Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #61
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVWEPN
150 for a slotted rotor!!! Thank god for trade pricing. $100 for a dba gold slotted and x-drilled Oh and in terms of pads Bendix ultimate are ultimately crap!!! You clean your rim and drive up the street and u will have brake dust on your rims. have changed to ebc green stuff and will never look back excellent pad IMO
EBC Green stuff is a awesome pad, But they cost me $300 for the front and after trying them back to back against the QFM A1rm I thought the QFM had more stopping power, Neither had brake fad that I could find. The A1m are also as good as the Green stuff , but they will get a bit of fad compared to the EBC, but only in extreme circumstances that you will not find on the street. If I were to rate all 3 pads thats I have spocken about for track purpose I would rate them QFM A1rm / EBC green stuff / QFM A1m.....
For the street I would go QFM A1m / green stuff / QFM A1rm I don't recomend for street purpose. To agressive on brake rotors....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #62
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

u got 4 pot calipers??? because 300 seems excessive for the front pads.
on my ef i picked up the front pads for $95 and the rears for $85
but thats in melb what state u in?
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #63
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Jabba has stock BA calipers (last time I spoke to him anyway, he changes so often, who knows). The BA calipers are considerably larger than EF so it is probably not far off considering they have probably come down in price now. Not sure which QFM pads his had in it but I know when he took me for a drive they were impressive for stock diameter rotors.
Old 26-12-2005, 08:51 PM   #64
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I am in QLD, and I have stock BA XR8 brakes the correct price I was quoted was $270 for the front.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 26-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #65
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
Jabba has stock BA calipers (last time I spoke to him anyway, he changes so often, who knows). The BA calipers are considerably larger than EF so it is probably not far off considering they have probably come down in price now. Not sure which QFM pads his had in it but I know when he took me for a drive they were impressive for stock diameter rotors.
When I took you for a spin last I was running the A1rm

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 26-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #66
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

fortunatly AU pads (at least AU1's, which is what this thread is about given thats what my car is :P) are no where near that. may only be single pots but at $150-$180 for the very top shelf gear we can afford to munch them every 15,000kms

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #67
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I greatly enjoyed reading through the thread. Thanks guys.

Liked the video too Casper! Nice exhaust note.

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #68
olfella
Cranky old bastard

I learnt a ot from reading this thread - thanks Casper for kickingit off and I will be in touch with QFM as soon as they return from holidays. I was thinking I would take Jabba's advice and throw some A1m's on the original rotors and if all goes well, upgrade to the the DBA's on my BA.
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #69
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quick update. The brake dust is not as bad as I thought. The car has now done 500+kms since the last wash and the amount of dust on the wheels, although noticable, is not overly bad.As for stopping power, they grip like the proverbial to a blanket and I will certainly say they are worth every cent for the stopping power.
The dust is only a little worse than the last set that were on that were, to be honest, woeful as far as fade goes. Well worth the trade off.. hugely improved stopping power.. slightly more dust.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 03:54 PM   #70
stiddy
Banned

Ive had 3 different types of pads on my car....
powermax, bendix performers and ferodos..
and honestly imo there isnt much difference between the ferodos and bendix apart from brake dust.. the bendix are shockers for dust.. ive got slotted rotors aswell..
powermax were shockers..
im due for brake pads soon and i'd like to try something different..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #71
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
powermax were shockers...
LOL, Powermax are what I have on the front of my car at the moment. I've done a couple of Nato Park runs since then, and they don't like it :P

Which Ferodo pads where you running Stiddy?

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 05:00 PM   #72
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a set of Race Brake pads with DBA crossed drilled and slotted rotors Worked great but fell apart in the end. Went to use brakes one day and the pad material just fell out from the rear!
Left me with metal to metal.which wasn't too good ror the rotor!
Checked the rest of the pads and found the rears all bad (pad material crumbling and metal backing plates badly rusted). One pad fell apart when I removed it!
Could have cooked them while at Darling Park but that was a fair while ago. Fronts seemed OK and until the time the pad dropped they were pulling up very good. Have been told since should have checked pads fairly regularlly.Have now put on ECB Green Tuff and though pedal a bit softer,pulls up quite good.
Am now waiting to see what R.D.A.are bringing out for the AU1's! :eclipsee_