Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Capless Refueling System

Is anyone having trouble with their capless refueling system? Just recently ive started to struggling to get the nozzle in the pipe.

I have to lift the pump nozzle up higher and sort of life up the pipe in the car to get it in.

it going in tomorrow to be looked at as obviously its a issue and a pain.

anyone else got something similar?

Old 28-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Swoopdown

Default Re: Capless Refueling System

"I have to lift the pump nozzle up higher and sort of life up the pipe in the car to get it in."

Havent filled up for awhile and will try and get some today.

I had a quick read of the manual last night, and it says to fill up/use the nozzle between 3pm and 6pm area...

Did you get one of those plastic nozzle thingys when you got the car? maybe give that ago.

Love the winnebago!
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
trumpy73

Speaking of the plastic thingys, I remember a while back I wanted to add some injector cleaner and didn't realise the car actually came with that thingy. Inserted the cleaner into the fuel pipe and the entire contents ended up on the ground lol!! $12 down the toilet.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is a pain this system. I dont trust it.

Just had it at ford who reckon the system is fine. So i guess ill be living with it and see how it goes... i hope this car doesnt fall apart around me when the warranty it up.
Old 28-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
cainen

I think I do have to lift the nozzle up a little but never really found it an inconvenience.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Swoopdown

So filled up yesterday, have only had my ST for a week now.
It is a little tricky to get the pump in without some movement/top gun finesse.

I lifted the pump up higher from a flat level, to push that little clip thingy down and slide the pump in.

However when i got the nozzle in, i didnt have it in far enough so when i pulled the trigger some fuel backwashed out from the little whole underneath the openning. :(

I did notice that there is a some flex and movement of the openning, due to the rubber holding it in place. So this might be a factor affecting you getting enough force on that clip to penetrate the openning.

Iam happy with the system although a little tedious. Its far better than my old corolla with a broken fuel lid hatch and my ute that is underneath the tray that requires the pump to be held upside down from a hunchback position.
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
Skramit

I'm not a fan but I'll live with it. I am used to jiggling the nozzle to get the last drips out so it doesn't drip down the side of the car but with this system it's so snug it makes it hard to ensure no drips from the nozzle when u take it out. Oh well.
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #8
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
It is a little tricky to get the pump in without some movement/top gun finesse.

I lifted the pump up higher from a flat level, to push that little clip thingy down and slide the pump in.

However when i got the nozzle in, i didnt have it in far enough so when i pulled the trigger some fuel backwashed out from the little whole underneath the openning.

I did notice that there is a some flex and movement of the openning, due to the rubber holding it in place.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post