Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 19-06-2007, 01:49 AM   #1
AUI99
Banned

Default AU SHOW N' SHINE & BBQ DAY...

I was at last years BBQ and i was wondering when the next one will be???? It's been a year since the last one, well and truly a year!

Old 19-06-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
Soundwarp
Blue to the bone!

Hmmmm BBQ day sounds like a heap of fun..........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...dwarp/fbar.jpg
Old 19-06-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp
Hmmmm BBQ day sounds like a heap of fun..........
Organised on for the 13th of October on the Gold Coast. I'll even come up for it. :
Old 19-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Looking at organizing one later this year if possible.
At the moment I just dont have the time to get everything together but later this year I will try to get something going.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 19-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Would be cool to have one here in SA too.

Just thinking, I wonder how difficult it would be to make it "national", ie one in each state on the same date.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 19-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta

Just thinking, I wonder how difficult it would be to make it "national", ie one in each state on the same date.
Good idea, but would need clued in, switched on and passionate Casper types (read AU crazy!) in each state. LOL!

BTW Casper, I have a few ideas for such a day, as leftover from reflections about the last excellent event. Contact me if you'd like such feedback.

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 19-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Feedback is always wanted and appreciated. Just post it up here.

Anyone else with feedback from last year please post too. I know it was far from perfect but for a first go it showed us a lot of good (and bad).

Old 19-06-2007, 03:06 PM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Feedback is always wanted and appreciated. Just post it up here.

Anyone else with feedback from last year please post too. I know it was far from perfect but for a first go it showed us a lot of good (and bad).
It was a very good day. Lots of names to faces, a real encouragement for us AUvians! Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Feedback / Ideas
I reckon the judging panel and catagories need to be agreed upon before the day. Just make proceedings smoother and give us an idea of what catagories we can enter. Such catagories could be posted up here beforehand.

Judging to take place earlier in the day, before food is being prepared. That way nobody that needs to leave early for whatever reason misses out, and the respective winners of each catagory get duly awarded.

A team responsible for the overseeing of the day (Casper and trusted associates) who delegate sub responsibilites for trophy selection, judging, food purchasing and cooking to others. In this way the overseeing team has a handle on everything, but is fairly free on the day to plug any gaps. Last time all the work was done by the dedicated few.

I reckon there'd be a good core group of people who could do each task, for example Daniel, Whoosha and the Cranny Crazies could purchase and cook the food. Heck, there's enough of them to have a roster for the cooking! Whilst we're talking about food, we need many more barbies, there will be lots more in attendance this year for sure.

The bbq's and drinks areas need more space between them, to allow for people traffic flow.

People's payments go through the same channels as the aufalcon.com stickers and such, to eradicate the need for money collection on the day.

Another group could organise trophies, another the booking of the venue and each could give short reports to the overseeing team every now and again as we approach the day.

I reckon a jumping castle for the kids would be great and surely one or two of the mums could sort out some face painting. I know of a good contact, $150 for the day last time I booked in April.

We could even have a few competitions for the lads, the S1 crummy rotor throw, the quickest change of the trailer tyre and so on.

That's about all I can think of for now.

Cheers all,

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 19-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #9
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
We could even have a few competitions for the lads, the S1 crummy rotor throw...GK
BWAHAHAHA, the only rule to the comp being they must be Ford originals. Slotteds will be disqualified. Suppose we could also have the left overs from the S2/3 brake upgrade weight lifting comp also...
Old 19-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:

haha, yeah would be great, id love to organise one in SA aswell ... but i think for something like this i'd need more help, not being able to do it all on my own ... and i'd need deffinate numbers of people who will definatly turn up, not like on sunday ... 16 cars didnt show!!!!! disappointing!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 19-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #11
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

I reckon a jumping castle for the kids would be great
I have a good mate who operates a jumping castle business, i'm sure i could twist his arm. Only thing is we will require a ute to transport it.
Old 19-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #12
AUI99
Banned

Casper you don't have to organise it! We can...We'll organise it and what ever questions or ideas we have we can put them towards you unless you wouldn't care?

But im sure a group of us could organise it!
Old 19-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #13
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Quote:

That a great idea, as i'm happy to be event organiser here in WA.

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
Old 19-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #14
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
haha, yeah would be great, id love to organise one in SA aswell ... but i think for something like this i'd need more help, not being able to do it all on my own ... and i'd need deffinate numbers of people who will definatly turn up, not like on sunday ... 16 cars didnt show!!!!! disappointing!
I'll be willing to help out with bits & pieces.

Either that, or I'm thinking - ROADTRIP TO MELBOURNE!!!

That is, if the Melbournites don't limit it to AU's with Vic registration only!
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 19-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #15
AUI99
Banned

Who would be intrested in helping out with the organising of an AU BBQ day here in Melborune?

1. AUI99
Old 19-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #16
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'll be willing to help out with bits & pieces.

Either that, or I'm thinking - ROADTRIP TO MELBOURNE!!!

That is, if the Melbournites don't limit it to AU's with Vic registration only!
Not at all, the more the merrier! We had a few down from ACT/NSW, mechan1k, Falkeen, Bucknaked, chief. Forgive me if i left anyone out
Old 19-06-2007, 07:34 PM   #17
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUI99
Casper you don't have to organise it! We can...We'll organise it and what ever questions or ideas we have we can put them towards you unless you wouldn't care?

But im sure a group of us could organise it!
I certainly dont mind others pitching in and organising it however please remember its called the AU SHOW N' SHINE & FAMILY BBQ DAY.
It must be family (read kid and partner friendly) and it must be accessible to all. That means no putting it way out East or way out West. It also must be child safe, have plenty of room for parking and preferably be easily accessible for people from interstate and country Vic.

My preferred place would be Hanging Rock.. it seems to be the best compromise and, as far as kids go, has a heap of room for things like jumping castles, football, cricket and other things without risking damaging the cars.

Old 19-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #18
AUI99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I certainly dont mind others pitching in and organising it however please remember its called the AU SHOW N' SHINE & FAMILY BBQ DAY.
It must be family (read kid and partner friendly) and it must be accessible to all. That means no putting it way out East or way out West. It also must be child safe, have plenty of room for parking and preferably be easily accessible for people from interstate and country Vic.

My preferred place would be Hanging Rock.. it seems to be the best compromise and, as far as kids go, has a heap of room for things like jumping castles, football, cricket and other things without risking damaging the cars.
No problem at all! Haning Rock sounds awesome!

Id be very intrested in helping out with this...Id just like to know who else would be intrested! Roughly what month would be better for all?
Old 19-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #19
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
Not at all, the more the merrier! We had a few down from ACT/NSW, mechan1k, Falkeen, Bucknaked, chief. Forgive me if i left anyone out
It was great to have a few Northerners join us down South. The more the merrier I say.

Nice name change by the way!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 19-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #20
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
I have a good mate who operates a jumping castle business, i'm sure i could twist his arm. Only thing is we will require a ute to transport it.
Great, that's the jumping castle sorted. Maybe we could get one of you guys out east to bring it in a trailer, that way we could use the trailer for the guys quick wheel change event!

Does Hanging rock have power? It may sound like a silly question, but I've not been there and we'd need power to run the jumping castle. I could actually get a loan of a gennie if need be.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 19-06-2007, 11:40 PM   #21
b2tf
not here much anymore

Whereabouts is hanging rock, Im keen to come down for the next one dependant on date and location. You melbourne drivers are all insane.
Old 19-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #22
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

so are these all going to be held on the same day in different states? just if its in november that was mentioned before, then take into consideration schoolies ... huge parties and major road congestion towards late november ... maybe october or be a good time? .. just need to fix a date, and we can start writting letters and getting numbers from our own states
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 19-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #23
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
... Either that, or I'm thinking - ROADTRIP TO MELBOURNE!!! ...
so who's going to drive your car all the way back when we drag ur but from a pub lolz ... nahh would be good, but would need to be planned at least 6months in advance to allow people to organise finance and to finalize bookings ... but a good idea to look into for 2008!!!!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 20-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #24
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
so who's going to drive your car all the way back when we drag ur but from a pub lolz
You've met me once, and you know exactly what I'm like!!! Classic. :

Honestly though when I go on roadtrips like this, if they involve alcohol I don't drive back the day after, I wait til the next day.

In all seriousness I would LOVE to get my car on the open road and head to Melbourne for something like this dependent on funds available and stuff, but if its not going to go ahead I'm sure some of us here in SA could organise something.
Quote:
Old 20-06-2007, 12:16 AM   #25
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Dude, you've met me once, and you know exactly what I'm like!!! Classic. :
hahahaha, i have that effect lolz ...

Quote:
In all seriousness I would LOVE to get my car on the open road and head to Melbourne for something like this dependent on funds available and stuff, but if its not going to go ahead I'm sure some of us here in SA could organise something.
yeah, it would be great, however i am interested in holdning one in S.A. aswell ... maybe start near the Freeway somewere, head up to Mt. Barker and then through to Victor Harbour for a few hours for a relaxing family day out! the drive will take a good 3hours ... however i need more people to help me organise it, and thanks Rick for the early offer, i appreciate it ... but i would love the help, because some people were not happy with our cruise that was just held ... accused me somewhat of it being ... un-organised ... :S constructive critism it may be, i still thought the day turned out to be great, considering i had never done one before lolz ...

but yes .. any ideas for a nation date anybody? ... this is going to be good!!!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 20-06-2007, 01:09 AM   #26
AUI99
Banned

Alright what date are we all looking at roughly?
Old 20-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #27
Soundwarp
Blue to the bone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Organised on for the 13th of October on the Gold Coast. I'll even come up for it. :

Well i hope i can make that one, i bet i'm *** out bush or just buist with work......
Hell i might try and put in leave for then...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...dwarp/fbar.jpg
Old 20-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #28
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp
Well i hope i can make that one, i bet i'm *** out bush or just buist with work......
Hell i might try and put in leave for then...
I had a type. I mean't you should organise one for the 13th. Day before the AFD show.
Old 20-06-2007, 11:57 PM   #29
falzoony
Rockin '67

^^ok nversace, riksta...looks like we are goin to be organizing a Show N Shine Day for adelaide! we need a location. any ideas?

'67 XR Wagon
Old 21-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #30
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

yeap ... make it a victor cruise ... start somewere down the bottom of the freeway, then head up to Mt. Barker .. stop for toilet break (as next section is a good 2 - 3 hour drive with no toilet stops ), then through the back way to Victor Harbour ... i think that would be wild ... but just a suggestion!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Closed Thread