Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Default Advice all on cancelling a new car order

Hey all,

Long shory stort, I've pretty much 85% decided to cancel my order on the Golf R.

Wait is too long, Performance of the manuals compared to DSG is a little Ho Hum, and I want something more hardcore.

Still not interested in 70+ for an RS Focus, am looking at taking a Megane Renaultsport 250 Cup Trophee off the showroom floor.

Now, Question is, The VW contract I signed promised a March delivery. That deivery is now been postponed until June, and some guys on the VW forums are already getting calls to postpone again to august.

They have broken the ETA time promise I signed for. Now can I get my deposit back if I cancel based on this? My Golf hasn't even recieved a build date as yet.

Cheers all

-Dan

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Speak to a solicitor.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
bungarra

I know I cancelled a contract due to repeated delays in delivery. I had sort the advice of Department of Consumer of Protection in Perth, who gave the correct wording to use. I am not sure in Melbourne though.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Yes, really not much more to add. Will take 15 minutes for any solicitor to read the contract and cancellation faxed. Could give them a go face to face first and see how you go. Thats about it really

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Speak to a solicitor.
This forum is full of legal advice isn't it?

right or wrong it gets given all the time, well according to the poster it is always correct, it just may contradict what somebody else has posted that is also correct

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,

Last edited by ratter; 23-01-2011 at 08:45 PM.
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just chat to the VW dealer. I am sure with such a long wait time, they arent going to be too fussed about losing one order five months down the track. If the dealer causes any issues (they may not want to lose out on the sale), just say you will take it to VW direct. I am sure VW wont want it publically known that a promised delivery date of a few months, can turn into many more months. No point in resorting to a solicitor until you at least have tried the basics first.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
JimNiki
71Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDHLANE

Sooo wrong for the forums.
But luvn it!
not that there's anything wrong with that! hehehe
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Hey all,

Long shory stort, I've pretty much 85% decided to cancel my order on the Golf R.

Wait is too long, Performance of the manuals compared to DSG is a little Ho Hum, and I want something more hardcore.

Still not interested in 70+ for an RS Focus, am looking at taking a Megane Renaultsport 250 Cup Trophee off the showroom floor.

Now, Question is, The VW contract I signed promised a March delivery. That deivery is now been postponed until June, and some guys on the VW forums are already getting calls to postpone again to august.

They have broken the ETA time promise I signed for. Now can I get my deposit back if I cancel based on this? My Golf hasn't even recieved a build date as yet.

Cheers all

-Dan
Have you read the latest Motor mag and are having second thoughts Danny
In all seriousness id speak to your dealer first and foremost and if they wont come to the party, id go straight to VW direct. IMO that just simply isnt good enough.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #9
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
I'd have a word and have them go through their manifest again. They do cancel as the R32 I bought a couple of years back was a cancelled ordered already on the ship (which still took 2 months to get here..). Perhaps someone else got jack of waiting and you can pick up their order.

If the car hasn't even been down the line yet and the promise date is March, I'm sure you have an out.

That 250 is a nice bit of kit, I might take a quick squiz at one next time I'm up for a car replacement.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Quote:
Hey all,

I think you should speak to them first and foremost, don't mention to them that you looking to buy anything else... Just say due to changed circumstances you are no longer able to make the purchase.

In most cases if the goods in question have not been taken, you can usually cancel and obtain your deposit back.

Evo X not on the shopping list??

Cheers all

-Dan

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
4dlvr
4dlvr

just go there and scream.. works a treat
4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #12
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Obviously when some people on here's friends told them to 'go nuts' over the NYE period, they took it literally.

Let's all stay on topic please, and stop the bickering/insults, it's very boring.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #13
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
You should be asking this of the VW dealer. And the long wait serves you right for ordering a hair dresser's car.
Okay, seeing as how my original post was deemed offensive to another member (who I absolutely positively did not in any way intend to offend and If it did, I sincerely apologise), I will reiterate to you JC what it was that I said.

I am lucky enough to have at my disposal an FG FPV F6 and an FG XR6T as a comparison to any potential vehicle I purchase. so therefore any vehicle I choose to buy to sit alongside the F6 and the XR in the garage must have been pretty bloody impressive. And it was, and so is the Megane RS 250.

If a DSG R can do 0-100 in 4.3s with a $1600 APR tune, then I implore you and the bandwagoneers to rethink your statements about it being a hairdressers car. Remember ford Sells the XR5 Focus and the RS Focus. I assume they are but hairdressers cars to you too?

To all of you who have given me a sensible, and helpful answer, cheers and beers, I'll give VeeDub a call pending a test drive of the RS250 and see how I go. Heres Hoping.

-Dan
Old 23-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #14
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Best thing to do is to double check the contract and see if there's anything in there about date changes etc. It's a shame dude coz I know how much you were looking forward to that car.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #15
SCXR5T
Aka.Barnesy

Buy a run out XR5 for 31 grand...

Bring it to me and slot me $12 grand...Total outlay $43 grand...

It will be faster and look better than a 70 grand RS, and after driving it, you will giggle like a schoolgirl everytime you hit the start button.

Plus you will remain with the blue oval

Just my 2 cents....
Old 23-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #16
SCXR5T
Aka.Barnesy

Last edited by SCXR5T; 23-01-2011 at 10:43 PM.
SCXR5T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #17
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCXR5T
Buy a run out XR5 for 31 grand...

Bring it to me and slot me $12 grand...Total outlay $43 grand...

It will be faster and look better than a 70 grand RS, and after driving it, you will giggle like a schoolgirl everytime you hit the start button.

Plus you will remain with the blue oval

Just my 2 cents....
It'll be a Renaultsport Megane 250 sorry bud. Before I ordered the the Golf R my lil thrasher was a Clio Renaultsport 182 Cup.

I have the utes for work and cruising, and because I like the Ford utes more than Holdens and they are the best utes in their class, the top of their game.

Meggy RS250 is at the top of its game at the moment, and thats what I will be going for.

-Dan
Old 23-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #18
SCXR5T
Aka.Barnesy

Cool.....
Old 23-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I drive a basic golf sometimes and it's great. I'd love to try out an R with a DSG.

But to hell with waiting that long.

When I signed the contract for my last car, I had a week as a cooling off period and was able to cancel the contract at anytime with a full refund of my deposit. But I am guessing you sign your contract a while ago???

I should of took them up on the offer to cancel mine, regret buying a slow POS everyday.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #20
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of my mates bought a Golf R about 2 months ago. He has had it modded to what they called "stage 1".

It is VERY bloody quick....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #21
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
One of my mates bought a Golf R about 2 months ago. He has had it modded to what they called "stage 1".

It is VERY bloody quick....
Sure are, DSG's are ripping 5.3 out of the box, while the manuals struggle to hit 6.5 (MOTOR got no better than 6.8). Seeing as how the one I ordered was a manual (I love manuals), it's just been another dissappointment. If I'd ordered a DSG, I may not be in this predicament, their potential is amazing, although I wanted a manual, and it seems that VW aren't all too interested in backing the manual variants anymore.
Old 23-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #22
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

So Danny, how does the Megane 250 compare, still plenty of snort by the looks.....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #23
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Dunno why anyone would badmouth one of these hot hatches. They're a handful and very fun to drive, coupled with awesome German engineering and are rockets around corners. You'll have the F6 for straights and the VW for corners....unfortunatly you are cancelling, but either hatch you choose will likely bring a similar smile to your dial.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #24
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sure are, DSG's are ripping 5.3 out of the box, while the manuals struggle to hit 6.5 (MOTOR got no better than 6.8). Seeing as how the one I ordered was a manual (I love manuals), it's just been another dissappointment. If I'd ordered a DSG, I may not be in this predicament, their potential is amazing, although I wanted a manual, and it seems that VW aren't all too interested in backing the manual variants anymore.
If you can't cancel the order completely, can you at least change the gearbox chosen? That shouldn't be a problem if the car isn't even built yet.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #25
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Dunno why anyone would badmouth one of these hot hatches.
Isn't it obvious?

They have never driven one so don't actually know what they are on about!

That and the little willy thing!
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #26
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
So Danny, how does the Megane 250 compare, still plenty of snort by the looks.....
184kW to the Golf R's 188kW, so on a straight, the Meg RS will eventually pips the R Due to its lighter weight, Last months MOTOR had a great comparo which outlines this. The R is a touch soft round a track, but it isn't meant to be a hardcore thing like that which RS produces.

The Meg RS does about 6 - 6.3s 0-100, Golf R manuals are getting about 6.5 - 6.8. Both very easy to flash tune as well, but the Meggy handles like a balls out racecar on rails like all RS vehicles do (while the Golf pushes wide when you're up it), and I tell you now, down the straights both would still give the F6 a hell of a hard time.... Phenomenal cars, but the RS is pretty much won me over for the fun factor and the fact I won't have to wait. It's also cheaper
Old 24-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #27
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
If you can't cancel the order completely, can you at least change the gearbox chosen? That shouldn't be a problem if the car isn't even built yet.
DSG is 2.5k more which pushes me from 58k to 60,500 which then means the government drops their lovely Lux Car tax onto it and that pushes the price up another 8 percent...

Besides, I can't change even so much as the colour of the car or VW say that it goes back to the back of the line.. :(
Old 24-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #28
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
DSG is 2.5k more which pushes me from 58k to 60,500 which then means the government drops their lovely Lux Car tax onto it and that pushes the price up another 8 percent...

Besides, I can't change even so much as the colour of the car or VW say that it goes back to the back of the line.. :(
But isn't that a good thing now that you want to cancel? Change the gearbox option, and when they tell you the wait, then ask to cancel because that wait is not reasonable.

Then you can go for the much more respectable megane.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #29
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
But isn't that a good thing now that you want to cancel? Change the gearbox option, and when they tell you the wait, then ask to cancel because that wait is not reasonable.

Then you can go for the much more respectable megane.
I would try that too.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 01:21 AM   #30
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Wow, talk about spoilt for choices.

As others have said, read the contract and get some worthwhile advice. Without seeing the contract I would assume the delivery date is mentioned on it, which if they can not deliver they have not fulfilled the contract.

I know of a person that ordered and paid a deposit on a BFII Super Pursuit and then cancelled the order when delivery was delayed to a point that was unacceptable to him. He got his deposit back and bought a BFII GT elsewhere.

I guess the big question is why the change of mind on the VW, is it purely the delivery time or is it the characteristics of the two cars and the Meggy is your preferred weapon?

If it just the delivery time, think hard because the wait could be worth it. If not, well go for it and get some good advice from people that really know.

Either way you are going to end up with a weapon of a car and I will be seriously jealous, you poor thing.

As for the hairdresser car thing, my Mini is stock, I am willing to put it up against any stock Ford Falcon on the Mt Cotton hill climb course. Trust me when I tell you the Mini will surprise you, these hot hatches fly and not only in straight lines. Any FPV I have driven would slide off the road if it tried to corner as fast as the Mini does (and my mates Golf GTI). Think about it for the moment, the renault megane RS has 184 kw, 340 nm and weighs 1380 kg. The fabled FG XR6 that so many recommend has 195 kw, 391 nm but weighs 300 kg more. That explains why the Renault is faster in both 0-100 and the 400 m. Hatches such as the Mini JCW, Renault RS, Golf R and Focus RS are not hairdresser cars, they punch way above their weight.

Last edited by geckoGT; 24-01-2011 at 01:33 AM.
geckoGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post