Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2020, 01:00 AM   #1
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
I'm just looking to help people. Genuinely helpful and nice person (when not abused or intimidated).

I can't see how a plug for Vitamin D would in any way make me any money and I'm not entirely sure if people out there are getting enough, I mean unless you work outdoors with a shirt off I don't think we get enough, quite a few people spend most of the time watching tv or in front of a computer or inside a shed.

You can act like a tool and pretend that the only Vitamin D you need is free and comes from the sun or you can face the facts that most people don't work outdoors with their shirt off and want to post on a forum about how manly they are to other men. Or you can just grow up and pop a pill.

It could very well be that a deficiency in Vitamin D could be the thing behind most peoples depression anxiety and anger toward others and I was hoping to help people with that. and now it looks like from that article that I posted that there might be a link between a higher mortality and Vitamin D deficiency. I honestly don't see how what I'm doing is in anyway evil. I personally have had great results.

I mean sure if I start acting like a supplement plugger then please feel free to whack me one, until then hold your horses.

and thanks for the warning! Have a good night.

For reference I work in an office thorugh the day but am always outside, shorts singlet and thongs every time possible and the weather allows it.
With a half decent tan my Vit D number was almost none existent, zero.
I started using tablets to get a number and should really keep taking them but somehow got out the habit.
Old 15-08-2020, 01:47 AM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
For reference I work in an office thorugh the day but am always outside, shorts singlet and thongs every time possible and the weather allows it.
With a half decent tan my Vit D number was almost none existent, zero.
I started using tablets to get a number and should really keep taking them but somehow got out the habit.
Same scenario here except I avoid outside like the plague, the only time I go outside is from my door to the car then my car to the office door, I'm virtually a vampire but my vitamin D levels are good and I don't take supliments

My most pressing problem is I'm losing me hair at a rate of knots but not gaining wrinkles fast enough to pull off the shaved head look without looking like a neo Nazi

Baby face with a shaved head isn't a great look
2 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2020, 12:43 PM   #3
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Same scenario here except I avoid outside like the plague, the only time I go outside is from my door to the car then my car to the office door, I'm virtually a vampire but my vitamin D levels are good and I don't take supliments

My most pressing problem is I'm losing me hair at a rate of knots but not gaining wrinkles fast enough to pull off the shaved head look without looking like a neo Nazi

You will have to grow a big ZZ Top beard then bro, but you may be mistaken for a Jew then.
I seen this on the Simpsons. Bart mistook 3 Jews for ZZ Top and said you rock man ! as he went past.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #4
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Here's some hippy stuff that might help with the hair Franco:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Ancient-Se.../dp/038549162X
Old 15-08-2020, 04:43 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Here's some hippy stuff that might help with the hair Franco:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Ancient-Se.../dp/038549162X
I have fixed it with a flexfit baseball cap of the 1320 video variety

It's more obvious as my hair grows out but I keep on top of it by getting the wog mohawk cleaned up every month usually but COVID19 isn't helping with my beauty routine as all the Barbers are closed
Old 15-08-2020, 05:31 PM   #6
zilo
BANNED

Quote:

I will say this just once...your GP, ask for Propicea.
No more hair loss.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2020, 08:13 AM   #7
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I will say this just once...your GP, ask for Propicea.
No more hair loss.
And because I quoted it you've said it twice.

My recommendation is Minoxidil. (I'm losing my hair too)

That or a blowtorch and a talented coffee barista/gay barber and turn his head into a golden combover.

Last edited by gooseneck; 16-08-2020 at 08:29 AM.
Old 16-08-2020, 08:27 AM   #8
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s worth seeing if someone isn’t repeatedly rubbing their scalp as a stress displacement mechanism. Especially in the current Victorian climate.

Wondering what Sweden’s gross cost per fatality is, in national spending definitively linked to CV.
Closed Thread