Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 15-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default how do i launch

well back when my car was N/A i could stall it to about 2k and flatten it without spin and it would take off ok but now its turbo'd and stalling with light throttle results in wheelspin and just hitting the gas results in bogging down untill it hits boost....how do i find the happy medium...i've tried but from no boost to boost is a very fine line.....i guess i could put on some high profile wide tyres but i want to keep my 235/40r18's

BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
GASXR6

You must put on good purpose designed tyres if you want the best results. You can get away with some tyres when you find a happy medium, but will never be able to find the full potential if you can't get maximum traction for the horsepower you have. You don't play golf with a cricket bat so why drag race with tyres designed for something completely different?
GASXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
boost4.0L

get a jim mock 3000stall specially designed for btr auto eb six on boost uses one and he lauches hard so . also i now have one since changing from manual to auto no more bogging down for me . i launch off the line consistently now . and i agree with gasxr6 can't stall without good tyres otherwise u just smokem
now auto with jim mock 3000stall

sold argh shouldn't have now got start new project in 2010
boost4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just seems odd that when i got the tyres and without the turbo i couldn't even spin them now it fries them....they are nankangs so they have probably gone off a bit too

boost4.0l....hows the right rear door going? did you get the rest of your car fixed after the bin incident

cheers
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
GASXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8
just seems odd that when i got the tyres and without the turbo i couldn't even spin them now it fries them....they are nankangs so they have probably gone off a bit too

boost4.0l....hows the right rear door going? did you get the rest of your car fixed after the bin incident

cheers
Has a lot to do with the torque you are producing and where in the rev range you are making it!
GASXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post