawk67
I have a 2010 WT Fiesta. The lights turned out to be the Phillips lights that Ford uses themselves.

Fitting took about 1Hr as all the wiring connections were compatible with the exiting installed looms.
Missing items were the switch that goes behind the button on the dash and the pan, tilt adjustment nuts to set the lights correctly. The nuts cost $35 from Ford and I installed an after-market switch, Ford's was too expensive.

I now have the lights come on for 30 seconds when the car is locked / unlocked (welcome home feature on brochure) that did not work without the fog lights.

Total cost was the Lights + $35 for the nuts + $15 for the switch mounted low on the dash and is hardly noticeable, not being a Ford switch.
Being that the lights use the pre-installed looms, i turn the new switch on and forget it. Lights are controlled by the headlight switch and come on with the parkers.
I also messaged the seller and got this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay
To: kw2401
Subject: Details about item: caydus sent a message about SPOT FOG LIGHT LAMP KIT FORD FIESTA 2009-2011 #260770293960
Sent Date: Oct-07-11 16:09:37 PDT

Dear kw2401,

Hi, I have an Australian WT LX Fiesta, Thai built in November 2010, will these foglights fit? Are all the parts needed to install it, included in the kit, including the chrome surrounds?
Are they original Ford OEM parts used to fit into new cars, or are they aftermarket?

Thanks!

- caydus

==========

To: caydus
Subject: Re: Details about item: caydus sent a message about SPOT FOG LIGHT LAMP KIT FORD FIESTA 2009-2011 #260770293960
Sent Date: 08-Oct-11 14:01:01 AEDST

Dear caydus,

Hi,please send pic your car to tuk9325 @ gmail,i can check item and contact with you again,
are they aftermarket,Thanks

- kw2401

==========

To: kw2401
Subject: Re: Details about item: caydus sent a message about SPOT FOG LIGHT LAMP KIT FORD FIESTA 2009-2011 #260770293960
Sent Date: Oct-08-11 00:22:01 PDT

Dear kw2401,

Hi,

Instead of sending it to your e-mail i thought it might be easier for me to give you a link to two images I took for this:

http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=Fiesta2.jpg

http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=Fiesta1.jpg

Also, how bright are they? Are they equivilant to high beam? Or are they adjustable?

Thanks

- caydus

==========

Re: Details about item: caydus sent a message about SPOT FOG LIGHT LAMP KIT FORD FIESTA 2009-2011 #260770293960
To: caydus
Sent: 09-Oct-11 04:49

Dear caydus,

Hi,i have 6 item Fiesta
SPOT FOG LIGHT LAMP KIT FORD FIESTA 2009-2011 Item number: 260770293960
NEW FORD FIESTA SEDAN 4 DOOR SILL SCUFF PLATE Item number: 260725088079
DOOR HANDLE BOWL CHROME FORD FIESTA 2009-2011 Item number: 260828586961
FUEL CAP DOOR COVER TRIM FORD FIESTA 2009-2011 Item number: 250866389373
V2 FUEL CAP DOOR COVER TRIM FORD FIESTA 2009-2011 Item number: 250869404717
CHROME SIDE LAMP SIDE VENTS COVER FORD FIESTA 2009-2011 Item number: 260831198543
Thanks

- kw2401
So... English is probably not his strong suite...
Old 10-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #11
Caydus

After reading what he wrote again, looks like there's actually nothing behind the two plastic buttons beside the headlights switch, prob just a spring, so first hurdle is to find out how to get a non OEM switch that fits behind it (Ford's is prob a bit pricey).

Also, a bit more to consider:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSW RTA Road Users Handbook
Fog lights
Front and rear fog lights must only be used in fog or rain, or when conditions such
as smoke and dust limit your vision. It is a legal requirement that once conditions
improve and you can see more clearly, the front and rear fog lights are switched
off.
If your vehicle is not fitted with fog lights you may use your headlights during the
day in these adverse conditions.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #12
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It may be different for the Fiesta, but the foglight kit I got for the Focus from UK Ford Parts came with a dash switch (including a redundant dial for adjustable headlights), along with the bezels and the foglight bulbs themselves.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2011, 03:02 AM   #13
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caydus
Got a response!

Looks pretty awesome, seems to work, but there are also a few items missing...

I also messaged the seller and got this...

So... English is probably not his strong suite...
I had a lol.

Does the WT already have the fog button next to the dial that turns the lights on like the WS?

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
Fiestaman

Has anyone taken the front fog light switch out of the dashboard to see if it has any wires connected to it?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #15
trumpy73

on the WS it's in the centre of the main headlight switch which of course has a plug in the back so one would assume it is wired. As to where it's terminated at the other end I have no clue.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #16
Caydus

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
It may be different for the Fiesta, but the foglight kit I got for the Focus from UK Ford Parts came with a dash switch (including a redundant dial for adjustable headlights), along with the bezels and the foglight bulbs themselves.
The light kit this guy sells isn't from Ford. It's an aftermarket package and judging by Chris's response, it doesn't have the dash switch.
Truely looks like a barebones kit, just enough to have it installed, and then a little less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhcbm
Does the WT already have the fog button next to the dial that turns the lights on like the WS?
There's two buttons, one to the left and one to the right of the headlight dial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaman
Has anyone taken the front fog light switch out of the dashboard to see if it has any wires connected to it?
Again, judging by Chris's response, that would be a negative for CL and LX models. I'm guessing it's just a spring loaded button with no switch behind it.
Old 15-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #17
jerryaus

maybe u can try to order from china, which comes with full set & cables, button, also with chrome fog light cover, all from original ford spare parts, only $50 without shipping, but probable it will effect warranty.

Last edited by jerryaus; 15-10-2011 at 10:56 PM.
jerryaus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #18
Caydus

awesome man, link to the sale?
Old 16-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #19
jerryaus

Sorry mate, it comes from china, maybe I can order for u guys one day
jerryaus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #20
Moorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaus
maybe u can try to order from china .... all from original ford spare parts, only $50 without shipping ...
Once again shows how much we get ripped off for parts in Oz.
Moorie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
Caydus

Well, people do have to feed their kids

and their relative's kids

and the kid's next door

and the fat kid they like

Old 25-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #22
Caydus

So, I'm going to be installing the fog lights in the next month or two, got everything arranged, but the switch. Want to stay with the stock switch, so looking into alternatives to wire it up.

Checked in with Ford and just for the switch, not even including the plastic bits up front, they're asking for $278...
So that's pretty much out of the question.

Does anyone know how to remove the trim covering up the switches? Doesn't seem to be any visible screws or pry points.
Old 25-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #23
Fi.ES.TA

If you mean your switches on the dash for your headlights its easy just get a flat blade screw driver wrapped in a soft cloth as to not damage your dash and push the blade into the top of the switch theres clips top and bottom and carefully pull away from the dash and it will clip out,in one unit with a single connector on the back ;)
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #24
Caydus

Old 17-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #25
waterskier

great how much and does it have everything need to get lights working? Looks promising
waterskier is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #26
Caydus

Go it from this ebay sale.
Got some matte black surrounds to replace the chrome ones and they're still being shipped so still waiting before i install
Old 18-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #27
waterskier

Thanks Caydus they look great and the price is right too...
Why the matte black surrounds?
waterskier is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #28
Caydus

The car is a LX, so there's pretty much zero chrome on the car with the exception of the Fiesta badge at the back, which i removed away.
Matte black plastic suits the car more now and it's also quite unique in Australia given matte black surrounds are only ever seen in Fiestas in the UK.
Old 30-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #29
Pursya

Hello all,
my first post so be kind.

I have just purchased a new Fiesta Zetec for the Mrs. She previously drove a pocket rocket Barina Sri.
Now she drives about 36kms each way every day to work on highway/country roads which at this time of year are extremely foggy in the morning.
The Barina (European, not Asian) had excellent fog lights and she reports to me that the Fiesta fogs are all but unusable.
Beam is way to low and therefore not showing enough road to maintain a decent speed.
So, is there a way to adjust them? I expect there is, but I believe the chrome surrounds need to be removed and I have not found a way to do that.
Any advice, and pics/detailed instructions welcome and appreciated.
I hope I haven't made a mistake with this vehicle as I now see that the Corsa D (the Barina was a Corsa C) is about to go on sale in Oz.
Cheers.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #30
Caydus

Put the kit in today with a mechanic mate of mine.

In short, the kit is pretty terrible for the uninitiated.

The screws provided for the lamps were not long enough and the surrounds did not fit snugly. A fair bit of play in it.
Luckily, the lamp is fairly well made and all the screw holes line up perfectly, so having that screwed in resulted in a pretty solid mount.

To the Fiesta WT's credit, the entire wiring loom is already in place and snaps straight into the lamps. The front fog light relay in the fusebox is all there, all that's missing is the switch.
Turns out the light switch panel is a sealed one piece unit that a single Ford plug from the wiring loom snaps into the back.

There was enough wiring in the kit to create a separate loop that runs off the battery, but that would be a bit too ghetto for me.

So right now I've got the lights in, snapped into the existing wiring loom with some very loose matte black surrounds (doesn't look half bad) with some thick 3m double sided tape wedged in to take up the slack. The surrounds are going to be a temporary thing though until i get some genuine surrounds.

Looks like the shopping list now includes a light switch assembly and some surrounds to finally make it all work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya
So, is there a way to adjust them? I expect there is
You have to get in and under the car to get at the back of the fog light. There's a silver screw there operating a gear that looks a bit like a silver bottle cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya
I believe the chrome surrounds need to be removed and I have not found a way to do that.
Without surrounds, the front end does look ugly, but meh.
If you need to remove them, the surround is held by 4 plastic clips, left, right, top bottom. You can prob force a screwdriver in from the front and wedge the clips free, but probably the safest way is to remove the lamp itself and remove it from the back.