Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default The Shell V-Power Collectable Ferraris

Is anybody else collecting these at the moment?

I've got three out of the six (Enzo, 360 Spider, Superamerica) and hopefully will have the other three by the end of the week.

If people are collecting them, have you opened them at all? Its so tempting, I wanna see this 2-speed in action, but at the same time I'm wanting to keep them in mint condition, unopened (I dunno why, they probably won't go up in value).

I think what I'll have to do is buy one of the ones I've already got, and give it to my best friend's 2 year old boy - that way I get the excuse of its not for me to play with, but I still get to play with it out of the packet boys and our toys!!!

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

the indian behind the counter asked me if i wanted one for 'onry tree dolla' and i said no and he looked suprised... he asked 'whai nut?' and i said smiling, looking at at my ute, 'I'm a ford man.'

we both had a chuckle =)

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

LOL nice.

As much as I love my Ford and stuff though, I'm getting these just coz they're kinda collectable, and cheap
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
thexyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Is anybody else collecting these at the moment?

I've got three out of the six (Enzo, 360 Spider, Superamerica) and hopefully will have the other three by the end of the week.

If people are collecting them, have you opened them at all? Its so tempting, I wanna see this 2-speed in action, but at the same time I'm wanting to keep them in mint condition, unopened (I dunno why, they probably won't go up in value).

I think what I'll have to do is buy one of the ones I've already got, and give it to my best friend's 2 year old boy - that way I get the excuse of its not for me to play with, but I still get to play with it out of the packet boys and our toys!!!
Buy an extra one to play with. I average $100 per tank fill so its only costing me $600 for these cars!
thexyking is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #5
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexyking
Buy an extra one to play with. I average $100 per tank fill so its only costing me $600 for these cars!
The girl at the servo I filled up at today said they will sell them without a fuel purchase, for the $4.99, and you can buy as many as you like in one hit. I think when I get paid tomorrow I might go get the rest of the ones I need just to ensure I've got them all (as well as a couple extra to play with)
Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #6
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

My missus bought me the whole set.. LOL.. they all sitting pretty on the bench..unopened as yet.. i am intrigued by the 2 speed and want to see it go.. might go rip one open.. :-).. Which one...

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post