Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Stereo Security Code

Mate of mine just got a EA falcon as a daily driver and needs to know how to reset the stereo security code. Is there a way if you dont have any number??

vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

You should be able to get a Radio code from a FORD Dealer. All you need is Rego papers. Having said that, the car may be too old to get a code but it is worth a try.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Have a look on the fuse cover panel, and in the owners book (if you still have it), the dealer usually writes it in there on delivery.

If not, you have to go into Ford with rego papers and license, and they will look the number up for you for free. This will only work if it has the original stereo fitted still.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 06:03 PM   #4
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Gee, I think I just said that and you DON'T need a licence. And, be careful, MOST Ford dealers charge for the service.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Gee, I think I just said that and you DON'T need a licence. And, be careful, MOST Ford dealers charge for the service.
Calm down and look at the post times dude.

If they want to charge you, go somewhere else, or buy a $5 part that you need at the same time.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #6
Age182
GMHKLA number plates

dealers do charge $50 or more and they will ask you for your VIN number

Previously owned:
1994 EF fairmont Ghia 4.0Ltr, AUTO
14.620@93.3mph

2000 Honda S2000
14.73@92mph (stock + no traction)
Age182 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
raiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age182
dealers do charge $50 or more and they will ask you for your VIN number
Last time I had it done it didn't cost me a cent and all they needed was the rego papers (which contain the VIN).

EF Fairmont, V8, Pacemaker Headers, hiflow sports cats, redback muffler, DBA Gold rotors, Tickford body styling kit, suspension and rims, heritage green, JVC MP3.

XB Coupe, 351C, +30 Speed-Pro hyper pistons, closed chamber heads, BlueRacer cam, Crane lifters, manley pushrods, crane roller rockers, double valve springs, Street Torker manifold, 650 holley squarebore, 4 into 1 headers, twin 2.25" exhaust, 16" thermo, tricked C4, B&M starshifter, LSD 9", discs all round.
raiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #8
64compact

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Mate of mine just got a EA falcon as a daily driver and needs to know how to reset the stereo security code. Is there a way if you dont have any number??
if you are steady with your hand and you don't have the matching radio for the car. 1 / first remove the radio. 2/ then with the wires still hooked up to the rear of the radio 3/ unscrew the top plate to the radio and lift it a little bit and you will see the terminals coming off the on / off switch they are very small on a small curcuit board 4/ with the the long thin needle you attach a 12v power supply to the needle and you apply power to the terminals of the on off switch one at a time useing the needle. (i use a needle so that i get a good go at the connections as they are very small) and you will over ride the security code, 5/ refit the cover and refit the radio with out disconnecting the wires from the back. if you have the code it is a lot easier. Ps make sure all the fuses are in good condition first
good luck
64compact is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #9
bo0

Have to be careful doing it like that though, mine's had the code overridden on it (from another car, mine didn't have one) and the backlighting doesnt function at all, so it may be easy to knock something out of whack, too lazy to fix it! :P
bo0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

They don't ask you for your license. They only need the VIN number, but the VIN only works if its the original head unit. Otherwise you need the serial numbers of the head unit itself. They usually charge $15 but it costs them nothing. I know this because I work for a Ford dealer and I get the radio codes myself. PM me with your details and I'll get it for you. However if for some reason the code they give you is wrong don't put it in more than 3 times or it will lock the unit.

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post